eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Very new. need help making first item page

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Butterflyhaven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 11:54 am    Post subject: Very new. need help making first item page Reply with quote

I'm very new and am having trouble making an item page. Thing is I can't find what I need to click on to open up an area to make the page. Am I missing something? I know I'm old but I didn't think I was stupid that I can't find an item description page. Help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've logged into your store look to the left and click on Products. This will open a page called Manage Products. Look for a button on the lower left of the page that says Add New Products and click on the button. This will open a page called Add Product. This page is where you will add a new product. The first box is Name (item product title). This can be a combination of 100 characters. Since the eCrater search, both in your store and the marketplace, is a title search only this field is really important.

You will need to complete each field that has an asterisk (*) at a minimum. You can add one photo on this page. Once you've completed all the required items and clicked the Add button, you'll still be on this page where you can make changes, add additional information, and you'll see additional buttons at the top of the page. Clicking on Photos will allow you to add a total of 10 photos.

A couple of tips, be sure to add both the Global Category AND the Global Sub Category. These are the marketplace categories and are quite important in addition to your store's local category. When you add the weight this should be the packed weight of your item. If you want to add the pound and ounces, you will need to enter your weight in a decimal format. For example, 1 lb 8 oz should be entered 1.5. There is a chart available in the FAQ section of the forum if you need it.

Never let your age hold you back! Quite a few of us who are active on the forum are Baby Boomer, self included. Welcome to eCrater and let us know if you have additional questions.
Butterflyhaven

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much. This is extremely helpful.

Baby Boomers are smart, just some of us are not quite the computer kinda smart, but I'm getting there.

Thanks for the support, stay safe and glad I'm here
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Baby Boomers are smart, just some of us are not quite the computer kinda smart, but I'm getting there.

No one can fall back on the I'm old excuse here because a LOT of us are OLD! Many of us are retired, etc. Once you get used to things you will feel better.
Butterflyhaven

PostPosted: Thu Apr 07, 2022 3:36 pm    Post subject: thank you very much Reply with quote

I've post a couple of pieces I've completed. Wished I could do more but my part-time job turned full-time for now. I love this work. Thanks for the encouraging words. Will keep going.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 4:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not a quilter. What is a pineapple topper?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2022 7:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, check this page for the pineapple quilt

[url]https://www.missouriquiltco.com/products/pineapple-quilt-pattern-by-missouri-star?variant=39280766418979&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIw-PKm9OE9wIVgZ6zCh2V8QuIEAQYASABEgLAOfD_BwE

[/url]
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: