eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

ebay importer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
whiashop

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:13 am    Post subject: ebay importer Reply with quote

It keeps giving me an error message saying, "Row 1: Invalid header line". Can anyone help me fix this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2011 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

does it say PASSED with errors?
if so ... ignore the error and ecrater team will take care of it.
StephaniteSilverandBeyond

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:27 am    Post subject: Ebay importer...argghhh Reply with quote

I keep getting the same error..I keep trying to go back and fix ANYTHING and even delete my listings on ebay to find out what is causing this issue. I can't keep doing this. Why doesnt eCrater be specific on what the problem is, that would be more helpful.
I get passed with errors then Row 1: Invalid header line then a few days later "FAILED" I dont get it? What does "row 1 mean? where is it located? Someone HELPPPP pleaseeee.
rstmanuals

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you import your ebay lisitings it creats a data file (spreadsheet) as in excel but in .cvs format which excel can open. If you open that file you can edit details like prices before you import into eCrater. If you can open that file check Row 1 in the spreadsheet and see what is there. It is probably something that eCrater does not have a match for. You may need to edit it or delete it. That is also a great place to adjust options in bulk or prices before importing the file into eCrater. Hope I got that correct and I hope ti helps.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you so much for your help....If it is in a .cvs file format and I can open it and edit the details how do I get to the .cvs file on Ebay?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeahhh ,,,I found out how to get my .cvs file.

However in Row 1 eCrater is saying it has invalid header line...my Row 1 from ebay has the following accross the page:
Item ID Custom Label Product ID Type Product ID Value Product ID Value 2 Quantity Available Purchases Bids Price Start Date End Date Condition Type Item Title Category Leaf Name Category Number Private Notes Site Listed Download Date Variation Details Product Reference ID Condition ID

This is the TOP ROW (ROW 1) what ebay has for the listings. I don't understand. Doesn't everyone else who downloads .cvs get the same thing on the first row like what I have?....Please help again..:/
rstmanuals

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2012 7:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am only guessing now but I wonder if that is considered a header and not Row 1. Check the row below it and see what is there. If that is the listing titles check to see if any are too long for the number of characters that ecrater allows. Good luck with it. Wish I could help more.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: