eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google is labeling a children's record as "offensive go
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2012 11:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not to sound like a broken record or anything (get it?), but I have to mention Discogs again - they've been siphoning off ebay's music sellers & sales, especially vinyl, for a couple years. For buyers in collector and audiophile circles, Discogs is now the go-to and Ebay is the backup.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are they with 8 tracks? I get tired of the same "who uses 8 tracks anymore--this is 2012" comments from smart mouths who don't know their history.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 2:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of, i have a case of 8 tracks, I think the case is like that fake brown alligator skin look.

Probably not worth much, seems over at ebay the only way to sell a bar of gold it to sell it for 99 cents, that place is ruining the market for everything.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, you can list 8-tracks but I have no idea how sales go (never sold 'em). They started out pretty much vinyl-only but now you list CDs, cassettes, 8-track, reels, some music DVDs...

You can browse and see what other sellers are asking, or get a free account and see the sales history too (if there is any).

From my experience grazing hundreds of music stores though, I can say that most 8-tracks are probably only a dollar or two at the most. Unless it's one of the big names (Stones, Pink Floyd, Zappa, Zeppelin, etc.), then they can garner real dollars. Condition counts, like everything else... expect people to be as picky with 8-tracks as they are about records or comic books.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

@svoundtrack

Google Shopping and Google Checkout might have a problem with this listing, but checking Google Web Search ('sounds of the south site:ecrater.com') I see those listings on the 2nd page of my results.
svoundtrack

PostPosted: Wed Nov 14, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Google works in mysterious ways Wink
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2012 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

AudioGasoline wrote:
Yes, you can list 8-tracks but I have no idea how sales go (never sold 'em). They started out pretty much vinyl-only but now you list CDs, cassettes, 8-track, reels, some music DVDs...

You can browse and see what other sellers are asking, or get a free account and see the sales history too (if there is any).

From my experience grazing hundreds of music stores though, I can say that most 8-tracks are probably only a dollar or two at the most. Unless it's one of the big names (Stones, Pink Floyd, Zappa, Zeppelin, etc.), then they can garner real dollars. Condition counts, like everything else... expect people to be as picky with 8-tracks as they are about records or comic books.

True, I think also an avid 8 track owner, then could play them narrows the need.but you know how people are, only if I have that one tape, freegin millions, LoL.
They are just sitting here getting old, glad this thread reminded me.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sat Nov 17, 2012 1:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

svoundtrack wrote:
It just seems like such a silly matter for Google to take me to task over. Oh well.

It does seem silly but, Google is weird like that. In my other store that I used to have on here (I shut it down & moved everything from it over to my Bear Creek store) I had some magazines listed. Maxim men's entertainment magazine. This magazine includes stuff for men but they also show photos of women in bathing suits and sexy outfits. Nothing vulgar, no nudity, and the women are actually tastefully dressed. This magazine is not even considered to be erotic at all, and it makes playboy look like an NC-17 magazine but, I got an email from google stating that they will not accept checkout payments for adult entertainment materials. I was thinking, it's not even adult entertainment. The women in this magazine are fully dressed and are not doing any obscene gestures and the most skin you'll see is a women wearing a bathing suit. But google demanded that I remove these magazines. It was no different than a Sport's Illustrated magazine.

Maybe it was because I had "Men's Entertainment Magazine" in the title and the "men's entertainment" was what triggered them to send me the email. I did not delete the products. I relisted them all and took "men's entertainment" out of the title and ever since then I have not had any problems. I eventually just gave them away to one of my neighbors as magazines rarely ever sell but still, when I relisted them & changed the title, google got off my back.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: