eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile
  Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   
Log inLog in

red marks

 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
crystalcreektradin



Posts: 12

PostPosted: Wed Apr 20, 2011 6:00 pm    Post subject: red marks Reply with quote

why is it when i click the red marks it say to put at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn.
i have a upc for all of them but with figurines and jewlery i have nothing else it say have at least one of them so i put in the upc and the red mark is still there could someone help.
thanks
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
mesa



Posts: 35

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:23 am    Post subject: Re: red marks Reply with quote

crystalcreektradin wrote:
why is it when i click the red marks it say to put at least two of the following: upc/ean/jan, brand, mpn.
i have a upc for all of them but with figurines and jewlery i have nothing else it say have at least one of them so i put in the upc and the red mark is still there could someone help.
thanks

Hi, please read what you copied and pasted, you need TWO of these
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat



Posts: 2401

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you have a UPC do you also have a brand name?
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
crystalcreektradin



Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
If you have a UPC do you also have a brand name?

i dont have brand name for most of my things at the company two company im trying to combine they have there own upc code. so in ecrater news it says to have a least one of them and when i hit the red mark it says i need two so which one do i listen to? should i put the upc in then ask for a exempt.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

crystalcreektradin wrote:
maggiethehousecat wrote:
If you have a UPC do you also have a brand name?

i dont have brand name for most of my things at the company two company im trying to combine they have there own upc code. so in ecrater news it says to have a least one of them and when i hit the red mark it says i need two so which one do i listen to? should i put the upc in then ask for a exempt.


brand name can be the manufacture. Unless it's old vintage, handmade, etc it should at least have a brand name. UPC's are codes are purchased from a government assigned company. You nor the company can make them up. It's a 12 digit number assigned to a specific item, even there is any change, the package, the color, anything a new upc must be used.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
crystalcreektradin



Posts: 12

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
crystalcreektradin wrote:
maggiethehousecat wrote:
If you have a UPC do you also have a brand name?

i dont have brand name for most of my things at the company two company im trying to combine they have there own upc code. so in ecrater news it says to have a least one of them and when i hit the red mark it says i need two so which one do i listen to? should i put the upc in then ask for a exempt.


brand name can be the manufacture. Unless it's old vintage, handmade, etc it should at least have a brand name. UPC's are codes are purchased from a government assigned company. You nor the company can make them up. It's a 12 digit number assigned to a specific item, even there is any change, the package, the color, anything a new upc must be used.


frist off thanks bt for your info. if upc are purchased then why do when i go through the companys item list in quickbook point of sale and look up a item they have a upc of there own. and working barcodes. i'm just getting upset at google and im not understanding it at all some of the jewelry we have here has no brand name and some of the ironwork doesnt either. here is a thought might not work but can i put the companys im buy from as a manuf. or brand? so most likely i should ask for a exemption.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing
moderator


Posts: 21854

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
why do when i go through the companys item list in quickbook point of sale and look up a item they have a upc of there own. and working barcodes.

Most likely the company purchased them http://www.upccode.net/
UPC is not just a number a company makes up.


Quote:
some of the jewelry we have here has no brand name and some of the ironwork doesnt either.

Does it have a manufacture name? What company is making it?

Quote:
here is a thought might not work but can i put the companys im buy from as a manuf. or brand?

ONLY if they are the brand or maker. If they are just a disturbutor ,, then no.
Back to top
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Help
Page 1 of 1

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum