eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Reading comprehension
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jun 30, 2015 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As someone else stated, send her a photo of the seal before you ship. I have found that it's always the items with the smallest amount of damage, the type of damage that does not even affect the items at all that end up causing the biggest customer complaints.

If they wrote that to you in the notes to seller section they are obviously very picky about what they buy, so I'd run it by them first. That kind of comment has potential problem buyer written all over it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

you said your dumping the order in the next 24 hours, which means you never shipped it out. REFUND THE MONEY! You know whats going to happen if you ship out the faded seal, they are going to dispute it. Save yourself the trouble.

Last edited by universalcomputers on Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:44 pm; edited 4 times in total
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Mon Jul 13, 2015 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most people dont read anything whatsoever. They look at a picture and a price and thats it. We have some items that are only 2 lines long in description and they clearly state and picture whats there. When the advertisement points out it doesnt come with xyz, and they get the item, some of these buyer go into BS mode and file a fraud dispute claiming not as described. You show them links and cut and paste the advertisement, and they still think your the one thats wrong. They know what it said, they know it doesnt come with something, its the fact they have to go out and buy something.

Regardless of what you stick point blank in their faces, these people that file not as describe disputes based on what is clearly included, they will make every excuse and lie in the book. Thats why on our checkout (not here) we make it manatory and place a statement that states the buyer had read the advertisement prior to purchase. Because of those types of buyers, we can just show the invoice and the advertisement and then proof this buyer said they read the advertisement prior to purchase and they automatically loose. When a checkout asks a specific question and the buyer states yes, it doesnt matter if they did or didnt, the fact is they said they did. So you can use that and win every single time.
AtMemoryLane

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have sold vintage items that can be classified as excellent, very good, good, or even fair. I tend to include a copy of the description in the package if there are any "discrepancies". One of the best feedbacks I ever received was for a "fair" item that was described as such and priced as such. The buyer was so thrilled to receive a Victorian item that had been pictured in several reference books - they were absolutely beside themselves w glee.

All I was really trying to say is maybe just to cover your buns with an included description when packing might divert some of the criticisms. It is certainly worth the aggravation and pennies spent on ink and printer use.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On Amazon packing sheets, they include a description of the comments so if you mention that a books in in good shape but the dust jacket is torn in half, that will be on the packing slip and they can't dispute it.

Sometimes it isn't so much that a person doesn't read, but that they can't due to poor eyesight. We have gone through this with my husband as he has very poor vision (although the cornea replacement he got a month ago is doing well - YEAH!!!). He will think he has read everything, but later we found out he missed some fine print since he literally couldn't read it and that is with blowing up his pages to about 200% but that shoves important info off of the visible page and makes it easy to miss.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Tue Jul 14, 2015 12:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AtMemoryLane wrote:
I tend to include a copy of the description in the package if there are any "discrepancies".

Very wise idea MemoryLane!

I don't include it in the package, but I do send the buyer a link to the original listing and I take a screenshot of the description if there any debates and it shows the date at the bottom so the buyer can't come back and try to claim I changed the listing details after they complained or something.

I had a buyer claim that an item was missing from his package. It was an item that wasn't even included with what he ordered. He just made up a phantom item and said hey, that item was not in there. I was like, that item was not included, please reread the description because nowhere in the listing does it say the item you claim to be missing, was even included. Also, there are no photos of the item you claim was supposed to be included. The listing and photos clearly shows what you were supposed to get. I told him, maybe you got my listing mixed up with someone elses listing that did include that item and you placed my item in your cart by accident?

He never wrote back, never filed any complaints, but he did leave a negative which I had to have removed stating I did not include an item that was promised and when he contact me I refused to send it to him, the item I never even had to begin with. I make selling online sound bad, when in reality I'd say 97% of my customers are problem free and most of them are very polite. I have probably only really had like 9 bad customers over a 12 year period.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your just giving yourself extra work by putting other things in the box. These buyers arent that stupid. They know what the product contents are. So stop trying to rack your brains out trying to resolve an issue over some wacko. Because the second you attempt to resolve one issue like that, there's another wacko coming out of the wood works.

As long as its clearly stated in your description your covered. It doesnt matter what you include in the package, it all comes down legally to the point of sale. What was advertised at the time the transaction occurred, not before not after. The buyer made the decision at that specified date and time based on the information that was present at that date and time. Everything after the payment, is after the fact and holds no merit.

The same way as someone buys an item, your polices say confirmed address only, and they try to say ship it elsewhere. And the buyer trying to sneak comments on the sales order, thats not legal or binding because they are attempting to alter the agreement and assuming that you'll play along with it. Any of those people just refund them and get rid of them. You dont need nor want the headaches from those types of buyers.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 17, 2015 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

universalcomputers wrote:
Your just giving yourself extra work by putting other things in the box. These buyers arent that stupid. They know what the product contents are. So stop trying to rack your brains out trying to resolve an issue over some wacko. Because the second you attempt to resolve one issue like that, there's another wacko coming out of the wood works.

Not to be rude, but sometimes I wonder if you just skim thru instead of reading the full comments posted in these forums. Who said anything about putting extra items in a box or arguing with a buyer to reach a solution?

Cosmic stated he had not shipped yet and was probably going to cancel the order, his question about a worn out seal on a lego box not about contents.

My post was not about giving the buyer extra things to shut them up, I never said anything like so if you were referring to my post, then you misunderstood. My buyer bought an item that was just one solid item, not a set that was supposed to include multiple parts so when he stated an item was missing, when he only ordered that one single item, which was a figurine, he claimed he was also supposed to get a glass case for the figure, which was never mentioned or pictured at all so either he was trying to get a refund by claiming I promised it to him when I never said anything about a case at all, or he got my listing mixed up with someone else's listing that did in fact include a case. Maybe another seller here had the exact same figure and that seller was including a case with theirs so he automatically assumed I would have included a case too or he may have possibly meant to purchase the other seller's item and placed mine in his cart instead. I never agreed to fix anything for that buyer or give him any freebies because I didn't mess up on my end, he was just confused.

Sometimes it seems like you don't read the entire comments other people post before replying. Like earlier in another thread, we were all stating that it is against ecrater rules to put a listing description or title in non-English languages and your reply was (this is not an exact quote of what you said just a similar idea), why not just write a disclaimer in the description area in a non-English language to let the non-Enlish speaking buyers know they can use google translator to understand our English listings and at least 2 of us had just stated multiple times that it was against the rules.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sat Jul 18, 2015 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually we did say the same thing in above statement a few things down. Skim perhaps. Typos yeah because we type in the excess of 120 to 140 words a minute so typos do happen from time to time. If you read the posts afterwards, most recent we stated

"refund the money - you dont need the headache" and "refund the money you'll drive yourself nuts over some wacko - and just want you think you got things under control comes along another wacko doing something totally different"

Doesnt matter, the topic is about a buyer that tries to change the terms and conditions of a transction prior to the shipment, or buyers think they can pull a scam on other sellers by interjecting their own commentary without any approval.

So if there are any other sellers out there that have experienced the same problems, regardless of whether the seller shipped or didnt ship, it gives information on both sides, what to do prior to shipment and what to do after the shipment.

So matter, if other sellers come to read the post and have or have questions - both areas are covered. No harm. No offense taken.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well in cases like this, in case anyone else has a similar issue down the road, all you can do is send the buyer a photo of the item in question and honestly answer their questions, be a little bit too honest if you have to, if you think it may scare them away. And if they still make a purchase after responding even though their response still seemed iffy, then cancel the order. If they leave a neg because you cancelled the order amd maybe tried to recommend another seller that may have a flawless package on hand, then contact ecrater. They will understand that you were only trying to save yourself the headache of a frustrated buyer and were politely trying to point them in the direction of another seller whose outer packaging may have been better than yours.

I have turned buyers away because I could tell that flawlessness was their upmost concern, so when they ordered from me anyway after being told there was a slight flaw, even though the buyer said well if the flaw is just as it looks in the photo then that's okay, I cancelled the order because our previous conversations made me feel as if that tiny flaw would have been okay when discussed thru email but when the order arrived they would have changed their mind. So, nothing wrong with turning away a potential problem.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

We dont really see how "sending a photo" really helps. Its something that auction companies are adopting to provide false proof. The same thing with PayPal.

The fact of the matter is how do you know that thats the item you shipped and the buyer received. All you know is that they could of gotten the picture online, or it was their item that was broke, and then they bought you item and took a picture of the broken one to make a false claim.

There is no proof whatsoever and leads to false conclusions. Any buyer that files a dispute already tells you that they dont want to work things out with you, had no intensions of doing so, and wants a third party to get involved. At that point you stop talking to the buyer and direct your evidence towards the meditor. Talking to a buyer during a dispute, only gives these buyers more excuses to use to justify or lie about the claim.

We had some wacko, dispute the a mouse because it didnt come with a receiver. It was a 2 line advertisement and it said clearly it wasnt included. The second we said that, he changed his story and came up with another excuse, then we proved he lied, came up with another excuse, then we threw the signed terms and conditions in his face, then went back to the original excuse. Then concluded that the item didnt work. Then we said enough was enough. It was clearly this buyer was a scam artist and making up lie after lie. So we said well if you concluded the item was broken, that meant you needed a receiver to prove the item was broken, hense your nailed for fraud. So whatever he was making up we through back in his face in the dispute as a lie.

You talk about being honest, things would of been alot easier if that buyer simply asked politely through the many ways of emailing us. But he knew the item didnt come with the receiver, he filed the dispute for the simple reason that he had to go out and buy one and falsifed a dispute. All this over a $19 item.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it was a two line description, perhaps it could be beefed up a bit.
universalcomputers

PostPosted: Wed Jul 22, 2015 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The bottom line regardless, is the legal means is that the buyer can file a dispute for whatever reason they want to - real or make believe. Its the seller that has to refute the buyer's claims to get their money back.

Its all going to come down to how the product's advertisement is worded and what a normal buyer (other then this buyer) preceives that advertisement. If there was a link to the actual advertisement, we can give you a better understanding.

It falls with in reason code 53 or 4853

Reason Code 53 Covers :

Inadequate for the purpose for which it was sold.
Not what was described. The description here could be the transaction receipt, the product description on the seller’s website, or a verbal description given over the phone.

Its all going to come to the product's description and if such description was properly and correctly forfilled by the seller. If it was then they dont have a case.

If she does return the item, regardless of the policies and the seller has physical possession of the item, then the seller has to refund the funds. If it was a PayPal transaction, PayPal will make the final decision and act accordingly.

If it was a Stripe chargeback, then its gets complicated there. The buyer can refute the dispute over and over again and force it into prearb, where the buyer's credit card company can force it to Arbitrtation, where in your user agreement its a non refundable $500 to the seller to send it directly to Visa & Mastercard, so sellers drop the case telling the buyer to return the item for a full refund.

Then there's the other tractic that buyers can use and we're not going to mention it, but it comes along the lines of the buyer keeping the product and getting their money back until the seller takes specific actions.

Thats why accepting credit cards directly on marketplace sites is dangerous and at least PayPal has a layer of protection and calls it more down the lines.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: