eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Technical Issues
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cosmicray



Posts: 6996

PostPosted: Wed Oct 29, 2008 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
Follow up: after I did the charge at Google, only the first order has a check mark next to it. But both orders now say 'CHARGED'. Go figure.

Ray

I thought you said there was only one order at Google Checkout. (and two at eCrater) This means whatever the issue is it happened at Google Checkout. It could be the buyer click on OK button twice or something.


Correct. There is one order at GC and two orders at EC. I charged the one order over at GC, and the first order at EC got marked with the check mark, but the second did not. Both EC orders now say 'CHARGED' (when you look inside at the order details).

Ray
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2008 1:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
ACRead wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
Follow up: after I did the charge at Google, only the first order has a check mark next to it. But both orders now say 'CHARGED'. Go figure.

Ray

I thought you said there was only one order at Google Checkout. (and two at eCrater) This means whatever the issue is it happened at Google Checkout. It could be the buyer click on OK button twice or something.


Correct. There is one order at GC and two orders at EC. I charged the one order over at GC, and the first order at EC got marked with the check mark, but the second did not. Both EC orders now say 'CHARGED' (when you look inside at the order details).

Ray


BECAUSE you said that both had the same GC # -- therefore it's one order not two. For whatever reason - the info got sent to ecrater from google TWICE - could be as suggested that the buyer clicked twice OR it could be that google hiccuped and the info was sent to ecrater twice.
ANYWAYS - I still suggest you send the details to ecrater.com via the contact form.


Quote:
I am (somewhat) concerned that should I try to Cancel the second order, it might (seeing as how that order knows about about the GC number) try to cancel the payment request over at GC, which is what I *really* don't want to happen.

I personally wouldn't do anything. the order sitting on ecrater won't matter - heck, I rarely ever look at my orders here.
BUT as you said - since it's the same GC # -- if you click cancel here it will send the info to gc to cancel that order and that isn't wnat yu want to do.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6996

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater orders 311260 & 311261: same situation as I previously described a few days ago (i.e. 2 consecutive EC orders with the same GC order number).

I had one intervening order ( 309701 ) which did not exhibit the duplication.

Whatever happened before, this appears to be an exact repeat (although different buyer, different item being purchased).

Ray
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
eCrater orders 311260 & 311261: same situation as I previously described a few days ago (i.e. 2 consecutive EC orders with the same GC order number).

I had one intervening order ( 309701 ) which did not exhibit the duplication.

Whatever happened before, this appears to be an exact repeat (although different buyer, different item being purchased).

Ray


PLEASE use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com to report this issue.
Sounds like a GC issue to me since they are sending the info to ecrater. So you might try to contact them as well.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6996

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
eCrater orders 311260 & 311261: same situation as I previously described a few days ago (i.e. 2 consecutive EC orders with the same GC order number).

I had one intervening order ( 309701 ) which did not exhibit the duplication.

Whatever happened before, this appears to be an exact repeat (although different buyer, different item being purchased).

Ray


PLEASE use the contact us form at www.ecrater.com to report this issue.
Sounds like a GC issue to me since they are sending the info to ecrater. So you might try to contact them as well.


I will do that. I reported the original occurrence, but I've heard nothing from the eCrater team concerning my report.

Quote:
personally wouldn't do anything. the order sitting on ecrater won't matter - heck, I rarely ever look at my orders here.


May I gently suggest that you look thru the various stores that you operate to see if you're seeing any of the same thing. As I am not using the Inventory Control feature, I don't know if this might be causing extra subtraction of inventory for those people who are.

My own (wild) guess, is that its a timing issue between eCrater and Google Checkout. Perhaps eCrater isn't answering GC fast enough, and GC is doing one retry (of the original order presentation).

BTW, there are two differences between the orders as they are representated on eCrater: first only the initial order shows a valid IP address, and second, the additional order is missing the last block of customer information (AVS, CVN, last 4-digits, etc). Other than that, the orders appear identical.

Ray
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
My own (wild) guess, is that its a timing issue between eCrater and Google Checkout. Perhaps eCrater isn't answering GC fast enough, and GC is doing one retry (of the original order presentation).

There can not be a timing issue between eCrater and Google Checkout because GC takes over at the point the payment option of GC is selected -- therefore ecrater.com has no info - no name, no address etc etc UNTIL gc sends it to them.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
PrettyPelican



Posts: 35

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 1:29 pm    Post subject: Missing the hits table... Reply with quote

This is fast and a valuable tool, please leave it on.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray



Posts: 6996

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Background: A few days ago, I discovered that a competitor (who runs their own site, in addition to selling on Amazon) has been lifting a few of my own product images without my permission. That behavior seems to be troublesome.

Because of this, I am sequentially going thru my entire inventory of JPEGs and adding watermarks and IPTC meta data. IPTC data can include many things including copyright, creation date, object name, etc.

When a JPEG is uploaded to eCrater, it appears that the software resizes it to meet eCrater standards (e.g. original was 224x350, the stored/displayed image is 192x300).

Issue: In the process of image acceptance/resizing, my IPTC data is being stripped. It is imperative that the copyright be retained. Having the watermark is a good thing, having the watermark + the copyright meta data is what I really want.

thanks, Ray

EDIT: after writing the above, I discovered that the original image size is still available from eCrater (by clicking on the 192x300 image, I get a new mini-window with the 224x350 image). Saving that image, and inspecting it, shows that the IPTC data is not present. Something is stripping that data (even tho the image size is being retained).
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
alexanderartstudio



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 2:22 pm    Post subject: Hits Reply with quote

Please add it again! I love knowing how many hits items get and what is more popular than others. It is a great tool.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dotsattic



Posts: 5

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:38 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout Error Reply with quote

Question Earlier this evening I was notified by email from Google of a sale through Checkout. I have processed the order and notified the customer of shipping. This worked perfectly.

Just now I've received this message from Google:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Google's Integration Console states (12 times in the last 2 hours):

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php -- the error we got is: java.net.SocketTimeoutException: Read timed out

My Google checkout has always worked. I have made no changes anywhere since I first opened.

How can I rectify this error? Question
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 5:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

People please stick to the topic. The original post of this topic was:
ecrater wrote:
Due to some technical issues we shut the community down for 4 hours yesterday.


It refers to one occurrence. It is to inform the community of the shutdown onf the Community page back in mid-October. So all these questions and complaints do not fit in here.

Post questions in Help or Sellers Only or any of the topics that are directly related to the issue.

I will not be answering anything unrelated on this topic.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
sewgood



Posts: 60

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:19 am    Post subject: 2 problems Reply with quote

I like to hit the hits button and see how many my items are getting. Great for repricing.

Im still showing 0 on hits for new items listed yesterday. I know they are getting hits. Seems to be not working.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammieShepherdJewelry



Posts: 22

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:10 pm    Post subject: search not working in forum Reply with quote

Hi,
I assume I'm posting this in the right category- I am trying to use the search in the forum index and it is telling me it has been disabled (?).
Thanks
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No you are not. This topic is about the community page being closed for four hours on one day in past October (2.5 months ago).

The topic you are looking for is: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=14596
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eclectik



Posts: 60

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've obviously stumbled on this thread late, but want to thank cruisersclassics for his observations and assessments, much of which I share.

Four months after a feature is dropped, four months of asking for its return, and still nothing ... looks like it really, really ain't coming back!
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 4 of 6

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum