eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Seasonal Items
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:42 pm    Post subject: Seasonal Items Reply with quote

^_^

Found a solution to the Candy disclaimer. Me and the store owner figured since we have them only during Fall and winter that we should offer something during Spring and Summer.

So here is our list so far:

Spring and Summer:

Potpourri
Bath Comets
Bath Potion Crystals
Sachets
Floofies

Fall and Winter:

Peanut Brittle
Fudge
Hard Candy

What do you all think?

Last edited by moonlightpotionsandlotions on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm; edited 1 time in total
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds ok...print color is easy to read in black Wink Are you explaining what Bath bombs & Floofies are first time users may not know ...Assume nothing. Wink

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So in other words assume that they already know? Ok ^_^

Meaning I should totally take that description off? But I can leave how they are packaged and what not right?
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No...No...No! Please explain what these items are as not All shoppers are familiar with them or, may not be familiar with them.

Foofies...used with...for....

A bientt!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahh. Such as I did? OR with better word phrasing?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why not delete the CaNDY cateogry since you don't have it til fall?

BETTER YET --
Change the category name to
CANDY - Sold from September- March only

That way folks now you have it and might be back.

Last edited by bigtallmensclothing on Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonlightpotionsandlotions wrote:
Ahh. Such as I did? OR with better word phrasing?

Better phrased...tell them how to use it.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't get why these are Seasonal items

Spring and Summer:

Potpourri
Bath Comets
Bath Potion Crystals
Sachets
Floofies

Don't folks use these all year round?
I would never think to look in a seasonal item category for them

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

For what we put in them and when we will be offering them. Yes people use them all year round but if you think about it during the spring and summer most people purchase these a lot more.

These are so that when we must stop selling the candy due to the higher temperatures and humidity, we do not have less items. or rather we still offer a wide selection. and that the reoccurring customers (if we get any) will know when they want candy in the fall to come to us or for floofies during the spring.

Am I making ANY sense?
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Am I making ANY sense?

Not really. If folks buy them all year long why not offer them all year long?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Because this is how Mama-San wishes to run her store. She is making a Seasonal section for ite,s that SHE herself will make during these times.

during Fall and winter it is much harder to find potpourri ingredients and the fizzies , where we live, are hard to make during the colder weather.

The bath crystals are a ... how shall i put it... more of a lets see how this works right now... Type of item.

And the Floofies since it is hard to find these particular feathers she is only able to offer it at certain times of the year.

Does this make any sense now?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How about this: How do other candy makers ship their products during the warm months?

If you could figure out a way to do it then you could skip all of the other hassle.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seeings how they have a refrigerated truck we can not do that. We thought of putting them in cooler bags but that is just tacky. we thought of idea after idea and ended up throwing those ideas away.

Also other than the big name brand candy companies many home businesses do not ship during the hotter months because a shipping truck (USPS, FED EX, And UPS) get up higher than 140 degrees fereinheight (SP) So... for the safety and satisfaction of our customers we came up with this idea of havening certain items only available during certain seasons.

I personally thought it was a GREAT idea.
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 5:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonlightpotionsandlotions wrote:
Seeings how they have a refrigerated truck we can not do that. We thought of putting them in cooler bags but that is just tacky. we thought of idea after idea and ended up throwing those ideas away.

Also other than the big name brand candy companies many home businesses do not ship during the hotter months because a shipping truck (USPS, FED EX, And UPS) get up higher than 140 degrees fereinheight (SP) So... for the safety and satisfaction of our customers we came up with this idea of havening certain items only available during certain seasons.

I personally thought it was a GREAT idea.

I also have the same issue in shipping my Cookie Dough...so I state in the description and everywhere I can that: We do not ship in temps above 70 degrees. I am going to change that to just say during the Summer months. If you are handeling perishables you cannot possibly ship year round without problems.

I checked with the possibility of dry Ice... Crying or Very sad the packaging was $16.00+ just for the ice and the cooler, postage is added to that price. Crying or Very sad My Dough sells for $12.95. No one will pay that for dog treats perishables are different, there is a great deal to consider.

Kris...you might discuss the shipping notice idea, that I use, with Mama-San see if it makes sence to her to do something like that. As far as the feathers and other supplies that you say are not available year-round look into on-line suppliers, I buy all of my treat ingredients from Whole Foods Market but, the Joint supliments are from a bulk supplier I found on-line. There are suppliers of many things that you need available with just a Google search or, ASK.COM.

OOOPs.. the sun is up..time to walk the Beagles. East Coast Time Wink

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok. I do not wish to offend anyone, But believe us we looked. We went nearly a month on a different site after site. We looked everything up with ingredients. We get most of ours off of Ebay and health food stores around here. But there are certain factors that keep us from supplying a few things year round. Mama-San has attempted to make candy and Me and my boyfriend have driven around and the fudge was melted and the peanut brittle had bubbled and this is in a simple white Oldsmobile convertible, so what do you think will happen in a shipping truck that exceeds 140 in the summer months?

Mable white, a big company, clarifies it right under their chocolate the same exact thing we do. here is a link Mable White Chocolate
Mable White wrote:
Storage of Chocolate: Most companies do not ship to sell bulk chocolate during the summer months because shipping trucks can exceed 140 degrees inside. Typically they stop shipping from April to October as we do. If shipped mid-summer, the recipient most likely receives a warm pound plastic bag of chocolate instead of coins, wafers, bars. Some companies will sell, as long as a waiver is clear. When making chocolate we keep the room under 70 degrees

For the suppliers, We have searched online for suppliers for feathers, gel caps, botanicals, etc. Yes we forgot about the permits and such, but we are not all that stupid, we do know, to an extent, what we are doing. It just so happens that we are novices where most of you are experts or what not.

As I said none of this is here to offend anyone. I am just tryign to CLARIFY what we have done. This thread was here to ask what everyone thought and it seems that one person in particular never seems to like what I put. Its not enough for them. Well, here it is. This store is not a clothing store, it is not a wholesalers store, it is not an antiques store, This store has products that are handmade, per order, no sooner no later, all natural ingredients no petroleum by products, nothing. These are products that have a formula that she has worked on for many years and has found the perfect combination for most of it. We do not by our products from someone else and then resale it. WE create it in our own kitchen and to top it off we do NOT own an air conditioner so even if we wanted to make candy during the summer months we couldn't.

Now Has this cleared anything up for ANYONE?

Cookie lady you know, by experience, how hard it is to make your products in the summer months so you understand where we are coming from.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: