eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Critique please

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MaritimeArts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:35 pm    Post subject: Critique please Reply with quote

Hi there. Have been stocking my store for several days now and reading and reading the forums to familarize myself and answer some newb questions.

If anyone has the time, can you give me a critique on what I have listed? I would really appreiate any advice. I have sold online before and was pretty successful on a handmade site. I didn't have to do much SEO stuff or marketing as they have their own base so I am hoping I am doing things right to be found. I know I will always learn new things to apply but would appreciate any words of wisdom.

I sell handmade costumes and historical clothing so I have a pretty narrow niche. I have about 1/2 of what I want listed up right now and am listing daily and tweaking the listings. Am also reading everything I can think of to not be a pest and have to ask questions of you good peeps.

I market on Twitter and FB and Pinterst and on some blogs so I think I am good at understanding having to drive traffic here.

At any rate....thank you in advance for your help. Very Happy
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you use Pinterest, you might like wanelo.com as well. I put a few of my items up there and get a lot of traffic from it.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BTW you have beautiful items and they are well-shot!
MaritimeArts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you thecheapskirt Very Happy I am not a photographer but do try and take clear and bright pictures of the clothing.

I will definately look into the link. I just started with Pinterest and am getting used to that. Any new place to market is a good thing Very Happy
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI some little things

The last line on your front page "Turn the pages of history in one of our creations!" is cut off when I view it in Firefox on a Mac. I know different browsers (and different monitors) show this area differently.

In your FAQ, you have a couple of typos: "ploocies" "receied" "t"

Also in your terms: "que" (should be queue) "countries" (should be country's)

One one of your listings you say "(Please see size chart in pictures for measurement breakdown)" but there is no size chart in the pictures (you do have one in text below it though).

I have encountered MANY people who do not know how to properly measure themselves. I wonder if a brief description in the FAQ would help them? (sure wish we could have pics there, a diagram would really help) Or maybe pointing them to a website that explains how to do it? It is amazing how many people really have no clue... I would think your niche buyers would but the person coming along looking for a costume, etc might not.
MaritimeArts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for taking time to do this Very Happy

I fixed the typos and said errors...lol. Thank you. Fat fingered the keyboard I suppose...lol.

Great idea on the how to measure FAQ.....I am trying to locate a good webpage and then ask if I an share their link. I think it would be a good thing. I don't have too many problems but I do have a few and that would take care of it
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow! Your items are very cool!
I would work on the logo because it is seen on every page. I would try to make your name a little clearer to see.
I use MS Paint to make mine.
hocadobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your logo could be a bit more clear to read, you might eliminate the text beyond your actual store name. There are some great on line logo makers available for FREE. Also, you have stretched the limit on your home page so that not all of your text is there. It seems to be the only page where eCrater will not let us ramble on - probably for good reason.
Great job! Best wishes!
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hocadobi wrote:
Also, you have stretched the limit on your home page so that not all of your text is there.

Might be YOUR browser. Looks fine on mine.
Even on my phone and my computer and laptop.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
hocadobi wrote:
Also, you have stretched the limit on your home page so that not all of your text is there.

Might be YOUR browser. Looks fine on mine.
Even on my phone and my computer and laptop.

Right, but since some of us are seeing the text cut off, that means that customers will as well.
hocadobi

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are right cheapskirt, not every one has the same browser. FYI - FireFox cuts it off - so then it might do that for everyone else as well with FF. Google Chrome is fine with room left over. Embarassed I wonder if admin has a solution for this.
MaritimeArts

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all for the help. I appreciate the looking Very Happy

I am working on a new logo and front page. Something clean and not so busy. Needs to be bigger and brighter I think.

You guys are awesome!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: