eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

International Shipping

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
etradersplace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 3:58 am    Post subject: International Shipping Reply with quote

Is eCrater able to implement the international shipping options (beside the current US and Canada options?)

Because I have a few international buyers who have to email me about the shipping cost or they just do a direct check-out without paying any shipping cost. Is a hassle for both buyers and sellers.

Thanks
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 4:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can set up the shipping matrix for any country in the world that you wish to sell to. Depending on your type of product you can use it by weight or quantity whatever works best. If you have all different types of things with varying weights, by weight would probably be best. Since I sell mostly the same thing in my one store I have it set up to reflect quantity as my items vary in weight by only a few ounces.
etradersplace

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I tried to use weight previously, but the Ibs weight matrix was causing a lot of confusing, thus I drop the idea.

Just wondering if ecrater can implement a fixed amount shipping (something like what Bonanzle is doing)?

Meanwhile, I will just have to be careful and not ship out immediately for international orders.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You already have bunch of destinations selected in the Shipping Zones. If you select a destination in your Shipping Zones people from that location can make a purchase from your store (without asking you or any involvement from you.) If you did not complete the shipping matrix for all those destinations, the customers from those destinations will get charged what is already in the matrix, which by default is $0. So make sure you complete your Shipping Matrix. Or you'll be giving free shipping. And you can't go back and ask for more money after the order is put in.

Fixed shipping to is only for the 4 destinations, namely: US mainland, Alaska, Hawaii, and Canada

So regardless of choosing wieght based or fixed shipping to options you need to fill the shipping matrix for the rest of the international destination (other than the for destinations above).

Read http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=2461 for further info on Shipping Matrix.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ignore the pounds weight on the matrix (in your head anyhow) and decide that each of those weights will mean what you want it to. There are extensive posts about how to do this. Because I am willing to do combined shipping with no extra charges after a set number of items sold, after the 6# weight (or whatever the number is) in my international matrix sections I have the same price for each of the following spaces so my customers won't get charged more. My base weight on all my items is 1 so once they buy 6 or more items there is no extra charges. Obviously that is hard to do if your stuff is truly weight based, but once the lightbulb goes on in your head about how the matrix works it is fairly simple to figure it out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: