eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Please give your suggestions

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mypotogold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:04 pm    Post subject: Please give your suggestions Reply with quote

Hi folks. I just added 2 simple items to get started. Please take a look and give your suggestions.

I can't figure out how to get my categories shown on my home page, so help on that would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

To feature your categories on your home page:
1. in your admin page go to "categories"
2. click on the edit button (yellow pencil one) next to the category you want to feature.
3. click on browse and locate the image you are going to upload
4. assign a location on the home page by clicking on one of the radio buttons under the squares where it says "free".
5. click on "update".

When you are taking images for close-ups make sure the photos are not blurry. Remember the images can be enlarged if you click on them, so keep them as big as possible before you upload. I don't know if it is just me but your images look a bit dark. Might benefit from more light.

Make sure to add much more content to your descriptions. Use lots of keywords that would get picked up at searches.

Fill all the texts. (and yes use a lot of keywords).

Take a look at the threads in the introduce yoursel section of the eCrater community page. People are given lots of useful advice all the time. Some may apply to you. Check out the FAQ and Solutions and Help sections as well. Tons of useful info there.

Last edited by acread on Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:15 am; edited 2 times in total
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I thought your pics were a little out of focus, some more than others and most do not enlarge. Never have figured out what causes that.

Not sure you want to include shipping in your items. That teapot will not ship for pennies. If you have to refund someone how will you determine what is shipping and what is the cost of the item. I just wrapped something of similar size and it required the large Priority box, and half a roll of bubble wrap.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I thought your pics were a little out of focus, some more than others and most do not enlarge. Never have figured out what causes that.

If the file size of the image you are uploading is small then the uploaded image will be small (That feature can only enlarge it if the original was larger). Also, some of the size and content is lost during upload (probably not enough space in the server to save huge image files).

In any case if she takes images at higher pixel sizes the images will be better. When taking closeups she needs to set her camara at magnifier (or some similar feature) to get clearer images. Would help to read the manual and play around with features. Also taking several images and opening and looking at the detail to see which is the best is always a good idea before uploading it.
mypotogold

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks folks, I'll make those changes. I still have the original, large photo files so I'll re-do those.
acread

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2008 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just noticed you are accepting money order as payment. Make sure to mention that you will not mail the item until the payment is in your account. Give some kind of estimate to how long it might take for an order to reach the destination (based on the shipping method or methods you use). Make sure you state a little longer than USPS suggest, they are notoriously slow at times. Customers may have very different expectations. This way it won't be unrealistic. You can add these to your terms of service.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: