eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

A listing led back to ecrater!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 6:17 pm    Post subject: A listing led back to ecrater! Reply with quote

I know there are mixed results for people listing items elsewhere but wanted to share this one with you. I posted listings to kijiji here in Canada but there is a U.S. site too. It's a free advertisement site. We live in the country so I chose the major city 20 minutes from our home to list under.

I didn't list everything. I combined a few items into one listing from each of my ecrater store categories. In every listing I directed people back to the ecrater store to see the larger selection. I've had hundreds of 'unique' hits in the last 18 hours and one actual inquiry.

The person chose a scented wax animal that I did not show on kijiji so it was clearly found on ecrater! Of course I replied to the inquiry so now we'll just wait and see how serious the person is. Still...it's quite exciting to know my ecrater store is attractive and professional enough that it prompted the kijiji inquiry!

Canadian website: www.kijiji.ca
American website: www.kijiji.com

Oh...should mention...kijiji is part of ebay somehow but kijiji is absolutely free. Amazing kind of isn't it? haha

Best Wishes Everyone and welcome to the weekend!
Vickie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you put an actual link on kijiji? I have used it for a long time for big stuff I want to get rid of but have not tried to refer people to my store. I've had better luck selling stuff on Craig's List--partially owned by ebay but also free. There is also FreeUSA and FreeCanada which are also divided by city.
LynnaVicOriginals

PostPosted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:21 pm    Post subject: No, there are some drawbacks Reply with quote

You can't post the link which is kind of inconvenient for people but if they're interested enough they'll write it down I guess. The other drawback is your listing stays on the first page only as long as it takes a bunch of other people to list after you so you have to keep relisting to stay at the front although I must say that didn't stop me when I was looking for stuff! haha I accidentally discovered I could search LynnaVic Originals and only get my listings...all except 1 for some reason.

I looked at FreeCanada and have been mulling that one over too. Thanks for bringing it back to mind. Things get lost in there sometimes! haha Did you have any luck on these other types of sites? I'm thinking word of mouth might still be the better route once enough people start to know who we are and what we're doing.

Take Care Vickie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just listed on FreeUSA/Canada last week and screwed up the listing so it is not going to bring me much satisfaction. Ran out of time so have not corrected it.

Craig's List has been the most productive for me but I only list things on it that would require a mover to shift.
thisthatnmorestore

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:42 am    Post subject: grrrrrr.... Reply with quote

I have been tryin to reply to an OLD message from thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat....they don't send!!! says no such user/member. I have tried going directly through your profile as well. Apparently when I go to message you some of your ID deletes. I try to tack it back on but seems I can't!! It's at it's limit! LMAO help????

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:27 am    Post subject: Re: grrrrrr.... Reply with quote

thisthatnmorestore wrote:
I have been tryin to reply to an OLD message from thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat....they don't send!!! says no such user/member. I have tried going directly through your profile as well. Apparently when I go to message you some of your ID deletes. I try to tack it back on but seems I can't!! It's at it's limit! LMAO help????

I'm here. I was changing my email address earlier and made a typo. It's fixed now.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Re: grrrrrr.... Reply with quote

thisthatnmorestore wrote:
I have been tryin to reply to an OLD message from thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat....they don't send!!!

If you're on Firefox that's the issue. Firefox is great but for some reason it doesn't handle those long usernames well...
gurlz

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is kijiji owned by ebay?

Thought I read that somewhere... like they were trying to compete with craigslist.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

gurlz wrote:
Is kijiji owned by ebay?

Yep.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: