eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do any of you have your own website
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
faeriedreams

PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use to sell on my own website but now that I have my ecrater shops there is no reason to sell on my website too. My old shop page has links to my ecrater shops. Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
banknote

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 2:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
banknote wrote:
Personally, I will only buy in Bay and eCRATER and no other site.

You need one of these --
http://www.gaggiftsrus.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=254234

I like to read Chinese books. In fact, my English is not so good. Something has changed. Both Hong Kong and China are very safe, very beautiful and very strong now. More, I like open mouth and I don't like close mouth. Anyway, thanks a lot, as I like to SAVE THE WORLD very much.

I have also linked my ebay listing(s) to eCRATOR too.
theflagman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I'm going to sell on eCrater and sell additional items on my own site. I get hosting free (and ad-free) as a staff member of some forums that has it's own dedicated server, so I still keep 100% of what I make.
craftswagon

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 3:51 pm    Post subject: difference between ecrater and own site Reply with quote

I have limited knowledge on e-commerce. I guess the difference between ecrater and your own website is just like renting or buying a house. If you only need a venue to sell things, ecrater is good enough; but in your own sites, you can do whatever you like:joining affiliate program, goggle adense... am I right?

http://www.craftswagon.com
http://www.homedecor100.com
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Oct 28, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much, yes. With your own site you have more control over everything because it's yours to do with what you like. And, of course, it's a lot more work!
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 30, 2006 8:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have my own site and every items links to the corresponding e-Crater listing. No shopping cart needed. Very Happy
cuteasabug

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Own My Site Reply with quote

My site has the inventory, profit & loss and cart all in one place. This didn't come this way, but I found a company that builds mods to suit what you want the store to do through an individual at www.powersellersunite.com.

If you are a drop shipper I would think there is not a need for any of the above, but I was nearly crazy with trying to keep up inventory on an Excel spreadsheet as well as the P&L.

After 8 months of struggling with ProStores and the servers up and down I went cold turkey off Ebay and P/Stores and finally went live on 8/25.

I'm not using Adsense, but have a VERY small budget on Adwords that I am still fine tuning.

It is good to finally have some time to get back here and start listing here again as well.

Mary
www.cuteasabug.biz
www.cuteasabug.ecrater.com
patriciasart

PostPosted: Tue Oct 31, 2006 8:43 pm    Post subject: I had a website,patriciasartgallery.com Reply with quote

I use my web site as a doorway to my ecrater site and my etsy store,I also just started to sell on ebay and I have books for sale on Amazon. All items relating to art ,jewelry and handcrafted items.

www.patriciasartgallery.com

I haven't had a sale on ecrater yet.I've been open a week. I hope it works out. I like how easy it is to use! Very Happy[/url]
teeswithatwist

PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 6:14 pm    Post subject: my own site Reply with quote

I just started posting on ecrater, and am loving the format, but am waiting for my first sale.

I have 2 other onlie shops www.teeswithatwist.com & www.buzzymultimedia.com -- I am in the process of deciding if we need to close our ebay shop -- the fees are getting way to high.

I do find that each time we add a shop our sales increase, and that the shops we have now allow us to add on features that increase sales (affiliate programs, coupons, and mass emails).

Heres hoping this site will create a marketplace balance for ebay
Laughing
redtagdiva

PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You need one of these --
http://www.gaggiftsrus.ecrater.com/product.php?pid=254234

Can someone help me! I read the above post, went to the website and feel under my desk, laughing!!! Very Happy
DewOnAPetal

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:01 pm    Post subject: reasons to have your own website Reply with quote

I have been growing with stores like eCrater, which is one of my newer stores. I also sell on HomeGrownMarket, Etsy, Style 150 and I'm eyeing a few more venues and blogs.

However, my website is my stepping off point. No matter how many places I sell online, most everything for sale is linked directly from my website to the corresponding store. I also sell vintage directly and use PayPal for my shopping cart.

Someone in another forum pointed out that when you leave an internet mall, you generally can't take your customers with you, and you would have to notify your customers that you're moving. She called these malls dead-ends, because if you leave, and redirect your URL to another store, it changes your indexing and takes time for search engines to realign your presence.

There are no guarantees that anyone will stay forever in one mall. Now, I only need 1 business card with my personal website on it, www.DewOnAPetal.com. I know I'll always have that!
rainbowsandsmiles

PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do have my own website ~

http://www.checkmeoutcheckbooks.com

I sell at eBay and I have a store here on ecrater, for almost a year I've been here.
DewOnAPetal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:06 pm    Post subject: case in point why you should have your own website Reply with quote

I list in about 5 stores right now, and one of them just shut down - no notice, nothing. I only had about 6 items listed there. I had some of them listed on my website, and hadn't gotten around to putting them all up (this goes for all my stores - I just haven't gotten around to them all). I just cut and paste the listings to another store and fix the hyperlink. For other listings, I have to re-create them, which is a pain, so you know I'm going to get everything on my website and soon!

Not that eCrater will ever do this to us, but it happens. Can you imagine the work involved if you had only 1 store with everything in it, and it shut down like mine did? I'm glad I never put all my eggs in one basket. Do you have a back-up plan? I hope so.
EtchingsandCollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This seems the best place to ask. We have been looking for a hosting location.There are way too may out there and are having problems with a comparison of all the different plans. Go-Daddy has been mentioned alot.
Who else would you suggest? We want to use it for listing and redirect with our own URL.
We have one on Freewebs as a practice location, but would like a site that is more professional.
Any ideas?
By the way eCrater is great! We had 4 sales today before noon. We are here to stay, we just want to extend our business as much as possible.
DewOnAPetal

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:41 pm    Post subject: hosting Reply with quote

I use Netfirms. www.netfirms.com I've been with them for years and never had any problems whatsoever. Their customer service is outstanding. They have plans from $4.95 and up. very professional with a full range of options, and they've been around a long time. Very reputable.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5

Jump to: