eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Order says Payment via: PayPal but not actually paid

View previous topic :: View next topic  
24-hour-mall

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:15 pm    Post subject: Order says Payment via: PayPal but not actually paid Reply with quote

I got the email stating I have sold an item. The order says Payment via: PayPal. I packaged it and purchased a label ... then I noticed there is no checkmark in the paid column of the orders page. Obviously, I am not going to mail the package until the paid checkmark shows up. Is this just a delay in the Paypal confirmation? I always thought Paypal was immediate.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does your eCrater order email say Payment via: PayPal or does it say Payment via: PayPal Express Checkout? With PayPal Express Checkout payment should be immediate. With the older PayPal Standard it is possible for the customer to complete the checkout without payment. I think at some point PayPal Standard was no longer offered to new sellers, so you may not have that option in your store. While PayPal Express Checkout normally is immediate, there is always the possibility of a glitch in communication between eCrater and PayPal.
Sellers should ALWAYS check their PayPal account for the actual payment before shipping an order. If the payment shows in your PayPal account then the order was paid and you can ship.

If you confirm the order is paid in your PayPal account and a checkmark doesn't show on your eCrater admin orders page, you can contact the eCrater team from the home page of ecrater.com and they can manually add the checkmark. It could have simply been a temporary internet glitch.
24-hour-mall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 7:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The email says Payment via: PayPal. I checked my Paypal account this morning and the payment has not come through. I have emailed the customer - will see what she says.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In your admin under Payment Options do you have the option for both PayPal Payments Standard and PayPal Express Checkout? If yes, are they both checked? At one time this would happen when there was a communication problem between PayPal & eCrater where the system that would normally default to PayPal Express Checkout would instead go to PayPal Standard which would allow the customer to checkout without paying.

Be sure to send an note to the eCrater Team to let them know about the problem. (Use the contact link on the ecrater.com home page.) Give them the order #, how your Payment Options are set and what happened. Several years ago PayPal made a change that affected the API and PayPal had to correct the problem. Hopefully your problem is an single problem, temporary internet glitch.
24-hour-mall

PostPosted: Sat Dec 11, 2021 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only see one box checked for PayPal Express Checkout in payment options. Thanks for the info I will send a note to eCrater.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: