eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to personnalize your eCrater store...
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 8:41 am    Post subject: How to personnalize your eCrater store... Reply with quote

I love eCrater and have decided to work on my shop this month.

I wonder if there is a way to give my store more peronnality and a more unusual look besides changing the colors of the basic design.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: One more thing... Reply with quote

I changed the color of the template, but only the search banner at the top changed.

If I go to look at all the templates, they look like the middle banner background is also supposed to change color. I am talking about the banner with the thumbnails.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:25 am    Post subject: Re: One more thing... Reply with quote

artinsilk wrote:
I changed the color of the template, but only the search banner at the top changed. On the home page, you are correct. On the other pages, the item title and the prices change color to match the search banner.

If I go to look at all the templates, they look like the middle banner background is also supposed to change color. I am talking about the banner with the thumbnails. The photos are from the old view of our home page. They are still correct for color choice, but the color is applied to the current style of the home page. You can not change the style of the page, only the color, the photo on the left and the top banner. You can also change from random products to featured categories. You have some choice with the photos you upload for your categories.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 10:48 am    Post subject: Thank you... one more question. Reply with quote

On the listing, I want to add links to the same item but different dimensions.

I know we cannot use html, so what do you suggest I do, should I just put a link and ask shoppers to open in a new window?
ladyknightsjewelry

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can also coordinate the home page with borders of the logo, the home page image and the category photos, so that it matches the template.

If you take a screen shot of the home page and then use the color picker tool in your photo program you can match the color template exactly and then use that color

These are a couple of my stores.
See here:
http://www.ladyknightsjewelry.ecrater.com
http://tradingcardsknightsunlimitedllc.ecrater.com/

LKJ
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 11:41 am    Post subject: Thank you for the two links... Reply with quote

Very inspiring, I think I can improve the general look of my store.

I appreciate.

If anyone has links to their stores and want to share, I would love to see what you have done.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Artinsilk, I have long admired your scarves but think your home page image does not do justice to your work. You have one plain solid color scarf in a neutral tone shown. I would put a photo of one of your more flamboyant scarves and preferably one that has the burgundy or red of the frame in it.
I also think you can make your banner pop more by boxing it in.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I always like to change my Homepage image and logo every now and then using MS paint. It is very easy to do.

www.lastade-designs.ecrater.com
artinsilk

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 4:12 pm    Post subject: @the livesandloves... Reply with quote

You are so right... Thank you for helping. I know it is not working the way I changed it today.

I was looking at my "flamboyant" scarves and could not find a photo I really liked. I guess it is because I am working on some new hand painted silk and the last Winter creations are not what I want for the look.

I am going to apply your suggestions this evening and tomorrow anyway, and repost to hear what you think.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Look at this store ... www.Promote.ecrater.com
The KEY in the category buttons is because promoting is the key to your success.

another home page that has been customized ... http://kjsweddingshop.ecrater.com/

There are ways you can make the store personally yours if you just think outside the box a little
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 23, 2012 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think your store looks very nice but the titles to your featured categories are disappearing off the bottom of your page. I changed some of my titles but, when I previewed my store they were too long so I had to shorten them back down. Looks like my store could still use some work. It doesn't look anywhere near as professional as some of the one I saw posted above.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:11 pm    Post subject: I manage to make a few improvements... Reply with quote

Thank you for all the points of views.

I am still working on the titles in the front page, not sure how to make the titles not disappear, except through making them smaller.

I have way too many categories, I need advice here.

Should I do the categories by colors, like all the shawls and scarves in the same red category. Or should I keep them separated like red shawls and red scarves therefore keeping all this bunch of categories.

How would you shop in my store? by colors or by items (shawls, or scarves or belts, etc).
artinsilk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: to lastade design... Reply with quote

I love your crocheted cookies photo. What a great and attractive idea. I smiled and almost went to my real cookies box...

It gives a humorous feel to your website. You did a great job with your front page in general.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes alot of people prefer to search by color so it is a good to idea to keep them seperated by color. When I looked at your color categories there were so many words in the titles that my eyes jumped around the left side of the page while I was trying to differentiate between them. You may wish to shorten down the titles so they are easier to focus on, and most people would still have a good idea of what colors each category includes. Just a thought.

Your categories are named like this:

CHAMPAGNE, TAN, SAND, PEACH, MELON SORBET Silk Shawls (3)

You could try something like this:

-Peaches & Creams (which would include the oranges, pale yellows, creams, tans, etc.)

or

Roses & Corals

People love when you name a color (like many of the ones in your store) after fruits or flowers because it makes the item sound bright & tasteful like a fruit or beautiful like a flower. When they associate something they already love (scarves) with other items they love (fruits, flowers, etc.) it makes the item look way more appealing to them. So that's good that you are already doing this.
artinsilk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2012 4:14 pm    Post subject: Great... Reply with quote

to bearcreekcreations.

I love your input, the idea of putting the colors with plural "s" is great, and the fruits and flowers comment is precious.

I know my categories titles have to be redone.

So let's say I have the 'Peaches & Corals" category, would you find it great to have both shawls, scarflettes and scarves into it?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: