eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google search issues

View previous topic :: View next topic  
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 9:34 am    Post subject: Google search issues Reply with quote

Under google product they list 92,930 vintage dresses listed
when you go to stores only ecrater is not shown under it any longer, nor if you go to google check out only

yet ecrater shows 413 under vintage dresses none are showing up under google products

same with Vintage Mickey Mouse Radio 2 on ecrater sight, 358 in google none from ecrater. Mine and one other, the other persons was showing up on google products but now is missing, yet when I search ecrater both show up.

but yet if you search ecrater under google products 76,040 products of all kinds shows up.

Same with coralbel gravy boat only 4 show up in google products but 0 from ecrater. It was showing up. How ever under regular google it comes up 4th.

I hope I have explained what I am trying to say so it's understandable.

What has changed ecrater items used to show up under google products, and the ecrater store used to show up right under ebay on the list of stores.
victorianprints

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's happing with both my stores this one and upstatefinds.

maybe I should just give up!!!!

I don't understand what changed every thing was showing up in a very timely manner in google products now nothing.

Anyone got any advice for me?

Thanks
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you contact the ecrater.com team?
click on contact at www.ecrater.com

Seems more and more are saying their items are not there.
Not sure why

IF I search big tall mens clothing on google I am still on the first page of the search PLUS my items are showing in PRODUCTS. so I don't know what to tell ya. Google is an ever changing place and maybe something changed that your products are not showing.

Have you contacted Google??
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 2:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've heard the Google algorithm has changed yet again (sigh):

http://searchengineland.com/070516-143312.php

Haven't researched it yet, so far I'm still doing ok. This is dated 5/16/07. So it's not Ecrater, it's our dear friends Google. Twisted Evil
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater 29 May 2007 12:40 Post subject: Google Base Problem wrote:
Google Base is having a problem processing our bulk file. Only part of the products appear on Google Products (around 80,000).

Google has been notified about the problem.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue May 29, 2007 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

File loading issues normaly resolve quickly, FYI
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I am glad it wasn't something I managed to mess up an maybe I need to just wait it out. It's still not fixed the few searches I ran are still showing the same result, only ecrater items has increase to 81,000 up from 76,040.

I wonder if we need to resumbit our stores in to the search?
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater has over 500,000 items on the site so thats a huge amount not showing up in google products
bigtallmensclothing

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

upstatefinds wrote:
ecrater has over 500,000 items on the site so thats a huge amount not showing up in google products

sex items, and all the affiliate items don't go to google. not sure how many that is but it's a big chunk I'm guessing.

As ecrater stated - it's a google issue. There's nothing that can be done until Google does it. So until then just got to wait or submit your items yourself.
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes it's a google problem I posted an item direct in to base and that isn't showing up either. So my guess is that it is effecting other sites also. I click on help google base and see were ecrater is working with them to resolve the issue. So nothing to do but wait until google gets it figured out.

On the upside in the regular search Ecrater items have really great ranking.

Which is actually a relief for me to know. I had been reading the thread on meta tags so I had been working on that and then everything dissapeared out of google base. I had thought I had really mess my self up and could not figure out how to fix it.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I really don't know what the "skinny" is on what's going on, but I did notice one thing - bunches of the listings are showing in the Google Checkout ONLY again - it was like that for a while before, then went back to 'normal', with listings showing up in the regular Google Base listings.

For 'cz ring set', check this out (click on "results available through Google Checkout")

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=cz+ring+set

WAHOO

Hang in there, guys, Google is doing something mysterious (when aren't they??? LOL), so hopefully, it will work out for to the better!! I would add that I notice that all of these listings I am pointing out are NEW ones!
upstatefinds

PostPosted: Wed May 30, 2007 3:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yea it maybe fixed now the radio is now showing up in products!!!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: