eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Any Smokers here?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just started "vapen" with the new electronic cigs. I'm still trying to get used to them but they are clean vapor... no smoke. Mine do have some nicotine but not all the gummy tar & other stuff. They are legal to "smoke" anywhere cuz it's water vapor.
When I get used to them... I plan on going on to the No-Nicotine liquid.

So anyway.... no smoke smell... etc.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
topupwireless

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to admit that I smoke about almost 2 packs a day I get them for 2 for 1.05 I use to smoke cowboy killers then I switch when thing start slowing down.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the sad things about nicotine addiction is that when times get tough as they are now people will sleep in their cars rather than give up their cigarettes.

Re smoking vs. obesity. Obese persons only effect their own health unless they are feeding their families the same diet. They can't harm me unless I try to keep up with their food consumption. Smokers effect all who come into their presence and pollute otherwise clean environments.

There is much we can't control without government intervention i.e. the chemical soup we are forced to live in but we do have some options. We can buy local, organic, use natural cleaning products, boycott synthetics and plastics, park the van, drive less, and not smoke. These are choices we make.

If enough people make healthy choices, the government will take note and act. This is one area where we can dictate government policy by our own buying habits and life styles.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OMG, Maggie! I love ya, but really! We are born and yes, we are going to die with or without cigarettes. You know, they are starting to come out with reports that say obesity is now the No 1 health care cost over smoking. Hmmm, I wonder what the government will do to take care of that problem for us!

http://carolinabluelady.ecrater.com
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the government is doing their part now. I read where Congress and the President just approved the largest ever tax increase on tobacco products.....wonder what's next on their list Shocked
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let's all write to our Congresspeople.... Call it "BIG MACS TAX" or "quarter tax for quarter pound" LOL
Other's obesity may not physically effect me but my tax dollars pay for the health care for those who can't afford care. So it does effect me & most obesity can also be controled by "Quitting".

ALSO.... the cable companies should have to give us $ back for nights that we pay for cable & THERE IS SQUAT ON!.... I know that was off topic but I'm sitting here flippin & it just Pi**ed me off & couldn't resist adding it in. Laughing
aspencounty

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kjscreations wrote:

ALSO.... the cable companies should have to give us $ back for nights that we pay for cable & THERE IS SQUAT ON!.... I know that was off topic but I'm sitting here flippin & it just Pi**ed me off & couldn't resist adding it in. Laughing

I actually got in to a lengthy "discussion" with my cable provider. There was two days when all cable was out in my area and I told them that I shouldn't be charged for those two days. The person at their local office though I was nuts and said that wasn't possible. Well, I persisted (made a big scene) till I got to talk with the main guy. He finally conceded and told me my bill for the next moth would be reduced. I told him good and I hope it storms and my cable goes out again next Monday cause there isn't squat on Mondays anyway Wink
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

aspencounty wrote:
I think the government is doing their part now. I read where Congress and the President just approved the largest ever tax increase on tobacco products.....wonder what's next on their list Shocked

Yep, it went into effect today. Our wonderful "guvnor" is asking for an addl $1.00 tax on cigs and yeah, I'm in NC. Just wonderful! I'm sure they will use the money wisely Rolling Eyes
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 10:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am certainly not supporting obesity and agree that our tax dollars are stretched taking care of people who do not take care of themselves. It isn't just obesity and smoking. Think about people who engage in dangerous sports and adventure. We have national health here and every time a football player gets his neck broken or a skier becomes a paraplegic, the tax payers are on the hook for the rest of that person's life. In a country where there can be wait lists for major medical care, athletes always go to the head of the line. That really bugs me.

No matter your vice, you can only demand so much of the human body. I accept that we are all going to die one way or another but I prefer not to die of lung cancer or have to have a crane called to remove my body.
momsretro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 12:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I smoked for about 20 years, from when I was about 16, then finally quit around 1990. You really have to 'decide' to quit. I thought about those lung pictures too. And even though I'd be smoking a cigarette, I knew I would be cutting down to nothing soon and starting thinking of myself as a non-smoker. That helped too.

After you get past the first three days of not smoking at all it gets a little easier. You have cravings, but I heard that if you can make it for 90 seconds, the craving will stop. I had to look at my watch sometimes and those were the longest 90 seconds, but I finally made it.

Then the Northridge Earthquake happened. I lived 7 miles away. But I was OK the first 2 days.

But on Wednesday, we had two BIG 5+ aftershocks. I was still OK. Then I saw the President of the United States (Clinton) standing on that rickety overpass that had fallen down. There was a huge drop-off and the overpass was not secure AT ALL; just a couple of pillars holding it all up.

I was screaming at the TV like it was a horror movie; "Get him off of that thing! You're gonna get the President killed! There's gonna be an aftersh-----" and then another massive aftershock hit. Before the TV went out I saw them hustling him away from the edge....

That was it for me. I climbed over the rubble of my back fence and asked my neighbor for a smoke.

Now I have to quit all over again! I'm giving myself until my next birthday to be done smoking.
collectibledeals

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 2:25 am    Post subject: Still Smoking Reply with quote

I hope to quit soon. A pack is a little over 4 bucks here in Indianan out in the country near the Illinois boarder. I have been to Chicago south suburbs and ran out and had to pay almost 7 bucks.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 3:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't quit for health reasons, stop and tally up the costs and balance the cost per week, month, year with things you do without because you can't afford them. You might decide there is something you want more than the cigarettes. That was how I quit.

Start a bank account with your vice money. As the balance grows so will your sense of achievement and when you finally have enough to buy whatever you have set as your goal your reward will be double because you will have improved your health and achieved a dream.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 6:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have tried quitting several times over the years. Probably about 5 years ago, I tried using the patch - it helped with the urge but I had a real hard time concentrating on anything. I just could not sit still - constantly getting up for this or that, taking walks, thinking about anything other than what I was suppose to be working on. Only lasted a couple of weeks until I started smoking again. Talked to my doctor and she started me on Wellbutrin and for me, that worked. Not only did I not have the cravings, but I could concentrate and not get so frazzled. At the time, I had my 2 oldest grandkids living with me (early teens) and I was still able to quit. I had decided to have my last cigarette on a Sunday night after the kids had gone to bed. I cleaned my ashtray and put in a drawer along with the lighter. There were no more cigarettes in the house (and we all know how scary it is to run out of cigarettes late at night). Woke up the next morning got the kids off to school and went to work. All in all, it went well. I quit for 13 months and then one day I just got ticked off about something and left the house with a book and bought a pack of cigarettes and went to the park and sat all day reading and smoking the pack of cigarettes. (unfortunately, I had already read that book Smile ). Once I started smoking again while taking the Wellbutrin, I don't think it works anymore. So, I have been off Wellbutrin for about 1 1/2 yrs. So soon, I will probably talk to my doctor and try to quit again. But, it will be my decision. I do not like being preached to!!!!! I do not do without anything because I smoke.
momsretro

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It IS scary running out of smokes late at night. Now I have that vision of the lighter in the drawer!

It is so hard when something crops up after you've quit too!

I tried Wellbutrin, it helped calm me down, but I still smoked too. A friend tried it. She had a plan; go on it, pick your end date and taper down. By her quit date she realized she had 'forgotten' to smoke for the last few days. So it worked for her.

Good luck.
Laura
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did what your friend did. Started the Wellbutrin about a week before my last cig. And, made sure I smoked all my cigarettes before I went to bed that next Sunday. If there would have been any cigs left over, I would have smoked them. I also didn't tell anyone that I was quitting so as not to have a big production over it.

Good luck to you, too!
Donna
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: