eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google is doing right by me

View previous topic :: View next topic  
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 2:07 pm    Post subject: Google is doing right by me Reply with quote

When you Google hoodatstore you not only get my URL but they've picked up a couple of my items and I'm already getting extra looks on those. Not bad for a store that only opened a few days ago. The same two items come up on Yahoo search. I must have done something right on them.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
yellowrose

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:15 pm    Post subject: Google is doing right by me Reply with quote

Wow! Congratulations! That was quick! Sure glad you're here. Wishing you lots of sales.
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hooda,

my daughter and I were looking at your stuff yesterday. There were actually two shirts she wanted but they were the wrong size. You have some very cool stuff:)...but I am a vintage lover. lol

We were coming up on google the next day as well. I am still learning all the meta tag stuff..but slowly I will figure it out. lol
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenostalgicnugget wrote:
Hooda,

my daughter and I were looking at your stuff yesterday. There were actually two shirts she wanted but they were the wrong size. You have some very cool stuff:)...but I am a vintage lover. lol

We were coming up on google the next day as well. I am still learning all the meta tag stuff..but slowly I will figure it out. lol

My vintage tees are gathered here and there and everywhere and most of my new ones come from a middleman who travels around buying overruns from Tee makers. In neither case do I get much choice on sizes. If I had to buy from regular distributors my prices would have to be a lot higher.
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not a bad thing you didn't have the size. I could already tell by your store that you did not have *stock* of everything..that is what makes the tshirts neat. We already bought the trix tshirt at Target..she loved that one.

I was just telling you , that you had interested shoppers.

Hopefully at some point she will find the combo of cool shirt and the right size for her. She wear alot of vintage style ts and we welcome a new place to shop. Laughing
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thenostalgicnugget wrote:
It's not a bad thing you didn't have the size. I could already tell by your store that you did not have *stock* of everything..that is what makes the tshirts neat. We already bought the trix tshirt at Target..she loved that one.

I was just telling you , that you had interested shoppers.

Hopefully at some point she will find the combo of cool shirt and the right size for her. She wear alot of vintage style ts and we welcome a new place to shop. Laughing

I'm thankfull you care enough to look. Keep an eye on me. I'll be adding new ones every day for quite some time as I dig out the ones I have in storage.
thenostalgicnugget

PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She already planned on it. Wink

She loved the dessert one. She frequently bakes but has 3 little brothers who always want something different..she connected with that shirt..if you find in small or medium, you have a buyer! Very Happy
justforpetsandpeople

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoodastore, thanks for the tip. I just opened my store a few days ago also and I just googled it and it came up on the first page listing the things I sell. Last one on the page but at least it was there. Awesome. I hope I sell something soon as all my auctions close on ebay on the 17th. STRIKE TIME!!
hoodat-teeshirts-andmore

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good luck on the strike. If it makes an impresion it will catch the medias attention and maybe embarass eBay into changing at least the feedback policy.
I wouldn't be too quick to completely drop off Ebay though. Signatures with clickable links in your item shipped Emails and coupons or business cards in your eBay packages are too good as advertising to give up.
justforpetsandpeople

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 11:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. I didn't think of that. I just thought I would close my store but keep up the auctions. Not really sure. I'm on the I hate ebay kick. It would not have been that big a deal. We all get over price increases, but the feedback thing floored me.
wheezydog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:16 am    Post subject: Re: Google is doing right by me Reply with quote

hoodatstore wrote:
When you Google hoodatstore you not only get my URL but they've picked up a couple of my items and I'm already getting extra looks on those. Not bad for a store that only opened a few days ago. The same two items come up on Yahoo search. I must have done something right on them.

Hello, hoodatstore. I was checking the same thing for my store and yes things come up when I type wheezydog too. But heres something to think about. Sure I know a few people that might look for me that way but I would certainly never count on it. People will google things like Chicago Bulls shirt and thats when you want to see hoodatstore pop up in the top 10.
I was shown a neat web page here by another great helper to check my meta tags etc. and used this page http://www.seocentro.com/tools/search-engines/metatag-analyzer.html
and it appears you have not used the meta tags and keywords in building your store. I just checked it out.

I would suggest you go to this forum page here at eCrater
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14&highlight=keywords+meta
and read all about them. With just the right keywords you enter using your admin page will help people find you much better.

My two cents. Nice store! Get found! Good luck!
justforpetsandpeople

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much. I appreciate the advice especially since this is my first time out of ebay.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: