eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Nothing is selling on here for me. why not??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PRETTYNUNIQUE

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sad Nothing is selling on here for me. why not??
is anyone else having any luck here?? I guess i'll have to check out a few other places.......like the river
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
my-little-e-shop-in-ukraine

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:01 am    Post subject: You get out what you put in. Reply with quote

Could it be that the Home page of your store looks pretty bland.

No featured categories? There are only 7 items in your store?

No Contact details on Contact page?

No terms and conditions on Terms page?

Nothing about you on About Us page?

You have put very little work into your store. You have copied you text from somewhere else 'THIS AUCTION IS FOR 2 STANDARD SIZE 20x26 LIGHT/ GREEN 100%' There are no auctions at ecrater.

If you put little in, you will get little or nothing out.

Some of us work hard at our stores, building stock and promoting our stores all over the web.

I will not ask how much promotion you have done for your store as by looking at the work you put into you store I expect the answer in none.

Sorry to be so blunt but if you could not sell these items at the auction place. If you can not put time and hard work into your store here. Why do you expect to sell anything?
acread

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRETTYNUNIQUE, you had this post at your promotion topic, I separated it from there cause it wasn't helping you promote, advertise your store and you sound like you need a comprehensive review for your store to help you.

Here are a couple of topics about how to promote and andvertise your eCrater store. There are more topics on thise subject at the forum. A lot of useful info. You could benefit from.
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2132
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4220

One thing to remember is that eCrater does not promote or advertise for us. We need to do it on our own. At other sites they may be doing it for you and hence the fees they charge for selling at those sites. Advertising is a full time deal. Needs to be done daily. If you work at it hard no reason you would not be successful here.

The more products you have the more likelyhood of selling.

The least you could do is put your store name on your logo (create an image with your store name). That would help with your stores name recognition since it appears at every page of your store.

The more typed content you have that relates to your products, the greater the likelyhood of your store pages getting picked up in search results. So enter content with lots of keywords. And don't forget to submit your site url to search engines.

Don't be overwhelmed with all the suggestions, take your time and implement at your own speed.
Gems4all

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I completely agree with the suggestions made above. How are people going to find you with only 7 listings? And if they do find you, why would they purchase from you? You need to lay out packaging info, contact info, terms and so on. As of right now, your store doesn't say "you can trust me" to the consumer.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've been given great advice. I can only emphasize how important everything said above is.

This is not only for you but for everyone who copied listings from auction sites and didn't bother to remove auction references.

I recently had an email from a buyer asking when my auction was going to close or was it fixed price. She saw other listings for auctions and assumed I was doing it wrong.

In this business you are rewarded in direct proportion to what you invest in time and care.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

PRETTYNUNIQUE wrote:
is anyone else having any luck here?? I guess i'll have to check out a few other places.......like the river

You don't have a store - you have 7 items. That's not a store it's not even a shelf.

Load you store and you will see a difference.
aaajewelrystore

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:40 am    Post subject: key to online e-commerce success Reply with quote

Quote:
BigTallMensClothing

New postPosted: 01 Oct 2008 13:44 Post subject: Reply with quote
PRETTYNUNIQUE wrote:

You don't have a store - you have 7 items. That's not a store it's not even a shelf.

Load you store and you will see a difference.

WELL SAID BTMC!

Describing your store's products and appropriately describing them are also key to online e-commerce success! If they can't find your item on the internet, they can't buy it from you!

Think keyword optimization here. The more relevant your keywords are in your item description, the better chances you have for your customer to find you.

Categorizing your store's products appropriately is also important.

The Googlebot that crawls your website to index your store's pages will drop your ranking if items are not categorized correctly or if keywords are irrelevant. They could also NOT index your site (url) if there are too many irrelevant discrepancies associated with your site.

Good luck on setting up your eCrater store, PRETTYNUNIQUE!
thepatternpalace

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree 100% with the advice given and one more thing.....that bit on your home page about being new and trying the site.....well it doesn't sound real professional. Almost like a "ho hum" statement.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: