eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Coupons

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mcsunglasses

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 8:25 am    Post subject: Coupons Reply with quote

So I created a coupon code on Stripe but it hasn't shown up on my websites' cart? What am I doing wrong, I would really like to boost my website with coupons.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wasn't aware you could create a coupon on Stripe. At one time we could do this with Google Checkout, but the option wasn't available for a PayPal payment. The coupon would only show when the customer went to the GC page to checkout, it never appeared on our eCRATER checkout page. Since the customer doesn't actually leave eCRATER to pay via Stripe, I would think it unlikely that it's an option for us. It sounds like one of the Stripe features that would only be available when you code your own website.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 1:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried using coupons through GCO for around two years. I sent every customer a coupon with their order (both to ecrater and ebay buyers). All I got out of it was a wasted ream of paper, wasted printer ink, and I think all of 3-4 coupons turned in. I just never saw it as something very worthwhile, and others that chipped into their own comments, had pretty much the same results as I did.

Only saying this so you don't think you are missing out on something huge for helping drive business.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

On my own website my coupon use rate is currently 18% of all customers and 72% of returning customers. I only have one coupon code and it is on my business cards that go in all packages. I found they are used much more on my own site than on ecrater when I had a Google shopping coupon code. I think because using a coupon during checkout on my site is easier than that was.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Especially since to use the coupon code they HAD to check out with GCO and many are attached to their PP accounts and wouldn't switch.

Glad you are having good success with them. Sounds like you are possibly doing better than general coupons like for food products.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu May 22, 2014 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Especially since to use the coupon code they HAD to check out with GCO and many are attached to their PP accounts and wouldn't switch.

Glad you are having good success with them. Sounds like you are possibly doing better than general coupons like for food products.

Well it's much easier to use a coupon online than at the grocery store! I always forget to bring mine to the store--and when I do remember, they have expired. Even the online app coupons on my phone that Target and Kroger have are a pain to use.

There should be an app that you can use at the grocery store where you scan a bar code on a product and it goes out to the internet and finds a manufactures coupon for you that you can scan from your phone at checkout. I'd use that.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
There should be an app that you can use at the grocery store where you scan a bar code on a product and it goes out to the internet and finds a manufactures coupon for you that you can scan from your phone at checkout. I'd use that.

For that, I think I would be willing to get a smart phone or whatever sort of cell phone that does that. The skinnier the newspaper got here, the less I could justify it in our budget so we don't get Sunday coupons, and even if I can make a nice list and match it up with coupons, I end up not feeling well and can't get to the store till the sale items + coupons are over Sad

Surely someone could make an app like you mentioned.
SmallDesires

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To the OP:

I am wondering the same myself. I also have created a coupon with Stripe, but it appears there's no where to enter it from the cart. Not sure why.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I also have created a coupon with Stripe, but it appears there's no where to enter it from the cart. Not sure why.

Stripe is it's own business and all ecrater has it for is to allow us to use it as a credit card processor. Ecrater is in charge of our shopping cart and hasn't made a place to enter coupons as such. Which is the why of 'not sure why'. Not sure what kind of programming it would take to insert that feature into check out. And the decision about whether the coupon is good for the total order (including shipping) or only on the items sold and only can be used if they total a certain amount in either money or items, etc. With so many stores here, the coupon code would have to work for a lot of different variables, I would think, which would be a programming nightmare--at least in my mind it would. Maybe the guys that do that sort of thing could do it with their eyes closed, I don't know.

You might want to put this into a suggestion on that thread.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: