eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

coupon codes not working~

View previous topic :: View next topic  
genevievescloset

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 5:57 am    Post subject: coupon codes not working~ Reply with quote

Ok I need HELP!!!! I set up a coupon code in google, and it is not giving my customers any place to enter it!!! I e-mailed google and this is the response I got:

[color=red]Thank you for your email.
I have investigated this issue and it seems that Ecrater is using a
feature called Merchant calculations when sending the shopping cart data
to us. Basically all the Tax, Shipping and Coupon logic is deferred on to
Ecrater's server. In other words The coupon settings cannot be handled by
Google Checkout, instead we contact Ecrater server for coupon codes.
Therefor coupons have to be setup on Ecrater's system. Please contact
Ecrater about this issue as they should be able to help you configure your
coupon settings onto their system if possible

can any one help me I have searched the posts and helps and I can't even find any where to contact ecrater accept for right here!

thanks in advance!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you have the USPS calculated shipping on eCrater is using the Merchant calculation (as they call it) and coupon code is not part of it. So it doesn't work.

So no way to offer Google Checkout coupons when you have the shipping calculator enable.

It would work with the shipping matrix or fixed shipping options without problem.

Contacting eCrater will not change this. I already went through that when I tried to offer coupon in my store. But to reach the contact form when you are at eCraters homepage at the bottom right there is a tab for "Contact".

By the way you have Cash on Delivery (COD) as payment method. That is not such a good idea. Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=3756
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:
So no way to offer Google Checkout coupons when you have the shipping calculator enable.

Wow! I hadn't heard that. If that little tidbit isn't yet in the GCO and Shipping Calculator info threads it definitely should be.

I sure hope eCrater is working on improving how the Shipping Calculator works...
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
ACRead wrote:

Wow! I hadn't heard that. If that little tidbit isn't yet in the GCO and Shipping Calculator info threads it definitely should be.

I sure hope eCrater is working on improving how the Shipping Calculator works...

Thanks for reminding me, I'll put it up in FAQ. Mentioned it a time or two, but didn't catch anyones eye.

When I was asking about the Google Coupon thing Dimitar he'll be adding support for coupons. I don't know at what time. But probably not very immediate. But it is in the plans.
genevievescloset

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 8:32 am    Post subject: ok so how do I use the shipping matrix? Reply with quote

Thanks for the input! so I onlu just got ecrater to stop offering 1.00 for shipping??? how does th the shipping matrix work?
acread

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 9:08 am    Post subject: Re: ok so how do I use the shipping matrix? Reply with quote

genevievescloset wrote:
Thanks for the input! so I onlu just got ecrater to stop offering 1.00 for shipping???

I don't understand what you mean by that. eCrater will charge however you set up your shipping. If it was charging $1.00, that means that is how you set it up (knowingly or not).
Quote:
how does th the shipping matrix work?

Please read: http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2461

There are other topics on shipping. You can find them with the Search feature at the top of the page.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 4:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ACRead wrote:

Thanks for reminding me, I'll put it up in FAQ.

Thanks, AC.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: