eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

The account is not suspended but product is still not found
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
I have been listing several sewing patterns over the last few days so I checked to see if they were showing on the Marketplace as they always showed up. They are all there in the order that I listed them.

@DOYOUREADME - I am not sure why you don't see your books. I think you might not have given them enough time to synchronize on to Marketplace. When I look at page 1 of All Categories > Books & Magazines > Books > Fiction & Literature > Romance and designate it show 80 listings, 40 of those listing are showing your books.
Did you not see 40 there before?

I do see my books and all of them are old listings with the exception of 6 newer items out of more than 50 I listed. Those 6 showed up within the 24 hour time frame, and none of he rest have shown up there at all.
Do you see Mary Stewart, Phyllis Whitney, or Elsie Lee books on that same page amongst those top 4 Gothic Romances? Nope, and neither can I, nor any potential customer, because they are not there. Every oher book in my inventory is there, and has always been there on the Romance Books Page so why the change? That's why this is a new anomaly in my listing observations.

Out of 208 items currently in my store, the most recent listings involve roughly 50 new listings of which only a portion are indexed into marketplace. There has never been a delay in items showing up together on those pages when they are listed on the same day.
There has never been an instance when they fail to show up at all in Marketplace drop down category.

No matter the many ways you decide to tell me I am not waiting long enough, or I am mistaken, this is not normal behaviour. Yesterday, in my other store, I added about 10 items in one category, and this morning all items showed up in that category. So this must have something to do with this store alone, and may very well be an issue with a few other folks' stores.

I will send in a ticket to staff today, now that I have clearly determined that it is specific to this 1 store. That, in itself, is somewhat of a relief.

Enjoy your day, y'all. This appears to be good news in the grand scheme of things.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let us know what they say Doyouread. I can find those titles by doing a title or author search so they are there somewhere. I do not know why they are not showing on the big page of the Marketplace. I was only guessing and trying to help. It is probably very frustrating.

For my situation, people are mostly looking for some specific pattern so I don't really look at their placement on the marketplace.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Let us know what they say Doyouread. I can find those titles by doing a title or author search so they are there somewhere. I do not know why they are not showing on the big page of the Marketplace. I was only guessing and trying to help. It is probably very frustrating.

For my situation, people are mostly looking for some specific pattern so I don't really look at their placement on the marketplace.

I understand, and thanks for trying to help. I really wanted to bring attention to this, because as old-timers here, we sometimes put blinders on when discussing how the site operates. If a newbie expresses something that we attribute to their being new, but ignore what they are actually experiencing, they are not being helped.
A vibrant and complete Marketplace behooves us all. The more gee-gaws to look at within the catalogs, is the gateway to keeping eyes on the site, IMHO.

One reason I like to review the actual MP view after listing, is that I might want to change keyword positions in the title, or might realize I placed something in the wrong category, or even listed with the wrong photo. I check how my ads appear on both the desktop and mobile sites.
To find that they are not even showing up in MP as they always had is definitely a frustration.

I submitted my query, and will update y'all with anything I learn. Cool
MrsDsHandKnits

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

@lastade-designs - Thank you for your suggestion. It looks rather complicated so I shall give it further attention at some point when I can spend the time to orient myself with the how-to aspect.
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2021 11:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, well, well....I managed to find all the other "new" listings on page 15 of the 80 page view for Romantic books. Way back beyond some of my older inventory. Currently in correspondence with staff. The plot thickens. Surprised
DoYouReadMe

PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2021 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, there are ranking related placements upon listing, and no further comment will be made available pertaining what determines those rankings.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: