eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Product Listing Rotation

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CameoKids

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 1:26 pm    Post subject: Product Listing Rotation Reply with quote

The last couple of days I have loaded some new products, and they are automatically going to the middle of the third page. There are 2 1/2 pages of shoes and 3 other products just below the shoes that aren't shifting down in rotation of new products being added. Why are the shoes and the other 3 items below not rotating down when other sellers are listing new products? I understand that you can purchase top of the page product highlighting, but I didn't think that applied in the regular listings, or is something wrong that these products are not shifting down below new products being listed. Please fill us in on that. Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 4:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you mean when browsing from www.ecrater.com rather than your actual store?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are referring to the ecrater.com category and not your individual store --- YES! you can pay to be on top of the category. You can buy placement. That is one of the advertisings that eCrater.com sells to sellers to made some cash to provide the rest of us this free service.
CameoKids

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I know you can buy placement at the top of the page. Below that are the products listed in the order of listing. Its the products in the order of listing I'm talking about. If you go to http://www.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=65, the top two listing are paid listings. You then have this "Showing 1 - 20 out of 26597
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 next >" which starts the listings of products people put in all day and night. It's the products listed at this point. If you look there are 2 1/2 pages of shoes that are listing of the guy who has paid for the paid 2 listings of shoes at the top of the page. If you put up a product, everything is shifting on the third page below all his shoes, and then there are 3 more items under the last listing of his shoes that aren't rotating down either. If you put in a product right now, your listing will show up after all of the above listings, even if your the last one to list a product.
CameoKids

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

And yes I'm talking about going to www.ecrater.com, then click on clothing and shoes. The first 2 1/2 pages of listings, UNDER the two paid listings are not rotating down when new listings are listed!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let em try to explain you can BUY place ot the item within the category in addition you can buy advertising of your item at the top of the category page.

SO, it appears that the seller has paid to have their items always be at the top of the list when shoes are looked at. Not a category ad --- but they paid for item placement.
CameoKids

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok if they paid for item placement when "SHOES" are looked at, then why is it that it also is placed in the "Category" of Clothing and Shoes" which is the main catagory.

This is a response from Dimetri after I had inquired about the paid program. Maybe this will explain why I don't understand how they have locked up 2 1/2 pages of listings under where the promotional listings are. It's the main category of clothing and shoes, in the shoe category I can't tell because there are different shoes listed. Now maybe that has changed but from what he says here, there isn't any such thing of paid listings with in the listings, below the top of the 2 allowable premium listings.

(Currently our paid ad program is still under development and we cannot offer any stats.

Yet, the sellers who are interested can buy premium positions for 1 month minimum. The prices are fixed:

1. home page featured position

$50/month.

You have to rotate at least 10 items. All items must have white background!

2. category specific promotional position

$30/month per item. You can have max of 2 items per category.

For better understanding of this position please take a look at:

http://www.ecrater.com/category.php?cid=4338

The above Ralph Lauren shirt is in the following global category:
Clothing & Shoes > Men's Clothing > Big & Tall Men's Clothing

It will be displayed on the TOP of all items in the following categories:

Clothing & Shoes
Men's Clothing
Big & Tall Men's Clothing

All prices are determined month by month and can be changed with the next month. You can buy max 3 months at the current prices.

Currently www.ecrater.com receives 150,000 unique visitors per month and 1,500,000 page reloads per month

Payment with paypal at: ganguelova@hotmail.com)

Last edited by CameoKids on Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:54 am; edited 2 times in total
CameoKids

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One more question of another kind. When they quote unique vistor stats and page reload stats per month, how do they differentiate real visitors from store owners coming into the site to log in to their sites to work on their sites? If they aren't separating somehow real visitors who are shopping from store owners who are working on their stores, those stats are not acurate. Right?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now seen it in several other categories. I think maybe something is wrong - not working right. I will attempt to gather the info and notify Dimitri

You should also use the contact form and tell him what you see. Maybe he has a reason.

Quote:
When they quote unique vistor stats and page reload stats per month, how do they differentiate real visitors from store owners coming into the site to log in to their sites to work on their sites?

This thread explains the HITS very well (in my opinon)

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=993

it's not a stats counter --- it's nothing but hits
CameoKids

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL don't you ever sleep!!?? Thanks for finally seeing what I'm talking about. I hope they do fix it.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

CameoKids wrote:
LOL don't you ever sleep!!?? Thanks for finally seeing what I'm talking about. I hope they do fix it.

YEP, I sleep, lol. Rarely will you see me posting in the morning hours! lol
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: