eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Getting very discouraged

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cottagehillnaturals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:04 am    Post subject: Getting very discouraged Reply with quote

I have still only had 1 sale here.
I am trying so hard to get the word out. on all my ebay sales i include a thank you note which also includes the ecrater address......i have it linked on my me page.......i have a website where its linked.......i have done google ad words......lots of hits......no sales.......i just received my business cards and am going to start handing those out everywhere i go.
any other ideas?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are tons of things you can do for promotion. I assume you've gone through this thread: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4

Flyer exchanges, sales, discount codes...

Are you showing up on the search engines?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just an thought you might add more to your titles.
Like the scent and 100% natural, homemade etc...
Very Happy
cottagehillnaturals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks i just added some words to the titles.
yes i did see that thread thanks! thats where some of my ideas came from.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 11:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might consider putting some terms on your tem page. Like what payments you accept, how you ship, how fast you ship, refund policy etc.

some FAQ's might help too.

How long you been here?

Assuming you have already submitted your URL everywhere - check the search engines - what page you on? can you find you without searching your store name? Maybe you need to re-submit the URL.

this thread is also helpful
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=1280
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your store looks nice. Some questions I had when viewing. Who are you? Have you been selling on line elsewhere? FAQ's can be used to tell the buyer about you, your product, payment, when and how you ship etcl. You say the soaps are homemade do you make them? I would think the holidays would be a big time for you. What about gift sets geared for kids, men or as a hostess gift.

Any new store takes time, we all just keep plugging. Good luck!
snowflakememories

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 4:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just trying to help, your store looks very nice, and a little anonymous, where is your company located, some buyers like to buy locally.
The contact section is quite cold.
Add some interest in the FAQ section, explain why you do not put any animal derivate in your soap, what 's wrong with it ? Is the same than being vegetarian or some other reason.
The above as a side dish, as a potential buyer (main dish) I would like to know about your presentation of the product, i.e. what kind of package you offer, when I see soap sold at the fairs, I'm more impressed by the nice rustic package they have than the soap itself. Do you have any special wrapping, box, bag, label that would attract a customer and make he/she feel good by choosing that soap as a gift for a dear one. Think about this especially for the Season's Gift time.

Another thing I noticed, you have a relatively low number of items, may be if you increase the item count, you may have a broader exposure, think of different sizes, sets, collections of multiple fragrances, etc.

..preaching to myself, I'm working on the same gift's idea for Christmas...
good luck and don't give up, never.
cottagehillnaturals

PostPosted: Fri Nov 10, 2006 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for all the great suggestions! I did a little tweaking, and am still working on it!
I have some new scents just about ready for the holidays so will be adding those soon!
ClothesAtHand

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The pictures on your homepage are stunning! The shadows across the soaps detract a little, but the fern leaf is a gorgeous backdrop.

Participating in message boards will build a good reporte with other sellers... like me, who didn't know your wonderful product existed until I saw you here!

Networking can be key!

Good luck to you!
BargainBarn

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006 10:13 pm    Post subject: Peppermint Soap? Reply with quote

cottagehillnaturals wrote:
I have some new scents just about ready for the holidays so will be adding those soon!

Hi, I'd buy some soap if you had Peppermint Oatmeal scented. Your prices are good and shipping is inline.
cottagehillnaturals

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the suggestions..........
I do have an oatmeal almost ready to be posted, and a peppermint in the works right now..........havent done an oatmeal peppermint combo......hmmmmmm!
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi i'm brand new on ecrater, my 3rd day actually, still having problems figuring some of it out, talk about hanging in , believing in it, i had a web store for almost 5 yrs before, and got lots of hits, but never one sale, its a tough business, but there are people making money, lots of money, if its not possible to succeed , there wouldn't be that many anymore, so keep on keeping on, i paid for a website, almost $100O.00, hosting fees, server fees , credit card processing set up, monthly credit card processing fees (even though i never sold one item, still $35.00 A month). Believe in yourself, and that you can succeed, i'm back trying again , for free, i'm not a quitter, just have to find the key. Don't let the store become a stress , its fun, have fun , Believe in you, i do, Sicerely, Tom (AAA-1-stop-shop) Very Happy
AAA-1-Stop-Shop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

i haven't even finished set up on my store and i'm getting hits, and one phone call, they are looking, someone will buy, lots of people will, your unknown right now, reputation is important, it takes times, we are all competeing with miilionsof other people, and corporations, in businesss for years, million dollar corps, it took time to get there ,. My favorite sayings are: if you wanna eat steak, first you have to kill the cow, thats the hard part . An angels kiss is never seen , only felt in the heart, (believing is your angels kiss, follow your heart, never be a quiitter , if you go down , go down , fighting for your place . Sincerely, Tom (aaa-1-stop-shop)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: