eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eBay bulkloader

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moviefoyer

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 7:05 am    Post subject: eBay bulkloader Reply with quote

hello, I am wondering if anyone has had any problems with the eBay bulkloader.

We sell fixed price listings on eBay and want to use the eBAy bulkloader to send all our listings to our ecrater store.

Can anyone tell me if it works well and if there is anything I need to look out for while using this feature. thanks.

Alan (moviefoyer)
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Fri Aug 13, 2010 8:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used it, so I have no personal experience. I'm sure that many people have used it successfully and hopefully they will come along and give you some insight.

Unfortunately, the people who post here are the ones who have run into trouble, so it's hard to tell. The biggest problem (assuming the upload makes it through which is the first hurdle) is that the formatting is so awful and the listings have to be edited one at a time to fix them and remove Ebay-specific terms and language. Of course, they also all land in that My Ebay category and have to be moved individually.

By the time I had to do all that editing, I think I could just do a new listing with the copy function in the same amount of time. Plus, I think the constant activity of listing a few new things every day keeps your store fresh and keeps the bots crawling, if I understand correctly, fresher than just editing current items. I could be wrong on that, but someone smarter than me posted it. Wink

It's not really the grand thing that the Ebay refugees were hoping for, but I believe it does "work" within the parameters of its setup.

Good luck!!

Becky Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: