eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any Smokers here?
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:51 am    Post subject: Any Smokers here? Reply with quote

Interested to know if there are any smokers here?

And if you are.

What do you smoke?

And

How much does a packet of 20 Cigarettes cost in your part of the world?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope my husband and I quit 12 years ago, thank God. My daughter still smokes. She lives in Chicago and pays $6.80 or something like that for one pack. Rediculous.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoked my last cigarette on Friday 9/5/08 at 4:00 am.
In all my life I only bought 2 packs of smokes. I always bought them by the carton.
My last carton cost $41.86 at Sams Club for Capri 120's. Name brand long smokes always cost more then any others.

My plan is to stash away $100 a month for the rest of my life, LOL
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I smoked my last cigarette on Friday 9/5/08 at 4:00 am.
In all my life I only bought 2 packs of smokes. I always bought them by the carton.
My last carton cost $41.86 at Sams Club for Capri 120's. Name brand long smokes always cost more then any others.

My plan is to stash away $100 a month for the rest of my life, LOL

And a much longer life it will be now.

I quit in 1976. Decided I wanted to see the tri-centennial. Now I won't be in the same room with a smoker. They stink even when they aren't smoking. I've been known to cross the street when I see a couple of smokers coming my direction. Good exercise since the street is about the only place you can legally smoke in my area.
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

DH smokes, I don't.

Kool Milds - Last time he bought a carton, it was $32 and change.

Back in the days when gas was cheap, we used to grocery shop in Kentucky where there is no sales tax on food. Cigarettes were cheaper there too. Now, what I would save on tax I would spend on gas -- so we shop locally.
down2biz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't smoke...but today I was waiting in line at Customer Service at a local grocery store & the person in front of me bought ~1~ (one) pack of cigarettes....she paid $7.48. Shocked
This was a store in a southern suburb of Chicago....in Chicago, the total would be even higher because the taxes are higher.
hairtiesgalorenmore

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke. We pay about $3.40 a pack or $34.-$35 dollars a carton for Pall Mall. Thats in US, Ohio
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoke but mostly roll my own. I pay about $24 a month. If I buy a few packs when I go for the weekend... I buy Ultralite of whatever is cheapest.. $2.90 - $3.25 a pack.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am very good at opening mouth and letting thoughts out.

I was standing at a customer service counter in a store (only place you can buy tobacco here) and a woman handed over a $20 to pay for her cigarettes. She was getting no change back.

I said if you just set fire to the 20 it will be better for you.

I thought she was going to hit me.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still a smoker. One pack a day at around $4.05.

True story:

I went to my Dr. and told him I wanted to stop smoking but wasn't having much success. He recommended I try Chantix. Sure, if it will help. Well, about three weeks in to it I was still smoking without any let up so I decided to supplement my efforts with Nicorette lozenges.

Ok, I'm 5 weeks in to it now and I'm taking Chantiz, smoking and sucking on lozenges. Talked to a friend that recently stopped and he said he did it by using smokeless tobacco for a while.

Yep, week six and I'm taking Chantix, smoking, sucking on lozenges and dipping.

Had a follow up with the Doc and told him what I was doing and he gave me this funny look, you know, like I had 5 eyes and growing horns or something. He said "Well, if it's that bad, usually I would never recommend this but maybe you should just go back to your regular smoking.

Guess I just haven't reached my "desire" threshold yet Confused
uptownchicboutique

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 4:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I don't smoke.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey aspen maybe this will help you reach the threshold: http://whyquit.com/joel/Joel_02_17_smoke_in_lung.html

Checkout the lung photos. I really wouldn't want to be the owner of the one at the bottom.

And the great thing is if you quit, your lungs start clearing up on their own. In time you can have nice pink lung like the one at the top. Smile

My dad used to smoke 2 packs a day (when I was a kid). He used to flactuate between 1-2 packs a day. He tried reducing the number, but that didn't work for him so well. He was constantly thinking of the next smoke. At the end he set himself a quiting date (like 2 year ahead). I thought he would fail. But he stuck to it. Went cold turkey at a very stressful time. Maybe he emotionally needed to prepare himself.

My brother-in-law, who is a doctor, used nicotine patches to quit. But before that when the first kid was born he couldn't smoke at home what so ever (knowing how harmful it is for an infant. He is a pediatrician after all). The experience of smoking became a constant misery especially in cold winter nights. I guess if something isn't so fun anymore it is a bit more easier to give up. The patches worked very nicely for him.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
Still a smoker. One pack a day at around $4.05.

True story:

I went to my Dr. and told him I wanted to stop smoking but wasn't having much success. He recommended I try Chantix. Sure, if it will help. Well, about three weeks in to it I was still smoking without any let up so I decided to supplement my efforts with Nicorette lozenges.

Ok, I'm 5 weeks in to it now and I'm taking Chantiz, smoking and sucking on lozenges. Talked to a friend that recently stopped and he said he did it by using smokeless tobacco for a while.

Yep, week six and I'm taking Chantix, smoking, sucking on lozenges and dipping.

Had a follow up with the Doc and told him what I was doing and he gave me this funny look, you know, like I had 5 eyes and growing horns or something. He said "Well, if it's that bad, usually I would never recommend this but maybe you should just go back to your regular smoking.

Guess I just haven't reached my "desire" threshold yet Confused

During the 30-40+ years smoking between my husband and myself we tried everything on the market there was to quit smoking. NOTHING worked and I mean NOTHING. If you don't want to quit you won't. You have to have a reason that your brain will accept. It wasn't until my husband got throat cancer and was blessed enough that the doctors got it all, that we stopped cold turkey. Have not even wanted one since. It seems like a miracle to us as we didn't think we ever would quit.
YardSaleBargains

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 8:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles is right. "You have to have a reason that your brain will accept" in order to be succesful at quiting.

My mom smoked a pack a day for 30 years until she had a chest x-ray and it required further testing. It turned out to be nothing but it made my mom quit COLD TURKEY. It's been 6 years now. She told me up until about a year ago she always kept a pack in her bedroom. I guess just knowing it's there and having the will to not smoke it worked for her.

My dad quit COLD TURKEY 23 years ago after he had a heart attack at age 58. He's been smoke free ever since.

I was a recreational smoker when I was a teen. I stopped after I had my 1st son at 21.

In my mom and dad case they were scared into quiting to smoke. I've heard from others and my mom and dad that quitng COLD TURKEY works better than any gum or pill out there. You just really have to want to quit in order to be successful.

Smile
NatureCoastJewelry

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:07 am    Post subject: still smoking Reply with quote

Hi, I'm new to this site and yes I still smoke. Carton of cigarettes 12.00 skydancers-no chemical or preservative. Still not good for me-but better and cheaper. Quit a few times-but always seem to fall back. If you're looking for cheaper and better I believe you can buy them online. Used to smoke winston's and changed within about 2weeks. Started a friend on them and she saved lots of $$'s. She bought 10 cartons a month. Maybe someday I'll quit for good!!
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: