eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to adjust the shipping cost in bulk?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
retro-rhythm

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: How to adjust the shipping cost in bulk? Reply with quote

I need to adjust the shipping cost for all my items that have specifically $6.50 charge to the United States. This is because Canada Post has yet again increased the charge for items of this weight. I see no option, should I just delete all my items and re-bulk upload? Is this the only way???
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

NO! You are not allowed to delete your items and reload them as a way to edit them or anything else. As far as I know you can only upload each listing once.

Have you tried the global editor? I use it when the currency exchange changes and the other day I used it to replace text in my listings. If you haven't, you might want to check it out.
retro-rhythm

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 3:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at global editor and I do not see an option that would accomplish what I'd like to do. I can increase all items price, I think there might have been a shipping adjustment, but not for specific weights or shipping charges. I forget. But I've checked the exchange rate, and I guess I'm still okay with current charge, I won't lose money. So for the moment it's a false alarm, but thank you Very Happy
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The shipping matrix doesn't really work for Canada postage if you ship a variety of weights and sizes but it comes close enough that buyers won't feel they are being gouged. Then updating postage is just a matter of updating your matrix which is no easy task if you ship worldwide, but certainly easier than updating each listing.
retro-rhythm

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why the shipping matrix start at 1lb? Is there anyway to have a shipping matrix with 50 gram intervals???????? if not , then I fear soon I may have to delete all items and re-upload even though I know this isn't allowed, how else can I sort and adjust all items without spend 100 hours doing each manually??? Never mind if I find I need to weigh everything because Canada Post has changed weight classes and now many items are borderline weights which weren't before. It seems to delete all, and re-upload is only way to get anything correct.

Nothing in life ever seems easy Mad Mad Mad Mad Mad
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

use the numbers in the matrix for what ever works for you. For me, it is the number of items bought, roughly. For you make it the 50grams intervals. You might need to play around, but you should come close.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

retro-rhythm wrote:
why the shipping matrix start at 1lb? Is there anyway to have a shipping matrix with 50 gram intervals???????? if not , then I fear soon I may have to delete all items and re-upload even though I know this isn't allowed, how else can I sort and adjust all items without spend 100 hours doing each manually??? Never mind if I find I need to weigh everything because Canada Post has changed weight classes and now many items are borderline weights which weren't before. It seems to delete all, and re-upload is only way to get anything correct.

Search the community for the words 'synthetic weight'. There are a number of posts that describe how you would do this.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can only edit shipping rates in bulk if you are using the matrix, then you just type in the new rate you wish to charge & submit. There's no way to bulk change your prices if you are using fixed rate shipping.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2014 9:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
re-upload is only way to get anything correct.

The problem is you can't do that. the bulk upload thing. You aren't allowed to use the bulk uploader to edit your items.

On the Matrix you can have those columns mean anything you want as long as you are increasing price from the first column on the left and going towards the right. I use the Matrix as number of items purchased and never had a problem. If you want a minimum 50 gram column, make that (in your mind) the first column to be 50g. The next can be 100g or whatever. in your actual listings if something is 100g, then you put in 2 on the weight spot and it all works out.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2014 12:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are in Canada, the new minimum rate for a flat padded envelope type of package is now $3.79 for up to 150 grams. I'm not sure what you are sending for a 50 gram weight unless it is trading cards. 50 grams in an envelope with stamps is only $1.34.

If you are sending small packet for items more than 20mm thick, the minimum rate is $8.03 for up to 250 grams. What are you shipping that costs $6.50 for 50 grams?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: