eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Froogle censorship

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ladystrange

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 2:39 pm    Post subject: Froogle censorship Reply with quote

I have listed on froogle before coming here and never had any problems. Recently I discovered that only 15 of my 300 plus items are showing on froogle.

Well I have been busy adding products to my store so I have not concentrated on this issue. Well today I tried to manually insert a product into froogle and discoved "sexy" was a term not allowed.

I have to think on this one awhile Confused Okay I sell lingerie, lol. I know the search engines have flagged words like lingerie, exotic, and erotic as adult content, which is Okay.

Personally I hate these words and wish the search engines would ignore them. Trying to keep up with the slang to keep high on search engines is a chore: examples Hot lingerie, sexy lingerie, fantasy lingerie, erotic lingerie, exotic lingerie, alternative lingerie, pretty lingerie.

Do I want to keep the words for proper search engine placement, or be listed in froogle?

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Or does any one know where there is a list of banned words?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

But Froogle also limits the number of what it sees as "duplicate" listings, doesn't it? In other words, if 100 sellers are selling a new, bestselling book Froogle only shows a portion of those, don't they?
Tsurfer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2007 3:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't really know till know that sexy was going to get kick out.
Thanks for posting it cause I think I use the word sexy in my replaceable bras straps.

So I'm on my way to see and take that word out.

Not sure what you could use for your lingerie. For placement on foogle.

But when you find it for foogle you might want to split your adds up so part will hit foogle and the sexy words hit the search engines.

T
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: