eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

my sales have suddenly dropped and i dont know why
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
impliedvinyl

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2014 8:29 pm    Post subject: my sales have suddenly dropped and i dont know why Reply with quote

I have been getting sales typically every one to two days, but i havent made any sales in two weeks now. Ive paid my marketplace fees, put in place the required google attributes etc. My feed on my administrator homepage doesnt say i need to do anything to keep traffic. Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Impliedvinyl.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My sales came to a screeching halt a year ago and have been limping ever since. No idea why. I have 5 stores here and some go 2-3 months without a sale.

You might want to check out the competition. Has someone been undercutting you and doing a lot of advertising? Just a thought.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 7:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Impliedvinyl. What kind of promoting are you doing? Here we really do need to market our stores and not just depend on Google stuff to get you customers.

A suggestion or two? You seems to have three categories in your store and they are all for the same type item. With 500+ decals you might want to sort them by some logical way such as sports, motor vehicle, etc. You are also getting Google ads on your listing between your description and other products for sale. That is usually because your photos are too small so you might want to increase their size which also would help to show them off better. And, this is my opinion only, to have every photo in the store with the same background is boring and makes it hard for anything to stand out. What do people use these on usually? back windshields, bumpers, what? Some suggestions for use might be beneficial to your customers.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your images are small. I picked one at random ...

http://impliedvinyl.ecrater.com/p/19455079/anarchy-symbol-vinyl-decal-sticker

The default image shows as 246 × 205 pixels. That is very small. Take new images, where at least one dimension is 800 pixels.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 8:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have Google Analytics? As far I can tell. It is the best method to discover the origin of your traffic and where/when you gain or loose it.
AudioGasoline

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Off topic, but are you licensed to be selling copyrighted images and trademarked logos from 300 bands, dozens of Sanrio characters, Skateboard & Surf Company logos, Toy Companies, The Girl Scouts, Political Party logos, Apple Computers, Dragon Optics Sunglasses, Coca-Cola, Adidas, etc, etc, etc?

If not licensed, many of your items are illegal and against Ecrater terms.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 11:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
300 bands, dozens of Sanrio characters, Skateboard & Surf Company logos, etc.

I didn't see anything that I recognized or would have brought that up as well. But then Mozart and Beethoven don't have their own bands with a loyal following. Laughing
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AudioGasoline wrote:
Off topic, but are you licensed to be selling copyrighted images and trademarked logos from 300 bands, dozens of Sanrio characters, Skateboard & Surf Company logos, Toy Companies, The Girl Scouts, Political Party logos, Apple Computers, Dragon Optics Sunglasses, Coca-Cola, Adidas, etc, etc, etc?

If not licensed, many of your items are illegal and against Ecrater terms.

I highly doubt it. But, when it comes to decals, I just think it's kind of a free-for-all and no one really cares.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
no one really cares.
Just ask those companies with those trademarks if they care or not. Whether no one cares, ecrater does and doesn't allow it.
SammysSupplies

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 1:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like they are suspended.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did some interesting research yesterday that helped me see even more clearly why some people are crying that they aren't selling (some not all as I know there are many causes). I was trying to list something on Amazon and they wanted a UPC code to do so. However my UPC code was being used for a pair of headphones that I think they had made up a UPC and had lucked out onto a real one. I'm not sure how many people know that the first 6 numbers of a UPC refer to the company that makes and distributes the product. So you wouldn't generally see a Barbie doll with the same first 6 numbers UPC as a gas can--two different companies for sure.

With checking that brand of headphones on Amazon and eBay, for those that actually used the UPC when listing, I was able to prove to Amazon that the headphones had the wrong UPC and my product (picture with UPC included for them to see) was the correct one. In doing this research I found some of the laziest sellers I'd ever want to see. Most of them barely had filled in the item specifics that eBay calls for. Like I said, most didn't have the UPC included so difficult for a buyer to judge if they were looking at the same thing or not. Some only had boilerplate about shipping for the 'description' with one or two things in the item specifics and that was all. I really hate as a buyer to see more info about shipping and returns than about the actual item. Some had a line or two about the product and still hardly any product specifics either. At least on some of the catalog pages on Amazon the products had a chance of having a bit more info as each item should have their own catalog page and all sellers could add in info to the page if they were pro-merchants. Even there though, many had started their own pages which was simpler I guess, and didn't really fill in much info.

I look at these sorts of things as both a seller and a potential buyer. Have they told me enough about the product that I can comfortably feel like I know enough about it to make a purchase? Lately as I do research, I run into this problem more and more. I guess people have fallen into the lie that selling on line is fast and easy and so they do their listings as fast as possible. In doing things so fast you don't give enough information to have buyers know what they are getting especially with poor pictures added into the mix.

I've been spending a lot of time this week tweaking the patterns that I first listed when I came here. I'm horrified at what we had up as a description, but still in many regards it was more than most sellers were putting up. As I get done tweaking each listing (and getting rid of more boilerplate in the process) I feel so much better about it and have actually sold several of those patterns that have been hanging around for a LONG while. So a suggestion, go through your inventory and look at it with a buyers eye and see if you could say more about the product pretending that no picture is showing.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 4:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Quote:
no one really cares.
Just ask those companies with those trademarks if they care or not. Whether no one cares, ecrater does and doesn't allow it.

You missed my point. I know it's trademark infringement and illegal without a proper license. It's minuscule compared to the other types of infringement they have to deal with and that's why simple sellers like this can get away with it all over the internet. This seller was only suspended because they were dumb enough to expose themselves to the forum.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Off topic, but are you licensed to be selling copyrighted images and trademarked logos from...

I saw it, but I don't focus in that issue. Wink

Quote:
You missed my point. I know it's trademark infringement and illegal without a proper license. It's minuscule compared to the other types of infringement they have to deal with and that's why simple sellers like this can get away with it all over the Internet.

You are right. Many companies focus if someone is using their logos to sell fakes items as brand/official items. It is very rare they go after someone printing their logo unless they discover is making thou$and$.

Quote:
This seller was only suspended because they were dumb enough to expose themselves to the forum.

Agree. Also it isn't the 1rst or the last one that made the mistake.

Now getting back to the sales problem. My hypothesis. It will not be a surprise that many of his/her traffic was from organic search engines like Google. Then Google's bots noted a lot of "big brand" names together and blocked the search visibility. Not because was a trademark infringement, but Google consider a possible $ource or victim asking for its ads.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

trafficjammers wrote:

You missed my point. I know it's trademark infringement and illegal without a proper license. It's minuscule compared to the other types of infringement they have to deal with and that's why simple sellers like this can get away with it all over the internet. This seller was only suspended because they were dumb enough to expose themselves to the forum.

I've noticed this also where sellers proudly introduce their regulation breaking store and vanish with in a couple of days.
trafficjammers

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggiethehousecat wrote:
trafficjammers wrote:

I've noticed this also where sellers proudly introduce their regulation breaking store and vanish with in a couple of days.

So true. I see them every week on here. Most criminals are morons.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: