eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can't paste Google checkout button script

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hiboux

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 3:32 am    Post subject: Can't paste Google checkout button script Reply with quote

Does anyone know why this happens please? I need to add the Buy it Now Button to my items,but the option to paste doesn't appear,so I can't paste the script onto the page! I've tried every part of the page.It does show the google checkout symbol & credit cards accepted. I have confirmed & linked my bank,gone through the step by step,which was easy to create.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 5:40 am    Post subject: Re: Can't paste Google checkout button script Reply with quote

hiboux wrote:
I need to add the Buy it Now Button to my items,but the option to paste doesn't appear,so I can't paste the script onto the page!

The eCrater template provides the "Buy Now" button when the store is not On Hold. Your store is currently On Hold. This is controlled by the "On Hold" Option in the store admin. You do not need the button provided by Google Checkout.

hiboux wrote:
It does show the google checkout symbol & credit cards accepted.

Your UK store shows the GCO symbol. Your US store does not. Your US store has as the only payment option Cash on Delivery.

It's probably a good thing that your stores are On Hold, b/c you still also need to work out your shipping. You have shipping prices listed in the product listing itself for UK and Europe (nothing for US), instead of in the shipping option...which reads that shipping is Free.

For example, in your Owl Glove Puppet, the listing says:
"gift-wrapped & posted UK (pound symbol) 3.50
europe (pound symbol) 6.00"

Had to edit b/c the pound symbol cut the post off

Last edited by FoxAndFish on Fri May 25, 2012 7:23 am; edited 2 times in total
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't use Google checkout in the US unless you have a US bank account.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You definitely don't want a cash on delivery payment option especially for shipping from the UK. Even for those of us in the states, it is expensive, takes a long time, and you don't receive any payment until the mailman collects the money when delivering the item and they get around to sending it to you. I doubt you are even eligible to us it in the UK.

Can you not add Paypal as a payment option?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 25, 2012 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@ hiboux .... Welcome to eCrater. I think the question needs to be asked, did you know you have a US store? Were you aware that you must ship to all 50 states in the United States when you open a store on the UK site? Your US store is a mirror of your UK store and can be seen here: (just click on the blue link) http://hiboux.ecrater.com/. It is not possible to sell in the UK only when using eCRATER.

Google Checkout is available to merchants in both the UK and the US, but you must sign up for each separately. You must have a UK bank account to use Google Checkout in your UK store and you must have a US bank account to use Google Checkout in your US store. PayPal is available to sellers in both countries and you can use the same account for both stores.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: