eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

what happened to ecrater?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

viewfinders wrote:
campingoutlet wrote:
google works better than before, you just have to pay for it now.

As a browser using Google to find something, it doesn't work. I'm not thinking of whether my items show up or not....they do and I pay nothing over what eCRATER is paying. When I search for something I want, Google will return results that have nothing to do with my terms. No one is asking me to pay to get search results so from a user's viewpoint, it is worse than it was years ago before they started tinkering with it.
ya thats why you pay to get your ads right smack in front of those users, and those ads follow them around to any site that has google ads enabled. tech savy people will have adblocker of course, so you have everyone covered then - tech savy people like you said with google shopping campaign pla's, and adwords ads on google searches and websites.

you can work on you organic search results, but who knows how that works, it just takes time and some know how. i dont know much about that, because like i said you can get an ad right in their face on the first page if you pay for it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But if I want to buy a purse and I keep getting ads for camping gear, Google is not working for me. That is what I am saying. They don't give appropriate results. I'm not going to buy camping gear no matter how many times they show the ads.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
ya thats why you pay to get your ads right smack in front of those users

Camping, you and Maggie the cat are talking about two entirely different things! She is talking as if all she is doing is as a non-seller looking on the Google organic search for a purse to buy and ends up seeing tents instead. This has been going on for the last couple years. My husband has noticed the same thing. So if Google search isn't returning decent results in the organic search, who would want to bother with trying to find the thing in shopping assuming someone paid to have an ad there? I had never even heard of Google shopping till I came to ecrater. I had only done organic Google searches back when they were working.

By your theory if someone looked for a purse all the sellers with PLA should have their purses coming right up in front of her which is apparently not happening. Sort of like the carburetors I used to get when I looked up patterns!
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 1:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olyguy, are you sure? In Google.com in the 1rst page in #8. I saw the Weapon X card not the Bishop card. Also it is from Pinterest link not from eCrater. Wink

I'm just trying to proof what MaggietheCatsMeows said. The important is the problem with Google (organic) search. eCrater and the rest of the "Alternatives" depends a lot in organic search traffic. Google in this moment. It is the most used organic search engine by the common people.

Please stop confusing Google Shopping with the Google organic search. If you paying fees in the marketplace. It means you are in Google Shopping.

It will be nice that eCrater share with us. The general traffic of of the site. So we can see what have more weight.
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 4:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
But if I want to buy a purse and I keep getting ads for camping gear, Google is not working for me. That is what I am saying. They don't give appropriate results. I'm not going to buy camping gear no matter how many times they show the ads.
why would you have ads for camping gear if you are searching for a purse???? that doesnt make sense and that is not how adwords works. they show ads related to what your searching for. then if you actually click on a site the cookies will track you and follow you aroudn and keep showing you similar ads on any website you go to that has adwords, like even your ecrater store if you have adwords enabled.
olyguy

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 5:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
olyguy, are you sure? In Google.com in the 1rst page in #8. I saw the Weapon X card not the Bishop card. Also it is from Pinterest link not from eCrater.

X-Men All Chromium, Fleer Ultra 1995 - Alternate X Embossed Card ...
elpereles.ecrater.com › ... › Single Insert Cards‎
Fleer Ultra 1995 X-Men All Chromium Alternate X Embossed Card 4 of 20: Bishop ~ The card is in Excellent condition. All cards are in Ultra P.

This is what I see on page one, the 8th listing on google.com. It says nothing about Weapon X card. It says it is the Bishop card and 4. The ad is from ecrater.com not Pinterest.

Now, explain to me again why I'm seeing the wrong ad.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I don't see anything of eCrater in page #1. Only in page #2. Shocked

Now it is interesting. I need more details and more data. Can you please tell your state? I remember read somewhere that some sites like Google manipulates searches base on location, but it is rare read about comparisons.
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

olyguy wrote:
elpereles wrote:
olyguy, are you sure? In Google.com in the 1rst page in #8. I saw the Weapon X card not the Bishop card. Also it is from Pinterest link not from eCrater.

X-Men All Chromium, Fleer Ultra 1995 - Alternate X Embossed Card ...
elpereles.ecrater.com › ... › Single Insert Cards‎
Fleer Ultra 1995 X-Men All Chromium Alternate X Embossed Card 4 of 20: Bishop ~ The card is in Excellent condition. All cards are in Ultra P.

This is what I see on page one, the 8th listing on google.com. It says nothing about Weapon X card. It says it is the Bishop card and 4. The ad is from ecrater.com not Pinterest.

google searches are not uniform, the same for everyone, each person on a different computer gets different search results for the same search words. it all depends where you are, previous searches/activity.
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 6:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
Quote:
Google search doesn't work any more. I can't say how many times I start a search and the first results have nothing to do with my search terms.

Agree. Search in Google are become very hard. It is focusing some results in just popularity/rank of a site and not content. About items I remember see my stuff very easy in Google organic. Now I need sometimes to use all the tittle to see it. And not everything appears.

campingoutlet, lets be clear. One thing is Google Shopping and other is Google organic search. I don't care about Google Shopping because until this day it isn't a common tool use by the common people. It is only know between the "tech" users. The common people around me buy in Internet using eBay or Amazon or a search in Google/Bing/Yahoo.

Lets make an example. Everybody that is part of this topic. Search using the following terms "x-men chromium bishop 4 card" in:

https://www.google.com/shopping

www.google.com

www.bing.com

www.yahoo.com

www.duckduckgo.com

Just simple. Please tell what you see in the results.
hey on google you were #8 on the first page, and #1 on the second page of results. do you think this is good or bad? above you is ebay and amazon.

you are also #2 on google shopping, although they are mostly all your listings with one other seller from 'blujay free marketplace' at #1.

you were also #2 on google image search, which should not be underestimated, when people search for items and want to see pictures.

why does it show another card at that #8 spot? because it has all the same terms that match the search...perhaps that listing is older than the exact we searched for, or that listing has more traffic, or has been linked from somewhere else...google accounts for these things and will bump them up.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
hey on google you were #8 on the first page, and #1 on the second page of results. do you think this is good or bad? above you is ebay and amazon.

It is interesting. So for the USA. Both of you see it in page #1. Thanks for the info. From my point of view be in page #1 is great. It is other story thinking/acting as buyer. I know the focus in a fast search and laziness to read. So be in the button of the page or in other page. It isn't good. Wink

I don't focus too much in Google Shopping because for eCrater before the "pay to play" and isn't a common tool for buyers. I always remember see many of my stuff between the 1rst positions up to 3rd page.

About the Google Image. It is very rare see people buy items using the search photo. I saw people using it as reference to know how an item looks before buying in Amazon or eBay. Also it has become as great tool for lazy sellers that like to stole photos. Laughing
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Camping Gear, Google must not be working too well in your favor then. When I visit your store, I still see ads from Google underneath your listings advertising the exact same items you are selling ONLY the ads are telling me I can buy these items from Cabela's & for a cheaper price than what you're offering. So, if Google was all that great would they be telling your buyers "hey don't shop at his store, look, you can get this item cheaper at Cabela's, a national well established retailor!" Tried warning you about this a few months ago.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Bill O'Riely Fox news, at the end of his show he sometimes mentions web sites for good deals, or findlostmoney, etc etc.

A few shows ago he brought up to go see google shopping, so maybe that will give some of you (us) a bump.
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tigercreekgifts wrote:
Camping Gear, Google must not be working too well in your favor then. When I visit your store, I still see ads from Google underneath your listings advertising the exact same items you are selling ONLY the ads are telling me I can buy these items from Cabela's & for a cheaper price than what you're offering. So, if Google was all that great would they be telling your buyers "hey don't shop at his store, look, you can get this item cheaper at Cabela's, a national well established retailor!" Tried warning you about this a few months ago.
thanks for worrying about my store that i dont use. i dont even use ecrater anymore, i have my own .com store. i just use this username to post here since people report every store here to get them shut down. i only used the campingoutlet store about 3 years ago to sell one model of tent, the eureka solitaire and they were used, so I didnt want to use my real ecrater store to sell used products.
so keep worrying about my store that doesnt even really exist.
if you could please click on thsoe cabelas ads i would appreciate it so that i can get more adsense money, thanks!
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

campingoutlet wrote:
tigercreekgifts wrote:
thanks for worrying about my store that i dont use. i dont even use ecrater anymore, i have my own .com store. i just use this username to post here since people report every store here to get them shut down. i only used the campingoutlet store about 3 years ago to sell one model of tent, the eureka solitaire and they were used, so I didnt want to use my real ecrater store to sell used products.
so keep worrying about my store that doesnt even really exist.
if you could please click on thsoe cabelas ads i would appreciate it so that i can get more adsense money, thanks!

You turn some ones advice into a twisting knife, how was she supposed to know that you are afraid to use ecrater.

Last edited by A-Better-Way on Tue Mar 25, 2014 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
campingoutlet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 9:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

what was the advice, i see no advice. if anything her advice was to stop selling on ecrater because they post ads on your store advertising the same products at other stores.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7

Jump to: