eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Low Sales on my ecrater store
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
goodrock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:12 pm    Post subject: Low Sales on my ecrater store Reply with quote

I have had my eCrater store online since July of this year and have very low sales on electronics. Have filled out every page, including Terms, About, Contact, Home, and Faq. Have made local categories to best describe my items with keywords being used. Still no sales. Are there any major noticeable problems with the site that could be causing low, to no sales ? Will they pick up ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have on 9 items listed. It will be very hard for you to get noticed. Have you thought about adding more items? Do you go in and tweak things to keep search engines interested?
goodrock

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:05 pm    Post subject: adding more items & updating content Reply with quote

I am trying to add items, how many items once search engines begin to notice, and does content within pages on my store and descriptions appear to be original in that a good model to follow for best SEO optimization in future items ?
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it is more like, say if you went to some store and had 10 aisles, tons of items available, you will most likely walk out at least a pack of gum.

Now you go to a store, it has 9 items in it, I think would be the way to look at it, not so much search engines or ecrater, or other selling sites.

Also the more items you have, a wider range of keywords will attract someone for buying something they found in your store.

Say a stuffed animal (plush toys) they search for, but they see a calculator and buy that instead.
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
how many items once search engines begin to notice

The search engines will notice any new material in the site. The search engine crawlers don't care about how many items. I found items from forgotten stores in eCrater with less than 5 items in total.

As far I saw in searches in organic search engines like Google. The only thing help a lot of items in the search engines results. It is get searches with items directly related to the search item. For example I sell trading cards. I have Marvel Great Card #20 Wolverine, #21 Spider-Man, and #30 Captain America. Somebody search for card #20. Maybe it will not show in the results, but user will see #21 or #30. If the buyer take time to navigate maybe will found card #20 or other stuff interested to buy.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 9:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's not how many items you have. I will tell you, you are selling electronics and they can be very hard to sell online for a few reasons. One reason is because they make all these new products and used to be you could guarantee at least 10 years worth of use out of something before the newest version came along but these days, it seems like every few months there's something new. We spend all that money on the latest dvd player then 6 months later it's already outdated so, it's hard to keep up with.

Also, it's hard for people to buy electronics if they can't see them or test them out in person. There are too many scammers out there selling electronic items that don't even work so people are just more nervous about buying electronics from 2nd hand sellers online. What I do is take photos of the items while turned on and in use so they can see that the item does work. If it's something that has to be plugged in or hooked up to something else to work, I'll hook it up and film a video of the item working then upload that video to youtube and put a link to that video in my listing. It won't be a clickable link but you can tell your buyers to copy/paste it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What kind of promoting are you doing? You do understand that at ecrater we are all responsible for promoting and marketing our own stores? and yes 9 items is not even a drop in the bucket of item for sale on the internet. It may take a lot more items to start getting noticed. I know as I added items to my store, I got more and more sales. If you had even one high selling item in new condition and had 500 of them, you might have them flying off the shelf. But you don't, you have older used items. I saw a laser disc movie once. I've never seen another one or the equipment to run it, since then ~20+years? At least 2 of the 9 items in your store are laser discs. They aren't probably going to have a lot of takers unless you can find a forum of people that is devoted to laser discs.

Currently many of us have been experiencing slow sales for the past several months. Part of it due to changes (big ones) at Google. While we can sit back and blame Google, it is much more important to figure out what you can do to get noticed and that is where marketing comes into effect and listing more items.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 28, 2013 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You might have better luck selling the bigger items (computer, amp, etc) via Craigslist. Sometimes expensive shipping turns people off, plus selling something locally means they can check it out/power it up first.
goodrock

PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:14 am    Post subject: We're getting sales! Reply with quote

Must be the time of the year, but sales are slowly coming in. Perhaps new feed backs will help to start the year out on a good note Exclamation
girlsandglamour

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does anyone aell used clothing?
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Feb 24, 2014 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The OP is no longer in business.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you guys see ads that redirect you to a site in which the title don't match up (bogus keyword)

And it is going on a lot against "ecrater".

This is what I got from google

"Thank you for posting our Community forum. If you suspect an Advertiser, Agency or website in violation of the AdWords advertising policies, please use the link below to report them. For your reference, we do proactively look for websites that are in violation of our ad policy but we also will review any sites reported by Advertisers such as yourself.

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/176378?h

Use this for: Ads on Google that you believe might violate our advertising policies.
Best way to reach us: Fill out our ad feedback form.
What we'll do: Look into your comments and, if appropriate, take action on the ad."

I clicked the first topic "adword ads" then feedback
https://support.google.com/adwords/contact/feedback

A checkbox

"Landing page/site where you end up after clicking on the ad"

And I am going to spend some time searching a finding these bogus ads and report every dang one. And they are not hard to find, I seen one in the second page from googles front page.
marzyfashionoutlet

PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:12 am    Post subject: used clothing Reply with quote

girlsandglamour wrote:

no i only sell brand new items
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

girlsandglamour wrote:

It's hard enough as it is to sell brand new clothing with or without original tags. Used clothing rarely sells online. I donated all my used adult sized clothing & no longer sell it on here. Only used clothing I sell is kids clothing & I only do that on local listing sites where I can sell the items in lots to a local buyer. I have a few family members that give me their children's outgrown clothing to sell & it's just easier to put it on Craigslist or Tri-State Pickers & sell the whole lot for $20 or $30.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 27, 2014 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Does anyone sell used clothing?

I can't even imagine buying used clothing on line. I do buy it at my thrift store where I can be sure about no stains, rips, etc. and at great prices. But sight unseen not on your life. A lady at church and I, years ago when I was still up to going, got talking about clothing (she owned a dry cleaner and clothing repair shop) and I mentioned that after a lifetime of wearing uniforms I didn't have much in the way of decent clothes to wear to church. She asked if I would mind if she gave me some. Of course not as everything she wore was lovely. So then the bag comes home to me and I start looking through the clothes that she sent me supposedly for church activities and I couldn't believe my eyes. This woman with her knowledge of clothes had sent me a bag of clothes that I generally wouldn't even wear for cleaning out the oven or painting in. All stained and stretched out of place. Garbage as far as I was concerned and not even worth donating to our thrift store. So if a woman that I believed to be knowledgeable about clothes gave me something like that, what would someone I don't know try to pawn off onto me and others? And then there is the email fights of it is stained or the measurements aren't right and neither side gets a winning hand. I know people sell used clothes on line but I don't know who is brave enough to be their customer.

I've worn a lot of second hand clothing in my life but some stuff should just be trashed. A woman I know just had had twins and offered me the pair of pants that she wore while pregnant! I might be a big girl but not that big or that desperate for clothing especially since I can make what I need. Since adulthood, this has been the story of my life when people want to give me clothes. then I'm left tongue tied trying to figure out how to refuse these 'gifts'. Rolling Eyes
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: