eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

had my first "declined" google payment

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:31 pm    Post subject: had my first "declined" google payment Reply with quote

Never got a "declined" before. HOWEVER.... the google payment came thru to my email like it was all just fine. I decided to look in my google account because it didn't show "paid" in ecrater orders.
& sure enough it only showed declined at google checkout acct.

So with any google or paypal payments.... go over & make sure it has been approved!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
shelliesboutique

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the tip!! so i guess in this case, you would cancel the order??
wheezydog

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very important tip there!
Go and make sure the payment is completed!

Thanks, I know just what you are talking about, however, I just made a decision that I might add to my terms that I ship to only confirmed addresses. I always did look for the address in my paypal payment details and for a note from the buyer and that is where I ship so I won't be sending out things that I thought were paid. I will check first.
I hope Google Checkout works the same way. Anyone know?
shelliesboutique

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wheezydog wrote:
A very important tip there!
Go and make sure the payment is completed!

Thanks, I know just what you are talking about, however, I just made a decision that I might add to my terms that I ship to only confirmed addresses. I always did look for the address in my paypal payment details and for a note from the buyer and that is where I ship so I won't be sending out things that I thought were paid. I will check first.
I hope Google Checkout works the same way. Anyone know?

i was selling a bit on ebay so i definitely have it that addresses on paypal have to be confirmed. it's just safer that way.
debmode

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do believe that you get more uncomfirmed here but that it normal and different from the bay. Maggie or big and tall where are you to explain this in a way that is more understandable. I know I read another thread that the process was more like a website and not feebay.
shelliesboutique

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

debmode wrote:
I do believe that you get more uncomfirmed here but that it normal and different from the bay. Maggie or big and tall where are you to explain this in a way that is more understandable. I know I read another thread that the process was more like a website and not feebay.

i believe either way, it's safer to have confirmed. paypal will not side with you if the buyer opens a dispute unless and the order was shipped to an unconfirmed address right?
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will lose 50% of your sales if you require confirmed addresses only. Google doesn't require a confirmed address and Paypal is losing the battle with confirmed addresses. You no longer have to be a member to pay with a credit card.

I'm sort of surprised you were notifed by Google that a credit card was declined. Since you don't know about a purchase via Google until the CC has been confirmed, anything else would be a non sale unless you had invoiced someone via Google.

Last poster had it right that because ecrater buyers do not have to sign up and are never members, there is no confirmation of addresses. It is no different than if you go to any online retailer and pay with a credit card. You fill in your information and if your CC company doesn't reject your card, you have bought the item.

I should add that problems tend to arise more with people who sell technology, very expensive, and "hot" items. Also if you sell counterfeit items and rip off a buyer well...you should lose out.

Truthfully I would rather rely on my CC standing behind me as a buyer than PP. I've never had a problem with either GC or PP so I can't speak from experience. The seller doesn't really have protection although I've heard Google has something where they guarantee payment if the CC turns out to be stolen or is declined. Maybe someone knows more about that. I just heard about that recently.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My $209 leather jacket got declined too yesterday Rolling Eyes

Since Google emails don't include the mailing address I am forced to log in there to see the order. and that's when I see it declined.
It happens!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
My $209 leather jacket got declined too yesterday Rolling Eyes

Since Google emails don't include the mailing address I am forced to log in there to see the order. and that's when I see it declined.
It happens!

Maybe that is what happened to a buyer who is trying to buy something from me. She said she kept getting on a loop with Google. The charge had not gone through and the first I heard of it was when she wrote asking where her item is. I invoiced her and it still is giving her the runaround and now she is on PP. Maybe it is bad credit and not the processor.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's one of the things I kind of like about GCO. You have to look at your account to get the shipping address and then you have to hit that "Shipped" button also. So it's the way they tell you other stuff too -- like if the payment was declined.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Yeah, that's one of the things I kind of like about GCO. You have to look at your account to get the shipping address and then you have to hit that "Shipped" button also. So it's the way they tell you other stuff too -- like if the payment was declined.

I rarely ever hit the Shipped button
My system is set up to automatically send an email in my shipping process so I don't usually hit the shipped button and send another email saying it was shipped.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I rarely ever hit the Shipped button
My system is set up to automatically send an email in my shipping process so I don't usually hit the shipped button and send another email saying it was shipped.

I think I was thinking that acknowledging shipment via that button might be one of the things Google wants and/or requires (with regards to disputes and such), but I'm not really sure.
scratchoffgames

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I'm sort of surprised you were notifed by Google that a credit card was declined. Since you don't know about a purchase via Google until the CC has been confirmed, anything else would be a non sale unless you had invoiced someone via Google.

I was NOT notified of the declined cc.... I got a google "you got paid" email from google but it didn't say it got declined. & it was from my ecrater checkout. Luckily I went to my ecrater orders & it did not have the "paid" checked & that's what made me go over to google & find it declined.
it was only $8something.... so I doubt it was someone with a stolen cc or anything. Oh well.... "life Online goes on" Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: