eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Echeck/Inventory problem

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TcMcKinney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:22 pm    Post subject: Echeck/Inventory problem Reply with quote

A buyer paid with an echeck from paypal, the product was not flagged as sold. Another buyer bought the product and paid with paypal funds. The other echeck finally cleared and no product to send him!

Is there a way to fix this???

Also, when an order is placed and paid for the products are set to zero (assuming there is only one). It is hard to pull the products that are sold from the order sheet since the links say no product found. Is there a way to make the products not seen until it is shipped instead of taking out the inventory?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please read the following:
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4895
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3759

I think since the customer who payed with the echeck was first, should get the item. If you haven't mailed the item yet. Do you have a way to get an identical item? If not contact the other buyer and cancel the order and apoligize profusely. If yes contact the second buyer and explain that there was a mixup with stock and ask if she'll want to wait a little longer or would like to cancel her order.

Last edited by acread on Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The listing is still there, if you go to your admin page, click on products and type in the title. It will show up for you, you re-enter the quantity and unclick 'hide this product' when you are ready to sell another one. But the public cannot see or bid on this item while it is in hide mode.
If you have inventory control enabled, this is what happens to listings when someone pays for them with PP or GC immediately. If they don't, you will have to go to the listing and put it in hide mode yourself....before someone else buys it!

Clear as mud? Laughing
TcMcKinney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know that it is still there to relist another similar item, but as far as pulling the items together to fill an order I have to bounce around to see which are unhighlighted. I just wish it would go to the unhighlighted listing from the order form.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TcMcKinney wrote:
I know that it is still there to relist another similar item, but as far as pulling the items together to fill an order I have to bounce around to see which are unhighlighted. I just wish it would go to the unhighlighted listing from the order form.

Try using the title or part of the title at the Search at the top of the "products" section.

If the item was not hidded, then you would be able to click on the name and go to the item page (but not the listing on your admin, the page at your store site).
TcMcKinney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right, that is what I am saying about having to bounce around. Not the best way to have to do it I would think.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TcMcKinney wrote:
Right, that is what I am saying about having to bounce around. Not the best way to have to do it I would think.

Rolling Eyes
TexasTreasures

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I understand what you are saying, and that it is an extra few steps. But hey-you made sales and that makes it worth the effort! I hope you have many more!
TcMcKinney

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your right Texas. Just wondering if there was another way. Thanks for your feedback.
cloudine

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How come ecrater can't "flag" echecks, check, and money order sold items? Wouldn't that be better off for everyone if ALL sold items were under inventory control?
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jun 26, 2008 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cloudine wrote:
How come ecrater can't "flag" echecks, check, and money order sold items? Wouldn't that be better off for everyone if ALL sold items were under inventory control?

Why don't you put this in the suggestions section. It would be very useful.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: