eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

Feedback
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
argraphics



Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:13 pm    Post subject: Feedback Reply with quote

If i refund a buyer and cancel the order will they still be allowed to leave feedback?


Thanks
Rob
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 2:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If they have received the feedback email, yes.

What happened? (if you don't mind sharing)
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
argraphics



Posts: 12

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lady was pissing me off calling me every 1/2 hour for her tracking number caught me in a bad mood and i just told her in a semi rude way to go away i refunded her money and let her have the business cards for free. i just didnt want to deal with her at the moment.

We all have bad days today was one for me. Ill deal with it.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry you were having a bad day.

I've never heard of buyer calling for tracking number. Maybe she has OCD or something. That she obsesses over minor stuff. Could be trying. But quite a legitimate excuse for the behaviour (won't be able to help herself). Maybe she is under pressure herself, so the stress comes out as such behaviour.

Anyway, take time to calm down. Maybe tomorrow you could work it out with her. Explain the situation to her a bit.


But if you don't I guess you could cancel the order and refund. That's your choice.

I'd say don't worry about the feedback before even receiving it.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
darkknight29swseller



Posts: 4

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feedback Email? Ok, my store has been successful since I've started selling here but I've always wondered how the feedback worked because I couldn't find it anywhere? My customers ask me how do they leave it once the order is done and they receive their item? I Had no idea, I guessed that they could log in their account if they had one, or go back to their order and they would be able to find something showing that they can now leave feedback, or after a certain time frame, they would know they could leave it. So that's how it works? An email is sent to the buyers telling them they can now leave feedback? What if that email goes in their junk folder and they never see it? Is there a way for them to still leave feedback if they didn't get the email?

Thanks,

Tim
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

darkknight29swseller wrote:
Feedback Email? Ok, my store has been successful since I've started selling here but I've always wondered how the feedback worked because I couldn't find it anywhere? My customers ask me how do they leave it once the order is done and they receive their item? I Had no idea, I guessed that they could log in their account if they had one, or go back to their order and they would be able to find something showing that they can now leave feedback, or after a certain time frame, they would know they could leave it. So that's how it works? An email is sent to the buyers telling them they can now leave feedback? What if that email goes in their junk folder and they never see it? Is there a way for them to still leave feedback if they didn't get the email?

Thanks,

Tim

Here is the topic on feedback at FAQ and Solutions section of the forum: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2291

Might want to read more in that section.

If it goes to their junk mail, it goes to their junk mail. If they check it they may find it (unless it gets deleted automatically after a period). There is a second email send if they don't leave one after 3 weeks. The link to the page where they need to complete the process is in the email. Without it they can't leave one. Buyers are not required to register at eCrater or the stores, so there is no place they can access.

You actually have a bunch of feedback, did you know? http://darkknight29swseller.ecrater.com/view-feedback.php?storeid=65664
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vintagemoonbeams



Posts: 1002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

An interesting thing that I noticed lately. In my Google Checkout account there is a "Reviews" tab. I have had a number of buyers leave very positive feedback there. I am not sure how or where this shows up, but I am guessing out on Google somewhere? Does anybody know about this?

I think that most people who left a review on Google Checkout, did not leave on on the eCRATER feedback. I wonder if they did not realize they could do both?

Enjoy your evening!

VintageMoonbeams
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagemoonbeams wrote:
An interesting thing that I noticed lately. In my Google Checkout account there is a "Reviews" tab. I have had a number of buyers leave very positive feedback there. I am not sure how or where this shows up, but I am guessing out on Google somewhere? Does anybody know about this?

I think that most people who left a review on Google Checkout, did not leave on on the eCRATER feedback. I wonder if they did not realize they could do both?

Enjoy your evening!

VintageMoonbeams

They appear at Google Product Search where your store feedback also appears. See: http://www.google.com/products/reviews?fq=VintageMoonbeams&cid=1113c7349d00000d&sort=1&cat=merchants (the ones with black heading are the ones from GC reviews and the ones with the link are eCrater)

some of my customers did both.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vintagemoonbeams



Posts: 1002

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 5:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks AC! That is great!

VintageMoonbeams
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
darkknight29swseller



Posts: 4

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2009 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, yes I knew there was a bunch of feedback under my store already, I just didn't know how ppl could leave feedback period because so many asked me, I just wondered so I could let my customers know. Now I know. Thanks.

Tim
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Catlover



Posts: 70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:17 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

Why on earth can't customers who pay by personal check or money order leave feedback? If an item is marked "paid" in my orders, it just seems to make sense that the buyer should be able to leave feedback. My feedback will forever be left at "0", I suppose, since I don't accept Paypal, don't have Google checkout, etc. Had one customer purchase two items from me last week and they were upset that they could not leave me positive feedback, as they were very happy with their purchases. Sure seems rather unfair to me.....
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:35 pm    Post subject: Re: feedback Reply with quote

Catlover wrote:
Why on earth can't customers who pay by personal check or money order leave feedback? If an item is marked "paid" in my orders, it just seems to make sense that the buyer should be able to leave feedback. My feedback will forever be left at "0", I suppose, since I don't accept Paypal, don't have Google checkout, etc. Had one customer purchase two items from me last week and they were upset that they could not leave me positive feedback, as they were very happy with their purchases. Sure seems rather unfair to me.....

Because there is no way to prove that those purchases are not something the seller herself/himself put in and then marked payment received. It would be too easy for scammers to enter bunch of positive feedback to make themselves look good. No way for anyone to tell or check if those payments were actually received and those orders were legitimate. They can make themselves look like a legitimate business and get away for longer. Now they get bunch of negatives they attract attention and people give them a wide berth. So the scammers are less successful.

When PayPal or Google Checkout payment takes place that is a third party proving the payment took place and the order is not necessarily something the seller made up to make themselves look good. Cause if they catch you at it they close your account.

So why are you not offering any electronic payment methods? It is very hard to do business online without them. You are probably missing out on a lot of sales because you are not offering them.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Catlover



Posts: 70

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2009 9:58 pm    Post subject: feedback Reply with quote

Thanks for the reply, AC. I can see why that would make sense, then, so that sellers don't puff up their own reputation with fake sales.

I'll just keep on referring all my customers to my well-established ebay feedback reputation of over 3300 positives, I guess, so they know they are dealing with a reputable seller (I put a blurb in each of my listings, giving them my ebay id, so buyers can check for themselves, to see my high feedback rating).

I am not offering Paypal here; I know I probably lose customers by not doing so, but I really dislike Paypal (and have numerous reasons for doing so). I sold on ebay for over 9 years taking ONLY checks & money orders, so when Paypal (and their fees) were forced upon sellers like myself there, I sought an alternative selling place, so am thankful that ecrater doesn't force us to use Paypal.

Anyway, thanks for answering; I guess it does make sense, though my customers would have liked a way to express their positive experience w/my items through their feedback.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
viewfinders



Posts: 1555

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 12:11 am    Post subject: Re: feedback Reply with quote

Catlover wrote:
I am not offering Paypal here; I know I probably lose customers by not doing so, but I really dislike Paypal (and have numerous reasons for doing so). I sold on ebay for over 9 years taking ONLY checks & money orders, so when Paypal (and their fees) were forced upon sellers like myself there, I sought an alternative selling place, so am thankful that ecrater doesn't force us to use Paypal.


Try Google Checkout unless you just don't want to accept online payments.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread
moderator


Posts: 11986

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PayPal is not the oly alternative here. As viewfinder stated you can sign up for Google Checkout and use that. Unless you have an objection to Google Checkout as well.

About 50% of may sales come from Google Checkout. That is quite a bit of chunk.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum