eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Over charged on bill

View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Wed Jan 05, 2022 10:42 am    Post subject: Over charged on bill Reply with quote

Ecrater over charged $31, then made adjustment but no refund. They said they don't do refunds and will add it to future invoices.

I find this extremely unacceptable. You can't just keep people's money on a mistake you made.

I honestly wouldn't care much except sales are so slow it would take a year to use up that credit...or what if I never sell anything for months like has happened before?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Never had that problem nor heard of anyone else having it. My ecrater bills are rarely more than a dollar. Good luck.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never had that happen to me.

What kind of charge was it for?
Was it an over charge on the advertising rate? I am asking because maybe other sellers may want to check their bill in case it is a glitch and might have happened to more than one person.

I am not sure why they can't issue a refund. What do you have your advertising level set at? If they have only offered a credit you may want to set it at the highest level of 12.9. It will give your items more exposure and when you sell something it use up the credit faster. I know this is not an ideal solution when they should just issue a refund but it is the only thing I can think of. I have mine set at the 12.9 and I think it helps with sales.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 6:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we are only hearing part of one side of the issue rather than the whole story. I've never heard of any problem like this with eCRATER from any other seller. It would really help the community if we were told the reason for the over charge.

The reason may be something you would rather keep private, but you've posted in a public forum, the "HELP" forum, which is available for the search engines and non-eCrater sellers. I think you owe it to the eCrater team and the rest of the eCrater community to explain.

It looks like you had a hard time in December. If the feedback is incorrect, you might want to contest the feedback with the eCRATER team giving full details of what took place & what you've done to resolve the issue. At least you might want to add a comment to your feedback to explain.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I brought it public because they're refuse to refund my money.
I already opened a PayPal dispute because ecrater said they dont refund over payment they put it as statement credits.

Edited out the feedback thing. I'm misread something. At any rate I don't know how else to explain it. I won't share emails but if it is resolved I'll gladly update

I will say -31.60 shows as a cost adjustment. Its not an actual charge its shows -31.60 adjustment. My last bill does not add up to the 50..it adds up to 18.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

nuclearnostalgia, I wasn't making any accusation and I'm sorry you took my post in that manner. I noted your December feedback and wanted to make sure you knew you could request an adjustment to the feedback if it was inaccurate. I also want to make sure you knew you could add a comment to the feedback.

Since you were upset that eCrater has your money and wouldn't do a refund, I was wondering how they got your money. Lastade had wondered if it was a glitch that meant we should all check our balances. The only way I could think of where eCrater would have a seller's money would be if the seller made a mistake and overpaid their bill.

Again, I'm sorry you thought I was making an accusation, that was certainly not my intent. I apologize for my poor use of words and hope you will accept my apology.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Thu Jan 06, 2022 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
nuclearnostalgia, I wasn't making any accusation and I'm sorry you took my post in that manner. I noted your December feedback and wanted to make sure you knew you could request an adjustment to the feedback if it was inaccurate. I also want to make sure you knew you could add a comment to the feedback.

Since you were upset that eCrater has your money and wouldn't do a refund, I was wondering how they got your money. Lastade had wondered if it was a glitch that meant we should all check our balances. The only way I could think of where eCrater would have a seller's money would be if the seller made a mistake and overpaid their bill.

Again, I'm sorry you thought I was making an accusation, that was certainly not my intent. I apologize for my poor use of words and hope you will accept my apology.

Actually I apologize. I already edited that little rant out because I realized you didn't mean that I was causing trouble because of the feedback..you were actually trying to help.

As for the over charge..its confusing to be honest. Obviously there's some lack of facts with it. I'm thinking the system charged me for an invoice not yet generated..in which case the customer service agent really added to the confusion by calling it an overpayment and the billing section shows ot as an adjustment

In the end..I dont mind paying what I owe but clearly something is amiss here
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am curious as well how you could have overpaid so much. With my MP fees, I always double checked mine prior to paying to be sure my records and theirs agreed. Once I was satisfied that my bill was correct, THEN I paid the bill. Same thing one should do before paying a utility or credit card bill. I still remember when I got married and after the first couple months of 'shakedown' with our finances, i noticed a recurring bill for around $40/month. Asked hubby and he had thought he had canceled that subscription a good year or more before. That was a lot of money he had been throwing away until I caught it.

I have also never heard of this kind of problem and along with the others, have been here for years, so this seems a new issue.
nuclearnostalgia

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It turned out to be a threshold charge, they put two bills together. The problem is they don't show the invoice for the other month and just put it as an adjustment which is very confusing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: