eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Storing products

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:32 am    Post subject: Storing products Reply with quote

I was wondering what you do to store your products? I am renting a huge climate controlled storage room that I modified with racks and shelves for storage. It looks like a store. This is costing me 100.00 per month. I have tons of products that I have listed here and on all my other sites. I need a cheaper solution because this is not affordable. I am not selling anything here and not selling much on the other sites.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I keep everything in tubs in my closet. I keep that closet door open at all times so air can circulate in there, and I never let the temperature in my house get above 60-65 degrees. If you do that & keep your house cool all the time (if you can stand it like I can) then you shouldn't have any problems with items getting ruined my moisture due to heat or crayons & lipstick melting, etc.
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I received a loan to buy my products and stockpile,and I am in debt so I want items safe. I have to much to store in this little 2300 sq foot home with a wife and 2 kids. BTW! I named store after my wife. Have you looked at my store? How could I keep that much stuff at home? I wish there were a wharehouse that kept large stock.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's called don't bite off more than you can chew.

When you start paying storage charges on items that aren't selling you are digging yourself into a deep hole.

Are your items showing up on Google? I ask because you have lots of identical titles except for the size. Google tends to ignore such listings.

I don't sell clothing but I do know what it is like to try to cram a store full of inventory into a small space. I do read the writing on the wall. Don't buy more inventory till you move what you have.

You might try selling some of your items at cost locally. Have a sale at your storage unit.
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that is one thing I wish ecrater had. When you list items in all sizes you should be able to list one item with various sizes. If there is a way to do that somebody please tell me. On the other sites that I sell a lot more on I will list a dress and it allows me to have all sizes in one listing.

I agree,I am digging a hole because I barely make storage fees. My wife says I should move to one of those cheaper storage units but they are not climate controlled and if something falls off the racks it's gona get dirty. My storage unit is so clean that you could eat off the floor. I am looking into finding someone who wants to offer me at least 10k for everything I own. Finding that person would be harder than finding a cure for cancer. There are just to many issues with a brick and mortar store here in Daytona Beach.
ReneesAttic

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Who is the moderator of this group? I was wondering if I could get the mod to read this. surely he/she has seen this issue I am ranting about before.
Misty4m

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

First thing don't stress out sometimes people say things that will cause you to be more stressful.

I understand how you feel about storage for your merchandise, me I try to stick to a small amount of item when purchasing stuff from wholesaler because I don't have a lot of room for storage.

Try to come up with a plan that would make things easy on you and your family by drawing out a plan.

I find clothing and linens organizer is a great way of helping to organize things more to help give you more space.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ReneesAttic wrote:
Who is the moderator of this group? I was wondering if I could get the mod to read this. surely he/she has seen this issue I am ranting about before.

BigTall and ecRATERmoon are moderators of the forum but don't know if either have experience with storage. BigTall lives in a big house and ecratermoon is an official ecrater employee and may not even have a store.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2300 sq ft house with a basement
I have nothing in the kitchen, and 3 of the bathrooms
Or in my 2 kids rooms.
The rest is fair game. My closet, my dining room, living room, garage, bathroom in the basement (that's the photo studio) every closet except the kids ... It's all work space! My business pays the bills without it I wouldn't have this house so
Yes my business has taken over!

I wish I could move it to a storage for $100 a month!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
that is one thing I wish ecrater had. When you list items in all sizes you should be able to list one item with various sizes. If there is a way to do that somebody please tell me. On the other sites that I sell a lot more on I will list a dress and it allows me to have all sizes in one listing.

You won't like my answer! Lol
I sell clothing in 3 different Ecrater stores and love being able to do all separate listings. I code the item sku at the end of the title. I'd be screwed if they made all sizes into one listing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: