eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Googe Checkout order notificaiton failing
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teelabooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Googe Checkout order notificaiton failing Reply with quote

Has anybody received any email messages today from Google?

They are saying the following:

We've made several unsuccessful attempts to send order notifications to your notification callback URL, https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php As a result, you aren't receiving order status, risk, or other notifications.

Although I received a purchase order receipt from Google earlier, I did notice that eCrater is not showing a purchase for today.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you say eCrater is not showing purchase today, are you looking in your Orders section of your account and not seing the new order info? Or are you basing that on the sale number that appears in product pages. Because the sales number only updates the next day morning.

Did you ever have Google Checkout orders that showed up properly before this? Or is this your first GC order?
teelabooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it is not showing in the Orders, under More Options.

I have had numerous orders through GC and never had a problem.
It seems as if someone place an order through Google checkout, but for some reason, eCrater doesn't know about it.

I checked the api callback that Google said might be the problem, but it is as it should be.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the same Google Checkout account for another website?
teelabooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I'm not. And this just started today.
I figured a lot of people were having this problem, but apparently not.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Haven't seen anything of the kind.

I'll ask eCrater. And let you know what I hear.
Comics-Emporium

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it was genuine email from Google? Sounds a lot like some emails I've seen from a fake Paypal scam long time ago. Did it provide you with other links in the email to go log into?
teelabooks

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 5:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it is a real order. I went directly to my Google checkout account for eCrater, as I never click on email links, and the order is there. The credit card has already be processed. Somehow, eCrater and Google Checkout were not communicating on this order.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed Jan 27, 2010 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please use the contact form and email all the deatils to ecrater so they can check into the issue
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 3:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As stated I already asked eCrater about it, so I don't know how doubling the effort is going to be an improvement other than putting extra strain on their mail box.

I got an answer from Dimitar. He said to make sure you don't have anything checked in the advanced settings. Please read the following: http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=1 (the second question from the buttom)
teelabooks

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The order showed up in my Orders page today at eCrater.
Which is good news.

I accessed the integration console of the Google Checkout tools section.
It shows that yesterday morning, over a one hour period, there were six attempts to connect to eCrater. All attempts failed with the following message:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php -- the error we got is org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 10000 ms.

The above might have simply been from a bad connection.
I think this may have been an isolated incident.
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to let you know that I have the same problem so teelabooks is not alone. I just got 3 Google Checkout orders this afternoon but only 2 are shown in my Orders from eCRATER (admin). I also received the same "order notification failing" email from noreply@checkout.google.com. This incident has not happened to me before; however, I'm not really concerned as I can see today's orders from GC (which were all paid for).

BTW, this actually reminds me of AC's great advice to everybody not long ago that everyone should check their GC and PayPal for new payments at least once a day.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

teelabooks wrote:
The order showed up in my Orders page today at eCrater.
Which is good news.

I accessed the integration console of the Google Checkout tools section.
It shows that yesterday morning, over a one hour period, there were six attempts to connect to eCrater. All attempts failed with the following message:

We encountered an error trying to access your server at https://www.ecrater.com/google/response-handler.php -- the error we got is org.apache.commons.httpclient.ConnectTimeoutException: The host did not accept the connection within timeout of 10000 ms.

The above might have simply been from a bad connection.
I think this may have been an isolated incident.

Did you check what I said to check?

It could have been Dimitar going in and adding that info to your Orders section. The appearance of the info does not mean things are fixed.

If you did intentionally (or accidentally) select that advanced setting mentioned, then you can attribute it to Google having momentary issued. But before you do that, go check things. Even if you think they are as they should be.
acread

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
I'd like to let you know that I have the same problem so teelabooks is not alone. I just got 3 Google Checkout orders this afternoon but only 2 are shown in my Orders from eCRATER (admin). I also received the same "order notification failing" email from noreply@checkout.google.com. This incident has not happened to me before; however, I'm not really concerned as I can see today's orders from GC (which were all paid for).

BTW, this actually reminds me of AC's great advice to everybody not long ago that everyone should check their GC and PayPal for new payments at least once a day.

Is the credit charge OK on the 3rd item (the order that is not appearing)? There has been some problem for several sellers in the past few days with credit charging taking too long (more than a day).
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AC, the unshown order had been charged successfully, about 15 mins from Order received to Order charged according to my Order history from GC.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: