eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

I'm going to get this figured out yet!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 8:49 am    Post subject: I'm going to get this figured out yet!! Reply with quote

Critique me please. I cant figure out what I am doing wrong. More lookers than the big E, but no buyers. Google and Froogle rankings are actually high when I do a generic search. Do you think maybe its just no feedback on this site yet? Im trying to figure this out as I need to get busy listing Valentines and Easter soon.

Do you think maybe a name change? Can I have more than one site here?

Thanks in advance any and all input welcome.

Deda
henhousegiftsandcollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.Just noticed this one spelling mistake
Quote:
Victorain Baby

You might also fill out your FAQ's and about pages.If you have feedback on th ebig E you can add a link to your feedback over there.It won't be clickable but anyone who wants to check it out will be able too.I would think you would do well as Valentine's day approaches.Just keep promoting your shop
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Upstate Find, since I once played with the thougth of becoming an Art Therapist, I am still very close to Art and love your store! To answer honestly, your store name could be a little bit more indicative of what type of items you offer for sale. (But that is true for the majority of store names, including mine, LOL). I think something like Art Prints (keep it simple) would work, or, in case there's another store named that already, add on one word that makes it different. Something like, "Art Prints Realm," etc.

I think your observation of the zero feedback being a problem at the outset is very astute, too. I have 2300 on FeePay with just 3 negs; but here I have zero. People who do not come to my store directly following the link on my ME page do not know this. When you sell something here, only those who pay with PayPal or Goggle Checkout can leave a feedback. But sometimes, they don't either. So, it may take ten or more sales before you actually start accruing feedback here, but I am sure it will happen.

You have real nice items! Very Happy
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:

I think your observation of the zero feedback being a problem at the outset is very astute, too. I have 2300 on FeePay with just 3 negs; but here I have zero. People who do not come to my store directly following the link on my ME page do not know this.

In my opinion, the only people feedback might matter to are those who are used to eBay. Other online stores don't have feedback, so why should people look for it at eCrater?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

upstate --

I would add an actual Welcome message to the front page as well as About Us and a FAQ. Give people an idea of who you are, where you're coming from and a sense of security. Having all that info -- even if people don't actually read it -- makes you look more professional and shows that you've really thought it out. When I go to your front page, without actually browsing your items I have no idea -- even from the featured categories -- what you sell. If I don't know what it is you're selling I may not browse the items at all.

You might also come up with a logo to help make the store more memorable -- something to imprint into people's heads.

Just a few thoughts.
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 12:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet, you wrote:

"In my opinion, the only people feedback might matter to are those who are used to eBay. Other online stores don't have feedback, so why should people look for it at eCrater?"

While I basically agree with your statement, the decision whether or not feedback is going to be shown on this site was made by the owner(s) of the site. Once the decisions was made that FB WILL be exhibited as part of the seller's profile on each listing, I think, there is a legitimate concern or at least some anxiety regarding how to accumulate FB when you are starting from the scratch - thus the OP brought up an important point.

Enjoy your day!
Laughing
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder --- if you got crappy feedback on ebay WHAT stops you from finding a sellers that sells similiar stuff as you do from finding a seller with great feedback and posting their URL and claiming it's you --- NOTHING
No one would no without major searching etc. They won't take the time.

So in my opinion - a seller attempting to prove they can be trusted creates questions to me as to why they feel they need to do this.

Most store shoppers are NOT ebay shoppers and are not used to a feedback system of any kind.

JUST MY OPINION
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 9:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMan,

This is a very interesting conversation, alas, I have the feeling we are all saying basically the same thing...from a different approach. Personally, I would feel fine eiher way, with or without FB.

While poopsheet and you mention that feedback is actually (1) irrelevant to somebody's succes if the service and seller performance is good and (2) it is quite uncommon for an on-line store to have feedback at all (I agree with both statements), it is a FACT that (3) the site developers think differently since it was their idea to place a feedback box on each listing page?

Once we accept that this fact appears to be a decision OP and others have no influence over, I think it is understandable that somebody with zero feedback (here) is wondering how potential buyers would compare his / her feedback number with somebody else's feedback number who made more sales?

My response was given to topic number 3 above; and both you and poopsheet are talking about issues that would be, in my humble opinion, better addressed directly to the site developers (topic numbers 1 and 2).

I have, at no point perceived OP (and even less so myself) as a seller who is "attempting to prove they can be trusted" or who is in need to cover up something - just the opposite is true!

While I don't know OP's FB history, after 5 years of selling on-line and for some of this time as a PS, I do not really feel the need to proove anything to anyone. My return customers know why they return, LOL. It is a question of commitment to excellence, in everything I do, here and elsewhere. I have no reason to assume OP (upstatefinds) is different.

However, if you have accumulated excellent FB elsewhere, and IF a new site you sign up with elects to display your feedback (persumably, to indicate how reliable you as a seller are) then it is fully legitimate to ask a question about such worries (low or zero FB at the outset). Many people, and some buyers belong to these, are easily suggestable. When they see zero FB they rarely think, "Uh-humm. This must be a new seller here," or "Probably nobody left FB because they don't know how or they don't care" - but, they would more likely think," Uh-huh, so nobody is leaving feedback for this person, because (a) they did not like his / her merchandise; or (b) may be because nobody buys his / her stuff at all.

We are all second guessing here, but OP's concern, to me, sounds both logical and sincere.

Last edited by ClassicTreasures on Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
ClassicTreasures

PostPosted: Sun Dec 17, 2006 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ironically...one of my long time return buyers who just purchased two items from me a few days ago here just e-mailed me from the UK: has no idea how to leave feedback for me? I had to chuckle.

I think I have read on the boards here a few days ago that only buyers who pay with PayPal or google checkout can leave FB for ecrater purchases, and there is a link in their notification of order e-mail? If this is not correct, please let me know so I can inform the buyer. Thanks. Shocked Wink
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I think I have read on the boards here a few days ago that only buyers who pay with PayPal or google checkout can leave FB for ecrater purchases, and there is a link in their notification of order e-mail? If this is not correct, please let me know so I can inform the buyer.

Yes, only instant payments via PayPal or Google can leave feedback. IT's my understanding they receive an email from ecrater.com with a link to leave that feedback at the item of clicking through to PayPal to make the payment and again about 20 days later.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ClassicTreasures wrote:
(3) the site developers think differently since it was their idea to place a feedback box on each listing page?

I wasn't here when the feedback was added but I'd almost be willing to bet that it was at the suggestion of users who came here from eBay. I could be wrong, of course.

My only real point is that the feedback here is so inaccurate and full of holes (way moreso than eBay, which is saying a lot) for various reasons that -- while I appreciate my customers who leave it -- I do my best to ignore it.

Another thing is that on eBay I think a huge percentage of people don't even look at feedback. Maybe they look at the fb score (we're reduced to a score!) but not the feedback itself. And at eCrater I figure if people can't be bothered to even read the description and considering it's not an auction site why would they go looking for feedback?

I really believe that as long as your store looks professional, you've got all your bases covered and you treat your customers well then you don't need to worry about feedback.

I know it's there and we don't have an option and it seems like the Great Beast but it's not.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Dec 18, 2006 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

accoring to my feedback HERE
22 orders in the past month ... absolutley NOT one feedback

Matter of fact I haven't had a feedback since October.

I have done some checking - and all but 2 of my feedback have been left be customers that I know came from ebay.
Interesting
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your interesting feedback on this topic!

My Uncle passed away so didn't get back to this thread sooner. Been down in the dumps and trying to deal with Christmas also.
But anyway,
I'm going to start working on my Welcome page and other pages after Christmas. I have often thought of changing my name but I have worked hard to get the upstatefinds splattered all over the internet. Not that I am sure thats done any thing for me or not.
I have a myspace page and some day hope to figure that whole thing out also.

I did how ever make my first Ecrater purchase. Haven't recieved it yet (hasn't been long enought to get here) I was sent an email with the directions for leaving feedback. I did get an email from the seller right away as to when it would be shipped. Found so far the purchase to be very fast and very easy.

My only complaint as a buyer is trying to just find that sellers items. was not easy I always like to see what else that seller has if I am going to make a purchase and order all at once. This time I used paypal next time I want to try google. When I go to see other items I am pretty sure it took me to all items listed on Ecrater. This is a nice easy site to list on from the sellers end but the buyers point of veiw that counts the most. When I click on an item on Froogle it takes me to all listed on Ecrater. Would a buyer think they where all from the same seller? How does the shipping charges work then?
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

never mind I found how to see the sellers other items, for some reason when I clicked on the store link the other day I couldn't get it to work, but today works fine.
jwautographs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally think feedback is highly overrated. May I suggest that you place some testimonials on your about me page(be sure to ask for permission from the buyer).

As a seller, I personally follow-up on every transaction via email to thank the customer again and welcome direct comments from them about my product, service, etc.

I am a Powerseller at the big place and know that feedback is looked at often there. But, in many instances, it is looked at more so to find out who is buying my items not necessarily what they are saying. You can get a good idea about a seller when you see who is doing the buying!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: