eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

payment options and safety and so on

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
laurie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:48 pm    Post subject: payment options and safety and so on Reply with quote

Hello everyone!
I am new to ecrater and the world of selling online. I am using ecrater to promote and sell my book that I just wrote. I am quite excited!

What does everyone find the best forms of payment? I am leering away from paypal because of the transaction fees (they are a little higher for me, because I am Canadian), and I can't use google (because of that). I am leaning towards more just doing money orders - is that the best idea? Any other input? Is a cashier's cheque just like a money order? Are these safe?
Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

NOTHING IS 100% SAFE

Most online buyers want fast easy payment options. Money orders, checks, etc require them to do more then they want to do. Unless you have a product that is highly sought you really need to make things as easy as you can for the buyer.

PayPal fees are a fact of doing business. If you got you own merchant account (which would NOT work with ecrater.com anyway) you would pay more then PayPal due to monthly min and such.

Add the cost of the fees into your price just like any other business would do.
laurie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I realize that nothing is 100% safe. I just was sort of more or less wondering HOW safe.

Smile

I did my research re: merchants(not paypal). I just am not choosing that option. My main selling area isn't via internet, either way. It's just another way for me.
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know about Canada BUT in the states - particularly my bank, international money orders are costly to deposit - $5 each.
There is the risk of them being stolen or counterfeit. This can take 30+ days before you find out.
Traveler cheques, Cashiers Checks have the same risk. I would never take a traveler check for an online payment - they are very very risky.
laurie

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 4:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks - I was going to head to the bank tomorrow so I'll check that stuff out.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2007 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's likely that not accepting some form of online payment will limit the sales you can make online. Online shopping is definitely about convenience and a lot of folks want to take care of the whole transaction "right now".

Maybe raise the price of your book by a buck to offset the fees?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: