eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Checkout still active?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
willworkforbeads

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 2:42 pm    Post subject: Google Checkout still active? Reply with quote

I've been using Google Checkout for quite a while, and I know it's being discontinued as of Nov. 20. However, a sale was made Aug 28, and I can't get to the Checkout page to charge the buyer's card. It keeps demanding that I sign up for Google Wallet, which only works for selling digital goods.

Is anyone else having this problem, or just me? I've emailed my buyer that I will cancel the Google sale, and have asked her to re-purchase via PayPal. This Google snafu may have cost me a sale.

Thanks for any insight!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

contact eCrater about it. They might be able to get it straightened out.
willworkforbeads

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it's more of a Google issue than e-crater. When trying to sign in to the Google checkout page, it stops at the Google Wallet sign-up page, with no way to move past it. I've sent an email to Google support, but I've found them to be less than helpful recently.
oakteakstore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the problem, you cannot get any good answers from Google. eCrater has links there, and they might be able to help. Try them and see.
http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you tried logging in here?

https://accounts.google.com/ServiceLogin?service=sierra&ltmpl=seller&continue=https://checkout.google.com/merchantSignInRedirect

If so and still can't log in, contact Google

em
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just signed into my checkout account, no problems. Did not see anything suggesting I sign up for Wallet, other than the same box at the top of the orders screen, that we have seen since May.
willworkforbeads

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 8:17 pm    Post subject: It's cool now! Reply with quote

Thanks for the help! I was finally able to sign in and the charge authorization I started from E-crater this morning actually went thru. Still not sure what the problem was, but looks like it's all good now!

E-crater has the best community Very Happy Thanks again- Marta
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:10 pm    Post subject: Re: It's cool now! Reply with quote

willworkforbeads wrote:
Still not sure what the problem was

It's not a "problem"...at least not for Google, which designed it to work that way. If you're in Google Checkout...and you sign out...the next page that appears is often the Google Wallet page, not Google Checkout. Google Checkout users need to use the link that eCrater admin provided in this thread...and that SheilaDee and others have posted several times.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just got an order last night and the buyer selected GCO as their payment method but, Goodle cancelled the transaction and wouldn't let me process their card. Usually they tell me why the sale was cancelled (buyer has insufficient funds, buyers was flagged as a high risk and problematic customer, or possible stolen card, etc.) but this time, it didn't specify why. It just said the sale was cancelled.

Makes me wonder if they did that to try and force me to go ahead and shut down my google account early? If it happens again with the next GCO order, I'll know that google simply doesn't want to process the order. If anyone else gets a GCO order and google cancels it for no reason, let me know. I may be jumping to conclusions but, google has already sent me about 3 emails trying to encourage me to go ahead and close my account and remove GCO from my store. The last email I got stated that If I left my account open until their deadline to close date, that if I get any orders during the 2 weeks prior to that date that they may not process the order or my funds may be delayed for a few weeks.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Sep 02, 2013 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My last order was the 27th with no problems. I have my account set to automatically charge so if a charge doesn't go through, I don't ever know why.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Sep 04, 2013 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't use them anymore as I changed my bank and when I tried to verify the amount deposited I couldn't as the page wouldn't continue. I contacted Google and got a less than helpful reply (in other words forget it seemed to be their answer) about security. I just decided to forget it as they didn't help at all.
Bananas

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 9:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Had a gco sale on the 26th, Google said customer needed to update card info... I e'd customer... they updated the following day... it was a brand new gco acct, so kind of odd that they would need to "update" anything.... anyway...

Order was charged on the 27th, payout was allegedly made on the 29th... money would've normally been in my acct by the following day... still not there 7 days later...

Called my bank yesterday, they could find nothing on it... they gave me Chase (ugh) Bank's ph #... called them... took half hour of crazy, but they gave me a # for Google... sat on hold for 50 mins while I did dishes, laundry, etc... found Google wallet/checkout's direct # online.... called them... gal in the phillipines had a tough time with English as well as volume... total run around and waste of time...

Called the gco # again just now.... new gal in USA finally admitted that it was a tech issue on their end and will reissue payout today... SHEESH... moral to the story... check that ALL of your orders have been deposited in your bank acct.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 2:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That would be one way to get people to stop accepting GCO (although I do not believe Google would do that deliberately).
myoldejunque

PostPosted: Thu Sep 05, 2013 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a GCO sale yesterday (9/4/13) and it went through without a problem. But I did have a sale just like Bananas describes last week. A brand new buyer registered, and there was a notation that she had to up-date her card. I was thinking it was good that GCO checks all of that stuff because I might have lost the money.
hilltopshoppe

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm having trouble, too. I haven't had any recent Google Checkout sales but I've been trying to sign into my GC account so I can download, print, or save the information for my previous GC sales. But when I sign in, I don't get to my own account, even when I use the link provided above, all I get is a page announcing that GC is being retired, and it's full of information about closing your account but I can see no way to get to my own personal account info from there. So I emailed GC's help and I did get a quick response from them but it tells me to click on the "orders" tab. There is no orders tab. It's like I'm just on their website but my account isn't showing up when I sign in. I hesitate to close my account and remove it as a payment option for my store until I have retrieved my info. Is anyone else having a problem like this?
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: