eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Adding Shipping Locations to Listings

View previous topic :: View next topic  
secretarybird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:57 pm    Post subject: Adding Shipping Locations to Listings Reply with quote

I currently have my shop on hold due to being off on a bit of a vacation. I figured in the meantime, I should go ahead and prep some fresh listings for when I bring it back online tomorrow evening, and also add some more ship to locations.

So anyway, for simplicity, I was previously showing in my listings "free" shipping in the U.S. and a fixed rate to Canada, with a notation that I will ship worldwide, just message me and I will get back to you with a shipping quote.

I am now wanting to go ahead and add fixed shipping to UK and Australia to my listings. I have updated my shipping zones, and also filled in some numbers for both countries in the shipping matrix for good measure. However, I am not finding any way to actually add the new ship to locations to any of my current listings. What do I need to do to fix this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your shipping is fixed and not weight dependable, go to your matrix and fill in 0 for the USA, then the fixed amount to Canada and all other countries you will ship to. Enter the same amount all the way across the matrix.

If your shipping is weight dependable enter a weight related weight for each division across the matrix. To do this you must have a weight entered on each listing.

The international weights will not show on your admin listings but on the public views where it will show 0 for the USA, it will say other countries or other locations and if you click that the shopper can enter their country and get a shipping rate that you have designated.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:55 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding Shipping Locations to Listings Reply with quote

secretarybird wrote:
...So anyway, for simplicity, I was previously showing in my listings "free" shipping in the U.S. and a fixed rate to Canada, ...

I am now wanting to go ahead and add fixed shipping to UK and Australia to my listings. ...However, I am not finding any way to actually add the new ship to locations to any of my current listings. What do I need to do to fix this?
Fixed Rate shipping per item is only available for the US and Canada. For other countries, you'll either need to use the shipping matrix or USPS international calculated shipping.
secretarybird

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly after I posted this, I found the option for calculated shipping. So, I went ahead and enabled calculated shipping for international (but not for domestic), then "activated" calculated shipping in the Global Editor (which I amazingly discovered just recently).

Now all I have to do is manually edit the few items that are either U.S. only or items that are too large for First Class International. Actually for the latter, I will have to see if that is even feasible. Sometimes there are items where the weight is low enough for First Class International, but the package dimensions make it too large.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you can restrict certain items to US only. I was under the impression that if you shipped item A to the UK for instance, you had to be willing to ship all items to the UK no matter the weight or dimensions.

If you have the matrix filled out correctly and correct weights entered, the shipping fee for heavy or bulky items will discourage most buyers from proceeding with the purchase. Some people want an item no matter how much the shipping. Some of the heaviest items I've ever sold have gone to Europe or Japan.
secretarybird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 12:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I went through my listings, and there was only one item US only due to PayPal's signature requirement. For that one, I simply selected "Free Shipping in US". I suspect since that one doesn't mention any other locations, then that does restrict to US only.

For large items, I just simply st the weight at 5 pounds (even if the weight was originally 3 or 4) to force Priority International. No biggie for domestic, since the prices include domestic shipping. Fortunately, there weren't as many big but light items as I thought.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 4:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

secretarybird wrote:
I went through my listings, and there was only one item US only due to PayPal's signature requirement. For that one, I simply selected "Free Shipping in US". I suspect since that one doesn't mention any other locations, then that does restrict to US only.
That item is available for shipping to any country selected in your shipping zone chart. Go to the item and click on the link "More destinations" and you'll see it is available. The best way to protect yourself is to increase the weight to force the shipping cost to a point that your insurance and signature requirements are covered.

On eCRATER, there is no way to exclude an item from international shipping if your store ships international. If there is a work around, I've never seen it posted. If other sellers have found a way, I'm sure they'll post the information. You could also contact eCRATER direct to see if there is a way I haven't discovered.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ship pretty much everywhere via the matrix exclusively so not sure about this:
Quote:
I went through my listings, and there was only one item US only due to PayPal's signature requirement. For that one, I simply selected "Free Shipping in US".
Seems like you are taking the risk of having someone buy something and them seeing 'free' shipping for the UK. Those with other ways of doing postage might want to add in their thoughts on this, but I know a lot of people having trouble setting up their shipping end up with a lot of free shipping orders to the UK, etc.. Especially a problem since by ecrater rules whatever they are invoiced you can't charge them more or add on shipping costs after the fact. What you said seems like it might trigger that problem.
secretarybird

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the one item I have that is simply set that way is priced high enough ($2900 for a very rare promotional plush doll...only 100 of these made) to where I would happily eat the shipping if someone international managed to slip in.

The only issue would be PayPal's signature requirement, since the total is over $250 (which is changing to $750 later this month). Still have not found any sensible international shipping method that provides online viewable signature.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: