eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Newbie!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 4:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you need to put realistic prices on your items and verify that your shipping is adequate. I'm not sure what you mean by prize from Japan. Did you or someone else win it?

Maybe I'm missing something but if those toys are worth $30 to $35 I don't see it. If they have some unique feature you should describe it in your description. To calculate a good price you need to consider what you paid for the item, the cost of the packing materials....box or padded envelope, and actual postage to send. You can't do this off the top of your head. You need to weigh the item in the packing material. Don't guess. If you do you will lose money or else charge so much no one will buy your item.

Take advantage of all the freebies eCRATER offers you. 100 characters in your titles, unlimited space for your description, 10 photos per listing, shipping tools etc.

Are your toys licensed products? If so are you permitted to sell them?

Good luck.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mekomonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat,

Yes, I agree that those toys are expensive, but they are considered cheap. So they are realistic prices. You can look them up yourself. I have listed them cheaper than they usally are. They are still cheaper than the cards that I was selling earlier. I had an Item that was 500 dollar, but that was sold. You are right I should put more description on the items, but I was just making the description simple base on my regular customers from ebay. They have been sending me message about buying them, but they're not too keen about ecrater since they don't know much about the site. So I have just been selling them outside of ecrater. That is not something that I usually like to do, but if I get more of my regular customers from ebay messaging me through facebook then I might just start selling from facebook. That might be my most cost effective route. Thanks for the feedback. I am just testing this site out for now. I might give it a few more days or until all my items are sold. I'm more used to listing them on ebay and having the items getting sold the next day. I also understand that everything is up to me to advertise my shop, so well see how everything goes this week. Again, I might ended up selling on facebook. I do have a positive, all of my collector cards are sold and a few of my stuff toys were sold, but all the transaction was outside of ecrator.
2tip3py1

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They're not cheap, they are inexpensive, marked at the best basement bargain prices.
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 8:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@mekomonkey- In 3 years of being on eCrater, I have yet to have any of my eBay customers come over and purchase from my eCrater store. I have mostly transitioned over to eCrater and no more of my listings will appear on eBay,so I too will have to just wait and see what happens now...
mekomonkey

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat,

I was reading my post and it seemed kind of rude. I didn't mean it to be rude, but to answer your questions the stuff toys are collectables so they are really expensive, and just like 2tip3py1 stated, I just sell them at a lower price then what it usually is. I used to have a store, but I had to close it down because of covid. I had my family maintain it while I was in Sacramento. I stuck to ebay because that was easy to sell there. And you made a lot of great points about taking advantage of the descriptions space that is provided.

Hi MrsDsHandKnits,

I have a real good relationship with my ebay customers, so they always message me when buying cards or stuff toys. When they all bought things from me, I sent out my eCrater site for them to all check out. When May 3rd came around, they told me that they prefer me to stick to email. I ended up doing a facebook community page and they all said that they prefer to support me through there. You made a great point, Ebay customers might not be used to eCrater because its not a big name. I was hoping to help promote eCrater, so that it can help support the eCrater community, but since they perfer for me to stick with the new facebook community then I might end up just closing down the ecrater that I created and maybe support the eCrater community. Everyone is really helpful with all the feedback which is really awesome. If I do comeback then, I willl for sure will try to support the eCrater community.

Again everyone gave such great feedback. Keep up the awesome support everyone!!

Great news is I sold all my products, but the bad news is I didn't sell it through eCrater. It was through facebook. I don't like breaking the rules, so I decided to transition to my facebook community. It's only about 700 people, but hopefully it will grow. Good Luck Everyone!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed May 05, 2021 5:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't like breaking the rules,

Not sure which rules you mean, but as far as I know, there is no restrictions about you selling elsewhere and at eCRATER at the same time. I know that several of us do.

That is good that you have sold out of all your products, but don't think of it as a realistic sample of what eCRATER can do for you. You need more than a small handful of customers to support a store long term. You never spent the time to do what we have suggested with titles, photos, etc. I advertised my store here at eBay and Amazon while I transitioned to here and as far as I know I didn't pick up too many 'regulars' during that time but I am around 5500 in sales if you subtract some sales that get counted but never go through.

One of the reasons that I try hard to help newbies here is that those who come and throw some stuff online, and then hope for the best and go elsewhere as they figure all they have to do is download their eBay listings to here and they never even check to see how they look or read. So if someone buys from them, the seller maybe doesn't check, the buyer has to get their money back and then think that all eCRATER sellers are bad ones when in truth we aren't. When I have had folks ask me where the pattern is that they bought from me, I research it and then tell them that they didn't buy it from me (They think I sold it to them because I have a copy) but if they had they would have had it in a few days, not have to write and wonder who shafted them. I know that isn't what you were doing, but if you decide to sell something that you don't mind waiting for it to sell, we are here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: