eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

IS ANYONE MAKING ANY MONEY WITH THEIR E-CRATER STORE
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
WholesaleToSell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:50 am    Post subject: IS ANYONE MAKING ANY MONEY WITH THEIR E-CRATER STORE Reply with quote

Is anyone making any real money with their e-crater store?
I mean at least $1000 a month?

I'm asking this because I just realized search engines don't recognize inbound linke to e-crater stores - maybe because it's a sub-domain.

Does anyone with an e-crater store have good search engine rankings?

Any 1st pagers?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:32 am    Post subject: Re: IS ANYONE MAKING ANY MONEY WITH THEIR E-CRATER STORE Reply with quote

WholesaleToSell wrote:
I'm asking this because I just realized search engines don't recognize inbound linke to e-crater stores - maybe because it's a sub-domain.

Where did you get this?
WholesaleToSell

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We'll I have 20 or so inbound links to my e-crater store and none of them show up when I check my inbound links. I know google is funny about links but msn and yahoo also show no links-
acread

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How are you checking them to see they are not working?

Where are these links located? Did you look to see if they are clickable?
yeoldemasonicshoppe

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wholesale to sell,
I'm not making a $1000.00 a month, but we are getting sales.
Our items are showing up on google search also.

Gary
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have good sales. People are buying low priced now more than the upper end but they are still buying.
AlmostAntique

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have great sales but I have six stores. I also work in each of them daily updating listings, changing things and tweaking, and adding a few new items daily. Sales were slow jan but they seem to be picking up. I also go all over the internet and promote my sites at all kinds of blogs, forums, and in all my emails. I also do a regular search engine submission to all the search engines I can find, picking a different one every other day or so to submit to. THat is the only way you will succeed. You only get out of your business what you put into it.

My sales aren't in the 1000's but they are close to half that. It's a process and you learn as you go.

www.onceisneverenough.ecrater.com
www.avonandmark4you.ecrater.com
www.almostantique.ecrater.com
www.creativecraftsupplies.ecrater.com
www.wearitagainsam.ecrater.com
www.onestopmediashop.ecrater.com
noadi

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have great search engine ranking for my ecrater store for certain search terms. I don't make $1000 a month just from ecrater but between here and my etsy shop I made around that much last month, still constantly working on building traffic and sales it doesn't come overnight.

First of all not all backlink checkers are accurate and depending on how frequently the search engines crawl the sites you're getting links from it could take up to a month for a search engine to find those links. Search engines do recognize backlinks to ecrater stores, I use yahoo site explorer to check mine and currently it says I have 1,320 for my store. You need to build more than just 20 backlinks to get good search engine rankings but it's a good start.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 2:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've said it tons of times before
HOW many sales or how much money a store makes is totally in the hands of the store owner.
It depends on what you do to bring in your buyers.
If you think I list they come and buy - well good luck to you anywhere on the internet!

YES, you can make $1000 a month IF you do the work to get the sales.

Between my business partner and I we have a total of 22 different online stores. Our partnership stores easily make over $1000 a month.
BUT we work hard at it!
abouturface

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sales are really starting to pick up this month. However, almost everything I sell is a luxury item so I can't expect sales to be great in this economic climate. I have noticed that I am getting a lot more traffic to all my stores so perhaps things are looking up.
artdoodads

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nope, I'm not. But I do promote everywhere I can possible think of, am hoping it will eventually pay off.
joyfulsleep

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I agree with Big & Tall. Ecrater is great but you have to work at it every day. My ecrater sales are slowly increasing, as I learn more about how to promote the store. It surely doesn't happen overnight but it does happen if you are willing to work at it (just like everything else in life pretty much).

www.joyfulsleep.com
quality products for heavenly sleep
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sat Feb 07, 2009 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

each individual store.... no
all my stores...stores on other marketplaces....websites... auctions....
combined, yes... I better or my lights, internet & phone will go off, I will have to find a bridge to live under & the kids will have to eat Ramin every day. Oh wait my 1 daughter already lives on Ramin. Laughing
lilbitmagoos

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:43 am    Post subject: Your Kidding me! Reply with quote

Shocked What you mean we have to do more than set things up on e crater? Gee I though eCRATER would do all of our promotion for us and bring in lots and lots of sales all for no fee from us! shock Shocked Crying or Very sad really though people like has been said whatever you put into ANY
business is what you will get out of it Smile
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Take a lesson from the big boys" like Pepsi.... they get paid not only when you buy a soda.... but half the fast food places you eat at, the profit goes in their pockets.
Same with websites. if I sell ....say jewelry..... on 5 different websites, stores, auction etc... & you have done your promoting... odds are if a customer googles "diamond tennis bracelet" 2 or 3 of your stores show up on page 1 & 2. AND odds are that you are 2 or 3 TIMES likely to get the profit IN YOUR POCKET.

I am no business major but if 3 out of 4 stores in a row are yours..... pretty good odds that YOU will get the customers.

oh.... ps... I'm not saying sell the same things here on ecrater (against the rules) but you can sell the same things here AND on other stores, websites, blogs, auctions, amazon, or wherever. AND divide different products for different stores here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: