eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout Payout Question

View previous topic :: View next topic  
worldstoreone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 9:32 am    Post subject: Google Checkout Payout Question Reply with quote

Good Morning,

I have a question about the Payout within Google checkout. We are in Florida. It seems that every order we have processed has processed and hit the payout drop with in the usual 2 window, with the exception of weekends. Every one, but the last one payed out when expected.

We processed 2 orders in the wee hours of Monday. We boxed and shipped both when the Post opened at 8am. Both shipped Priority, with delivery confirmation. When we got back to the house I entered the shipping confirmation, etc. which was around 8:15 a.m. and they both have been delivered already though I don't think it matters. I confirmed and logged both delivery tracking infomation thru google checkout.

The first order was from 9 dollars, and payout was dated 11/26/08 and is in the account this morning. Our bank runs ACH debits and credits 24/7. If it dropped 11/26/08 it should has cleared yesterday as it was ACH.

The second order still has not dropped, and of course it is for 141.00. If both orders were processed within a minute of each other, and both placed and processed after midnight, and same for shipping. Why hasn't the second payout dropped? If it was held an additional day because it is a larger amount, then why didn't it drop last night? Was google not processing on the 27th due to the holidays?

Most of our orders are within the same price range, the smaller one was one of only 2 we have had that low.

Any insight would be greatly appreciated. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The payout from Google Checkout is an electronic transfer. All electronic transfers between financial institutions take 2-5 business days (depending on the institution). That means no transfer during holidays. Thanksgiving is a holiday (today isn't a business day either). Expect your money sometime next week. It is just business as usual.

Make sure to ship the items as soon as you receive the payment from customer. That does not include the transfer of money from Google Checkout to your bank account (the payout). Google has rules about shipping within 24 hours of receiving payment.
worldstoreone

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:20 am    Post subject: Reply Reply with quote

We ship immediately, we walk to the store room, box, and ship. We are 1 mile from the post office. And as I stated before, both items are already in the customers hands. It is just dumb founding that 1 payed out, and the other didn't? I don't see why it would do 1, and not the other? They both processed into our eCrater after 3 am Monday morning, so that was after midnight west coast time. Yes, we already thought of that issue. And I stated before, we charged them both at the same time thru google checkout and shipped immediately as always, and confirmed both usps.com with tracking through google checkout first, and also entered that secondly in Admin in our eCarter. We only had to wait for the post to open 5 hours later at 8am central time. Our bank is open today, and we got credit for the 1 payout yesterday, yes on Thanksgiving. and I had a payment to pay today to be on time to avoid a late fee, another bill that going to be paid on my credit card Surprised( . We are just trying to understand how this all works internally. I didn't know if google thought because it was a larger amount it would be more of a risk issue, but if that was the case, then wouldn't it had been held in the risk check-clearing loop as opposed to being held out on our end? And thank you for your help and insight!
acread

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no such thing as check clearing with Google Checkout. As far as I know it's all credit card payments (unlike payPal).

I'm pretty sure there is no thinking involved in Google Checkout's case. All that payout stuff is automatic. (A lot of stuff at Google is automatic)

The weekends are not business days and neither are holidays. There may be slight variation from time to time. All kinds of things could play factor. From rautine cleaning to emergency server shutdowns. Whatever. As long as you get the money, a day here and there should not be the focal point. Just accommodate your finance to count in the unexpected delays.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 5:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are looking at how many minutes between the $9 sale and the $141 sale on your site and the disparate time for payout. Realize that in those few minutes thousands of transactions between other sellers and google would have taken place. You said it happened in the wee hours of the morning. If the Google computer runs reports at any particular time, it is probably in the wee hours when it will impact fewest buyers in NA. Your two sales could have been on either side of that break for the run.

I've been using Google checkout since the beginning and it always takes 3-4 days for the payouts to reach my bank, longer on weekends/holidays. I have also noticed that they combine payouts sometimes and that can or at least seems to slow delivery. Regardless they are prompt and other than being hard to contact, I like the service.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do know that Amex or Discover takes an extra day or two than Master card or visa. The customer could have paid with an Amex or discover.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: