eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Items not showing in Ecrater.com search

View previous topic :: View next topic  
EssentialMooreGoodin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 12:40 am    Post subject: Items not showing in Ecrater.com search Reply with quote

I do not know what happened tonight. I was doing a search for my items from ecrater.com and none of them are showing. My store seems to be displaying fine from my store web address.

Any ideas. They were searching fine the other day.

on www.ecrater.com, search for "Young Living oil" only returns 8, should return 52 if it included my items.

My store search on www.essentialmooregoodin.ecrater.com appears fine.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
THEFlagCompany

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some of the titles have young Living Essential in the title. Have you done the advanced search?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this product something you create yourself? Or soemthing you get as being an affliate to the company? Like an agent for them?

ecrater.com doesn't allow affliate items, such as avon, and many others that are sold by disturbutors into there search or into froogle. read the terms.
EssentialMooreGoodin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They do show up in an advanced search. And until recently, showed in a search on www.ecrater.com. The 8 that do currently show in the ecrater.com search are from another seller's store.

BigTall., I'm not sure I follow your question. I have read the terms and do not see anything that I may be violating. Are you saying that we can not use brand names?

Could you point me towards the page or use-clause that I am in error with. I certainly did not mean to break any of the ecrater rules. I think the store fronts are great!
KryseeMac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:

ecrater.com doesn't allow affliate items, such as avon, and many others that are sold by disturbutors into there search or into froogle. read the terms.

This means that if I wanted to sell my 'Bettsy Ross Avon Bottle" I can't? Or the new "insert designer name here" whatever so I can get a good price? Bummer....I would think it would be better to let them be put into the TItle and then rely on the 'real wrong doers' get turned in when they are caught.

Too strict a rule but I guess you have to start/stop somewhere. I can understand it not wanting it to go into the foogle feed that way. Wonder if there is a way of wording it just right. Can't say 'used' when it's not (maybe) that won't work.

Wow...never thought about it...
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 1:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BigTall., I'm not sure I follow your question. I have read the terms and do not see anything that I may be violating. Are you saying that we can not use brand names?

I mean if you are an avon disturbutor that make you ab affiliate of avon. Affliate items do not come up in a search.

EssentialMooreGoodin - is selling Young Living products and using a Young Living logo --- makes me think she is an affliate of Young Living - a disturbutor, seller of their products. She can do shows, etc to sell there product. BUt say I was to contact Young Living they won't sell to me because I am not affliate of their company, of course I can join the group but if I don't I can't sell it. It's not like a normal wholesaler/supplier - because you don't have to join them to sell.

It's not a violation of the terms - but the terms state that affliate products will not show up in a search.

Now if I find avon or anything else say at a garage sale, I can sell it since I am not an affliate of avon or anyone else for that matter!
EssentialMooreGoodin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clearing that up . When I read "affliate" in the TOS I thought it meant affiliates of ecrater. I did not realize that it applied to distributorships and such. I am an independent distributor. Affliate implies that I represent Young Living but by YL's contract terms, I am not allowed to say that I work for or represent Young Living any more than I can say that I represent the company that I buy my books from.

It does not make much sense to me because my customers do not have to buy a membership or obligation of any kind to buy from me. They can buy directly from Young living as well without buying a membership. I am just that, an Independent distributor of Young Living products.
It would make sense if my customers had to sign up for something to buy from me. Guess I am still confused. But I believe in playing by field rules when you are someone else's field. Perhaps the rules could be just a but clearer -) . I did not receive any kind of notification that I might be in violation of TOS.

Now if my being an "affiliate" is the problem, why did my items quit showing and the other sellers are still showing. I know they are a distributor too. Could it be because I put too many items in my store and displayed a business card for my logo?? Perhaps I need to just list my bottles and accessories on eCrater and move my oils to another website?

I also sell new books, bottles and massage accessories that I buy wholesale. They are not from Young Living. Will that keep those items from indexing too?

I am disappointed. I had been so exited to see my items showing up in Froogle and it has been generating sales. It also gives ecrater a lot of presense in my category.
EssentialMooreGoodin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have updated my store, removed the Young Living logo and toned down the front page. A quick search showed that my bottles are not showing either.

Do I need to close my store and start all over again?
fancyflappers

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You will need to contact eCrater and tell them you've updated your store and believe you are in compliance. http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
EssentialMooreGoodin

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2006 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Fancy,
I was wondering who to talk to about this.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: