eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Dr. Phil's Show And The Sex Scandal!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uniquetreasures

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:27 pm    Post subject: Dr. Phil's Show And The Sex Scandal!! Reply with quote

Did any of you see Dr Phil's show last night (Friday Nov. 2) with the school teacher and the boy that claims they had sex a few years ago? I was really puzzled as who is telling the truth. She denies it and he swears it happened.

The young man had a lie detector test done that morning and he failed it, but he still says he's telling the truth. I've heard those tests' aren't a hundred percent accurate, but mostly they are. Most of the audience thought he was lying to.

Why in the world would someone fasely accuse someone of that kind of conduct if it didn't happen? What is he getting out of it or will get out of it? If it's ever proved he's lying, what will happen to him? He's so young and has his whole life ahead of him.

My heart goes out to the school teacher if this didn't happen. She must be living in hell. And the same for the young man. If it did happen, and no one believes him, then he is hurting to. I wonder how this all will end.

What do you think if you saw the show?

http://uniquetreasures.ecrater.com
kimskorner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ugh! Don't know who would be lying and don't care, sorry!

I really don't like those real life confession...Ricki Lake, Montel, Jerry Springer etc etc shows.

I think people should get professional help when needed but geesh...keep your issues off of national tv.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She wasn't found guilty. The court dismissed the case when one of the boys recanted.

This took me back to my high school years in the late 50s. I was in a small town in PA and we had two female teachers both in their 40s and two male teachers in their 20s that the students loved to talk about. The boys had all sorts of fantasies about the 2 women, imagining they were having affairs with this or that man. I never heard one make a statement that they had an affair with the women. That's not to say they didn't when the girls were not there.

However the two male teachers were single and one taught driver ed. Lots of the girls claimed the driver ed teacher took them to a back lane and parked. I know from personal experience that he flirted non-stop. A couple of the girls claimed to date the other teacher who was a coach.

I think it is very likely that the Dr. PHil situation began as teenage boys bragging and when someone reported it they felt they had to stick to their story or lose face with their peers. It has been proven by the highest eschelons of government that if you tell the same lie often enough people will believe it. Eventually even the government believed their own lies. Why should 16 year olds be any different?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a situation like this at my school. One of my students told me and two other students that 'Coach A cusses us out all the time!'

Now, I am in that class and so are both the boys. We KNOW that he has never cussed them out...the worst I have ever heard from him is 'get your butt in that chair'. But the girl wanted to argue with us that he does indeed cuss them out.

I explained to the girl that we would all testify that she was lying, and that trying to ruin his reputation would be a horrible thing to do.

The boys just threatened to wear her butt out if she lied again. but it goes to show that there are seriously disturbed students out there who will do anything for attention-and then get themselves into a corner they can't get out of without admitting they lied.
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm certainly not saying that it never happens...I'm just saying don't be too quick to condemn, without knowing all the facts. You could ruin several lives. I know of one man for sure, who was falsely accused, arrested in front of his family...then when all the other students said the threat to the kid never happened, the kid finally admitted that he just wanted to get rid of that teacher because his tests were too hard. He was afraid he'd fail and lose his football eligibility!
kimskorner

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's exactly the problem....in our efforts to "save" the children, now once an accusation is made it genuinely ruins the life of the one accused.

We all have to remember the "innocent until proven guilty" and make every attempt to verify before we condemn.

This applies to the law enforcement, the courts, the communities etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In my lifetime--and it is far from over, we have gone from paying no attention to children (remember the adage children should be seen and not heard) to taking whatever they say as gospel truth. An innocent child cannot lie.

What we overlook is that by the time a child even starts first grade, unless they live some place cut off from the rest of the world, they have been exposed to to all kinds of deceits, crimes and misdemeanors via the media, even if they have a great home. By the time they reach adolescence, right-wrong has been reduced to how do I get what I want and avoid what I don't want. If ruining an innocent person's life is en route or just an amusement, so what. It's good preparation for the corporate/political world of adulthood.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 4:44 pm    Post subject: More Taken Back Reply with quote

I am more alarmed that the Nebraska teacher and student were able to get out of the US into Mexico. Doesn't say much for our border patrol when they know what they were driving!

Mary

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:02 pm    Post subject: Re: More Taken Back Reply with quote

cuteasabug wrote:
I am more alarmed that the Nebraska teacher and student were able to get out of the US into Mexico. Doesn't say much for our border patrol when they know what they were driving!

Mary

Have you crossed a border recently? If you are flying they make your life miserable but if you drive, ride or walk across it is a piece of cake--as long as you are white, clean-shaven and don't have an ethnic last name.

As for the Dr. PHil show, to my mind he's just about half a rung above Jerry Springer. I used to really appreciate him when he was on Oprah but everybody she promotes seems to fall under the control of networks and become all about ratings when they get their own shows.
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 5:17 pm    Post subject: Think What is Will Be Like When... Reply with quote

When the NAFTA Super Highway is built (Texas corridor hidden now in RES 40) there will be no problems for anyone.

Want a dirty bomb? No problem!

Mary
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched that show. In these cases, I tend to always believe the kid first. However, after listening to both sides:

1. She took a lie detector test and passed it. She was advised by her attorneys not to take another one.

2. The case was dismissed when one of the boys recanted his story because she was able to prove she was in another town on the day and time he claimed the "sexual encounter" took place.

3. The questions the boy on the show answered on his lie detector test showed that he was way out of range on the questions that show "deception", which indicates that his answers were way deceptive, not just a little deceptive.

4. Her husband was in the audience and was way supportive of her, and was present and at home on the day the boy on the show claimed to have had sex with her in her house.

I would be interested to see what the third boy had to say, but everything I saw points to her being innocent so far.

I am wondering if it's a case where these three boys got together and cooked up something just to "mess" with this teacher.?
bargainsforU

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I saw that show and was a litte puzzled too.
ChisumTrailMercantile

PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that happened to a teacher here in Roswell, a young lady said the Coach touched her inappropriately, thing is she said it happened during a school basketball game - I think these kids know how to work the system which is unfortunate, because there are children out there that need the system that is in place - jmo - Dawn
vintagealley

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I helped capture a child predator..

Here is what happened. Years ago, my son and I were watching America's Most Wanted. They had a story about this guy who molested teen-age boys and I believe some of them lived with him...I believe run aways. The reason my son and I remembered this guy is that he looked like the ugliest, most disgusting woman that you would ever meet. I mean, he must have been around 400+ pounds with three chins and warts. He was short and I mean really, really ugly. I personally think the only way he probably got these young boys to go with him was to give them shelter/take them off the streets.

Anyway, a few months later, my son and I are at fast food place about 1 mile from home, just sat down to have lunch. My kid starts to go balistic, he yells "MOM!!! LOOK, THERE'S THAT PERVERT FROM THE SHOW!!!". He was way too loud. It was definitely the guy and he was sitting with two boys about 14 years old. He heard my son and saw me look at them and then just got up with those boys and walked out in a rush. They must have just sat down, they left all of the food mostly not eaten.

I ran out after them and all I saw was an old truck pulling away. I couldn't get the license plate. I was very upset with my son for yelling. I told him that it was great that he remembered and soaked up the info, but he has too be cool in situations like that.

About five years later, in the same area, different restaurant, my husband and I sat down for breakfast. About fifteen minutes later I see this same guy come in with three boys, again about the same age, early teens. I got goose bumps. I told my husband not to look. I told him who it was and that I was going to go out and look for that truck and call the police. I went outside, found the truck (amazingly it was the same old ugly truck) I called my local police department from my cell phone. Got a nice policeman on the phone. Told him the story about America's Most Wanted and what happened before. He took all of the info from me. He said to go back inside and stay mellow, they would handle it.

Needless to say, the entire time I could hardly eat. I kept waiting and waiting for the police. I decided to take a trip to the bathroom which was by the entrance just to see if they were there, couldn't see them.

Finally, when this guy and the boys got up to leave I again got up and pretended I was on my way to the bathroom. I watched and as soon as they got into the truck, I saw what looked like undercover police cars follow the truck.

Anyway, I called the officer back and left a message. He called me back a day later and told me that thanks to my eagle eye, I helped them nab one of the nastiest known predators, but that was all he would tell me.

Sorry this was so long, but I still get the shivers when I think about it. Every once in a while I think about this. I feel sorry for those kids. Things at home be so bad that they would turn to a monster like that?
FandSTreasureChest

PostPosted: Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

That was an awesome story and just wanted to say thank you for not giving up on sending this predator to prison.

Take Care,
Fred & Sharon
F and S Treasure Chest
www.FandSTreasureChest.eCrater.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: