eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Do customers see your shipping matrix info?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 10:18 am    Post subject: Do customers see your shipping matrix info? Reply with quote

Hi,

I've been searching and reading all I can find on the matrix, and it appears that we can "tweak" it or reinterpret it to suit our own use. I want to be able to say "$x.xx for one item and $x.xx for each additional item" because that has worked well for us. (U.S. shipping only) And we do get lots of combined orders at the "other" place, so combined shipping made easy is a priority for me.

To do this, I need a matrix line that counts 1,2,3,4, etc., across. I'd like to use the medium matrix line, which is 10, 20, 30, 40, etc., in my mind thinking of them as 1.0, 2.0, etc.; and it will work fine. But I want to make sure my customers will not see that I am entering each item as 10 POUNDS--they'll think I've lost what little sense I ever had! Very Happy I've looked at many stores that people have set up and I never see any weights or references to matrix data, so I hope I'm safe?

Thanks!
Becky
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2006 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think there's any way the customer can see the weight info unless it's actually mentioned in the description -- they just see what the cost is.

So you're saying that 10 lbs represents your base charge and 20 lbs represents your base + the next increment, right? That seems like a great idea.

Man, we really need a place to put all of these good ideas for manipulating the shipping matrix...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: