eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Question about templates
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 3:39 pm    Post subject: Question about templates Reply with quote

Hello, everybody, I opened my store with template from Crater $60
I received this message from it.
"Your 10 days free trial period for using custom domain with your eCRATER store has started. If you have not yet created a CNAME record for your domain, please log into your registrar website and do so. Most domain registrars offer online interface for their customers to manage their domains. Select your domain, choose to add a CNAME record and enter your store url as cname value without http:// (in your case: simplesolutions.ecrater.com). After this is done, please allow some time for the changes to propagate across the web and then you can access your Ecrater online store through your own domain."
My questions
1 Why I need domain if I opened shop here because I wanted to avoid such stuff like domain? It is too complicated for me.
2 Can I use my free templates from online free sources?
3 Do you feel that it is worth to work on this shop at all? How is your sale?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater,

1.You do not need a to have a custom domain unless you want one.
2. You may only use one of the templates provided under the Templates section on the Admin page.
3. Yes, Ecrater is a great place to have a store. I sell in a specialized niche and I get an occasional sale. You have to do your own promoting and should sell a product that people want to buy. Make sure to read the terms on the Ecrater.com main page.
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Thank you. Nice to meet you!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome.

There are templates that you can use here on eCRATER that have no cost. I looked at the ones with a charge and didn't like them so I stuck with a free template. I have been here since 2008 and am nearing 6000 sales, so yes you can sell here and very worth it. As Lastade mentioned, you do need too promote your goods. Like her I also sell within a niche, which incidentally is basically the same as hers, so there is room for more than one seller of a niche.

Feel free to ask questions as needed.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:31 am    Post subject: Re: Question about templates Reply with quote

SimpleSolutions wrote:
Hello, everybody, I opened my store with template from Crater $60
I received this message from it.
"Your 10 days free trial period for using custom domain with your eCRATER store has started.....
You have confused your use of a store template with option to use a custom domain for your eCrater store. Many store templates, including the one you are using, are free on eCrater. There are a few different designs that are not free, but they cost $10.00 per month payable per year.

If you want a custom domain, the charge is $60 per year. This is an option you have selected from the Options section of your store. Since you do not want a custom domain, you should click on Options in the Account section and scroll down until you see "Custom Domain ($5/month, billed annually)". Make sure the box does NOT have a checkmark. Since you got the message from eCRATER, you have that box checked. If you uncheck the box, and you are still within your 10 days free trial period, there will be no charge from eCRATER.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 20, 2021 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the custom domain for a couple of years and saw no difference in sales and there was another 'fluke' with doing that which Sheila told me about so I discontinued using the customs domain. I have a bad chocolate addiction and that $60 could be used elsewhere if you know what I mean! Wink
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you to everybody for recommendations. I didn`t understand system and there are no explanations. Ecrater did not respond to my email so community is the only way to get advice. I will try to change templates.
As for promo I will post on social media and I will recommend products to my clients. I am health and wellness consultant so I know what is best for them.
Hope it will work for me and them. I will take a note about your shops and I can recommend them too. Best to you!
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 8:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I looked at templates but I did not find $5 template but only $10 monthly templates. Why is my templates are different from yours?
Also, I was able to change $60 template to $10 but when I tried to uncheck last one it did not work. It seems that my settings don`t have choice for free template or $5 annual template. Any idea?
See my link to my templates page https://www.ecrater.com/admin/color.php?
Lisa
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I look at your store by clicking on the www under your post, Your store already is one of the free templates. You would not be charged for that template unless I missed an announcement by Ecrater.

I can't look a link on your admin page but did you scroll all the way down to the bottom? There are several templates that are free and you have the 2nd from the bottom one marked because of the beige color of the example matches your store that I looked at. You will not be charged a monthly fee for that one.

In your store you have one product. You will need to start adding listings to your store in order to generate some sales. Stores with only one product are hard to see. Your wording on your store page is weird. "We can list and sell any product you need. What does this mean?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 26, 2021 3:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Why is my templates are different from yours?

If you mean me, perhaps I forgot the price, but I never paid for a different template. I only paid for a personal domain for a couple of years and I think it was $60/year.

Any time I bump into a seller with one of the newer templates, I wonder why they would be paying extra for it as I don't like the looks of them at all, but that is me. Many complain that the templates are old fashioned, well I have sold lots of stuff (almost 6000 orders) using that exact old fashioned template and the only thing I have ever changed is the texts at times and when my DIL got a picture of my grandbaby playing with her embroidery floss I thought it was the perfect photo for my home page! If she had just been playing with toys, I wouldn't have thought it appropriate so to speak.

So while some people take time trying to decide on a template and paying for it when it is one with a charge, I have always felt that the information that is contained in the listing is important. Today I got an order where the buyer wrote this in the notes:
Quote:
Thanks so much for the great descriptions and photos. I know it takes a lot of work.
Not trying to brag but she bought 8 patterns. She found the information that she needed and the price was right.

I was puzzled too by you only having one product listed while you imply that you could get whatever someone wants. Then your statement above about being "I am health and wellness consultant so I know what is best for them." without anything to back you up. That needs some background proof as to your training and why you would think that you know best for someone. Are you a doctor, nurse, registered dietician, pharmacist, etc. what is your training to sell this one product in your store? Anything about you in your store is you trying to tell a potential customer about your long-term online selling, not anything about your training and accreditations to recommend health products. including this statement on your about us page, "we are pioneers in global shipping to many countries which do not have access to American products." It is one thing to make a statement like that, it is another to prove it. I have been selling online for close to 20 years including selling to many different countries and I would hesitate greatly to say I am a pioneer in selling internationally.

I am not trying to get on your case, but if you are going to make statements like that, you have to be able to back them up with proof. As a nurse, I am always sensitive when sellers come here purporting to be experts of some kind in health, wellness, and medicine. I understand that there are alternative ways to treating illnesses, but I still want to see that the person that says they know what is best for a person actually has some training of some kind.

BTW, a person can buy a product and pay through the PP system without having to join PP. You can also use Stripe. I have been using it for a very long time with no issues.
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You wrote that bottom templates are free but Ecrater sent me this letter I posted earlier. Probably it was just mistake ? It seems it is still on this template even if I changed it. Ok, I will see if they will charge me or not.
I don`t list other items because I am not sure if this shop is working at all. I should find out everything about stuff first.
As for my experience and education - yes I should write about that! Thank you for telling me that. I studied nutrition, ayurveda, naturopathy and homeopathy. So I know what is the best from this types of sciences and it is not available in many countries except probably Europe. I think that others will be interested to get organic and government certified supplements. There are no much supplements in US that have certification and quality and safety evaluation. It is because there is no requirement to do that at all. So people have to believe what company write about their products.
I am not sure about global shipping yet because some countries may nave proper services or at least on Ebay they would not ship everywhere. But I will try. it is mean I will try to be pioneer in this case. I don`t like restrictions of any kind as everybody should have access to what they need. I will correct other thing on my way soon. I appreciate your time and experience. Thank you!
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 7:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Simple Solutions, let me say again, you are confusing the templates with the custom domain feature. You are currently using a FREE template. The message you received from eCrater, that you posted in your original post in this topic, is about using a custom domain. You are allowed to have your own custom domain on eCrater, but it cost $60.00 per year. You received the message because you selected that option. This feature has NOTHING to do with your choice of templates.

To turn OFF the custom domain feature,
1) log into your store and scroll down until you see the section on the left that says ACCOUNT:
2) click on the first choice Option which will open a new page titled Set Store Options
3) scroll down until you see "Custom Domain ($5/month, billed annually)"
4) Make sure the box DOES NOT have a checkmark.
5) If it still has a checkmark, click on the box to un-check the box.
6) Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the button titled Update. You MUST click Update for your selection to be accepted.

IF you still get an email bill from eCrater for the custom domain, let them know about your confusion regarding the custom domain, ask if they would cancel the bill, and refer them to this topic on the forum. Here's the link to this topic that you can include in your contact with eCRATER team. https://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=39167

Regarding the templates, when you click on the link in your admin for templates, you'll see some say "premium, $10/month". These are the only templates available that have a cost. The 18 templates shown below these have no cost for their use and you can change your template whenever you want between these 18 free templates without having a cost.
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oops! I am sorry for being not so smart. I didn`t get it at once. Now I am going to fix it all. Strange that Ecarter didn`t post such Q@A on their website as many people like me doing the same mistakes. I would not bother people in this case. Thank you again for help! Very Happy
SimpleSolutions

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sheila, I looked at your store and found card from Texas which was sent from Arlington , VA. It is interesting because I recently moved from this city to Texas, San Antonio! I ordered it and another one with flowers.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 27, 2021 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don`t list other items because I am not sure if this shop is working at all.

Yes, your shop is working. It is a good idea to take your time learning what to do before spending all the time listings things just to close the store because you and a particular venue aren't a good fit. I spent a good 2 weeks researching eCRATER before listing my first item.

Quote:
I studied nutrition, ayurveda, naturopathy and homeopathy. So I know what is the best from this types of sciences and it is not available in many countries except probably Europe.

I was basically saying, do you have any certification to show that you have studied and passed courses in these topics? Saying 'I know best' is a statement that I would say very cautiously if I were you. You can find yourself being sued by someone that took a supplement at your urging and then had MORE problems.

Quote:
I will try to be pioneer in this case.

Saying 'you are a pioneer' to 'try to be a pioneer' is a vastly different statement. It is already too late to be a 'pioneer' in the global selling of these types of goods.

Quote:
government certified supplements

Nothing on the bottle states this. I did find another seller of this exact same product and they have this statement on their listing:

Quote:
Keep your licensed health care practitioner informed when using this product. These statements have not been evaluated by the Food & Drug Administration. This products is not intended to diagnose, cure, mitigate, treat, or prevent any disease. Statements regarding dietary supplements have not been evaluated by the FDA and are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease or health condition.

You yourself added this statement to your listing:

Quote:
This statement was not evaluated by FDA and it is not authorized by official medical organizations.
So, why are you saying that and telling us that you are selling government-certified supplements? Nor did I find anything on the bottle saying it was organic.

I am not trying to give you problems, but when selling health supplements of any kind, YOU have to be prepared to back up all your statements and you aren't doing that. You are making statements and assuming that others will believe what you are saying without backing them up. As a retired nurse, when I see supplements that aren't following the 'rules', I speak up. I love this venue and do not want to see it get in trouble by those that think they do not have to follow the rules. I sometimes suspect that as many have not heard of eCRATER, that is a site where anything goes. It isn't. There aren't a lot of rules, but they expect them to be followed. I'm not saying you aren't trying to follow the rules, it is more like you don't know the rules.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: