eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

WINTER IS HERE
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2020 8:43 pm    Post subject: WINTER IS HERE Reply with quote

Come midnight, we can officially blame USPS slow freight on winter. Five days to Christmas, I love it.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The thing I am happiest about is that the days are getting longer now! I hate taking a nap and waking up when it is pitch black out and I have no idea what time it is! I personally am looking forward to spring and summer. Very Happy
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2020 12:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh yes, I love spring, now summer when the humidity is 100% I don't know.

But, about naps, I too, love naps - naps are good. Although, not more than 45 minute nap for me.

Sorry to hear your son's bad weather issues and lost revenue, especially in these troubling times. It's just bad deal all around, covid business, the changing weather patterns, all this political stuff - All of it causing serious unrest.

THIS COMING YEAR WILL BE BETTER

Or, at least I hope and pray for a simpler year to come.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today was 3 seconds longer than yesterday. luvin it !!!
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A-Better-Way wrote:
Today was 3 seconds longer than yesterday. luvin it !!!

That is interesting, each day is now getting longer, earth's rotation is slowing down. Maybe that is why: Time keeps on slipping... slipping... into the future. Does that mean every million years the day becomes (my math may be off) 1 second longer? Or does the rotation slow exponentially?

I wonder if Saturn and Jupiter has anything to do with the cosmic mind set of the world, which we live in these days?

I have also wonder, if we were traveling in a rocket, crossing unknown universes, at the speed of light and someone on purpose, turned on the head lights, what do you think might happen?

THREE DAYS TO CHRISTMAS

I can hardly contain my excitement. My granddaughter (she is 12) is so worried about, what is in that big box with her name on it?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Dec 22, 2020 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ended up realizing I could either wrap presents or packaged them to send, so I ship them. Told them I was sorry and just to put the mailing packages under the tree. I was thinking Rosie might be curious about why a bread pan is in her box instead of my SIL, but I ran out of room. However, the Christmas card they sent which was updating all of us on the little one started out saying her favorite things to do it COOK! She is 26 months old and her favorite thing is cooking. A girl after my own heart. In elementary and Junior high, one of my favorite books was a 1950 Betty Crocker's Cookbook. Printed 5 years before I was born! I begged my mom to give it to me when I was older and she did and when they printed a facsimile copy, so I gave it to her.

Christmas is going to be a bit blah here. But I got lots of presents this week. Things that I have to use and review, but it is my kind of things, machine embroidery thread (between two different sets, 124 spools!!!!) Very Happy Where is an emoji of someone doing cartwheels? And lots of other fun things, including a set of towels.

I am looking forward to Christmas, but I got behind in the present department for hubby and my younger son.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just buy three presents for Christmas, these day, 2 grandsons, and one granddaughter. The rest of them can buy me something, if they want too.

Oh, my daughter, I take care of her car, oil changes and the such, and my son, well, he needs to get over here and do some fence work. Before I pluck some of his tail feathers.

I love em all. Far to much.

CHRISTMAS TWO DAYS AWAY
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My younger son is my precious son that I used to despair about and thought I would be taking care of until the day I died. However, as he grew and worked at his problems he became a competent young man. Not only has he kept me in groceries for most of this year, as his second job he has been buying and delivering groceries to people in the area all year long. So for me to not have a decent gift for him is a bummer. He should be considered one of the heroes as should all those that work with the grocery delivery services. He does it on top of working a full-time job.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"earth's rotation is slowing down" NOT !!!

If it slowed down we would have longer than 24 hours in a day. Then we would all float out to space. and do sales from all our stuff floating around.

Be more like volley ball to sent it LoLzzz
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 23, 2020 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank God the earth is not slowing down, I like a fast earth better.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All in all (so far) this winter has been pretty good (for me). Couple months, give or take few days - spring will be here. The bucks will be in rut. Oh, what it was to be young buck? Long gone those days.

What a wonderful year 2021 is shaping up to be. Salads, BLT's, hot soups, bacon and eggs, maybe sauerkraut and smoked sausage one day soon. The time to plant is closer than you might think.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2021 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By this point in winter I am usually out of fingers to count all the snowstorms we had. A few years back we had 20 feet of snow. Months later someone decided that number was wrong and said it was only 16 feet! LOL!!!

This past week we had our third significant snowstorm. Of course, precisely around the time we had to move MILs stuff that she wasn't taking and giving to us. She had left to live with her other son. But we ended up with a bunch of stuff including most importantly a dryer. Anyhow I agree that spring should be here soon. Lake Erie last I looked about 3 days ago hasn't even really begun to freeze up and over. Which means Lake Effect snow is just worse in our neck of the woods.

I saw three deer the other day in my MIL back yard. Those are lucky deer. The very long country block has homes that back up to woods or each other, no city water/sewers/gas and some of us our woods back up into one of the reservoirs', so that means there can be no construction, and the smart deer will congregate in our back yards and woods where there can be no shooting, so they are safe. To build on this land means that they have to own 10 acres and all the acreage was sold a long time ago. We won't wake up someday to the surprise of someone putting in condos next to us!
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Today the storms are are rolling in, thunder, lighting, rain, hail, and talk of tornados, I love it all. They are expected to be gone tomorrow. However, it is that time of year.

So far the generator has not kicked in. That's good thing. My generator is connected to my gas meter, that rascal burns about $6.00 in gas daily, its oil has to be changed every 48 hours of use. It only powers 1 refrigerator, 4-60watt bulbs, 1 computer, 1 TV, 1 meat freezer, 1 washing machine, 1 dish washer no hair dryer, cloths dryer can be run; but only if central heat and air has been shut off. Micro wave is touch and go, better not use it. Follow these rules or go reset the breakers yourself.

Them deer were lucky, they weren't in my back yard, or one of them would be in the smoke house right now!

No condos, I hate condos.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last week in our local free newspaper they showed the hunters and their trophies (one of those home town paper's Very Happy ) . I looked at it to see if anyone I knew was on the page and boy did I. A woman that I know, 92 years-old, got a 10 point deer from her back porch. A deer had caught itself in a chuckhole and with consultation of the game warden people and her son she killed it. Sad thing for a deer, but even with the deer being stuck, how many 92 year-old women have gotten a deer that way? Laughing
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Tue Jan 26, 2021 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

A fantastic deer hunting story, I love it, never heard one quite like that before. Although, I have heard some really good fishing stories. Laughing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: