eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

turning Traffic into sales

View previous topic :: View next topic  
starrsdivadesigns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:48 am    Post subject: turning Traffic into sales Reply with quote

My store newly moved to ecrater & we're a pretty big estore.
We are getting alot of traffic/hits but is there anything special i should be doing to turn all this traffic into sales or is it just a waiting game now? Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep in mind that you are a drop shipper and many of your hits will be from other sellers of the same lines checking your prices etc.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You for sure want to get rid of your COD payment option.
starrsdivadesigns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: about turning traffic into sales Reply with quote

To reply to your comment "Starr's Diva Designs" does not have or except any COD option. I get lots of traffic on my store site & i don't think its necessarily other people selling. I have lots of advertisements out & even in all the major search engines.
We are also on facebook. The Diva store has been around for over a year now. We are not new & just threw up some website.
Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Payment Options: Money Order, Cash On delivery, Personal Check

Straight off of one of your listings. COD means Cash on Delivery, an antiquated payment system that in this day of credit cards and other payment options is pointless. It means you have to ship without payment and pay the PO to collect the money for you on delivery of your merchandise and then remit it to you. In other words. You ship and hope eventually you will get your sales price and shipping costs less the PO fee.

As to your other question: Yes, it is now a waiting game.
starrsdivadesigns

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know what COD means but reguardless we do not offer it reguardless of if you know what it means or not. That is cash on delivery & has nothing to do with credit. The diva store will not ship anything to anyone unless your order is paid in full. your taking a real risk of being ripped off by just hoping you get paid. The diva store will not do business like that.
We except all major credit cards/debit,money orders ,checks & locally we'll exceot cash. We also have a layaway plan.
We sell over 500 items & growing.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Promoting items via FB and twitter cause hit counts to go up from a few to 20 or 30.

It is good that you are promoting items. You have a lot of competition for your product line but selling on line is a lesson in patience.
pegshandworkandstuff

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from your FAQ
What is you methods of payment excepted?
our methods of payment excepted are: paypal,google checkout,debit/credit,checks,money orders,wired cash. our choose n' Layaway plans: checks,money orders,wired cash. Sorry,no debit/credit or paypal excepted

confusing about paypal? and cash is not a accepted ecrater payment option
good luck with your store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 9:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please note that you are using the word excepted when you mean accepted. Since they are exact opposite in meaning you need to change that.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

starrsdivadesigns wrote:
I know what COD means but reguardless we do not offer it reguardless of if you know what it means or not. That is cash on delivery & has nothing to do with credit. The diva store will not ship anything to anyone unless your order is paid in full. your taking a real risk of being ripped off by just hoping you get paid. The diva store will not do business like that.
We except all major credit cards/debit,money orders ,checks & locally we'll exceot cash. We also have a layaway plan.
We sell over 500 items & growing.

They are telling you to log into your admin area click Payment Options and uncheck the COD box if you don't want to have COD as a payment option.

BTW your store has been suspended. Probably for offering "wire transfers" as a payment option. This is against eCrater's TOS.
May be other issues as well. Cannot see your product listings.

eCrater does not notify store owners when stores are suspended for violations of their terms.
They feel that it is up to the store owner to:

1. Identify the problem
2. Correct it
3. Contact eCrater when the problem has been fixed.

You may read the eCrater Terms at: http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php

You can contact eCrater at: http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
Good Luck resolving this problem.

ralph
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I know what COD means but reguardless we do not offer it reguardless of if you know what it means or not. That is cash on delivery & has nothing to do with credit.

Some people on this forum haven't always known what COD meant which is why I took the trouble to clarify it. Since you WERE offering COD, I gave a further explanation. So glad you hear that you know what you are doing at this point, although since you got suspended apparently you don't know what you are doing. COD is an acceptable payment method on ecrater but not a realistic one. However things like cash, layaway and wire transfers aren't. You can only use ecrater accepted methods of payment or else get suspended.

When someone has been on this site for a long time, you might want to pay attention to their suggestions, especially when you are new. We are only trying to help.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: